Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2017, 03:53 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Elder Scrolls 26: Skyrim
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls 26: Skyrim  (Read 36087 times)
Matt
Fart Wizard

Quoth the raven, `Hmmm.'

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 08:11 am »

This is really the first suggestion? Nerds fucking suck.

Gitro
Sucks at High Fiving

Feminazi Manhater

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 08:13 am »

Downloading below 10kb/s? What the fuck, Steam? Why do you always do this to me hurry up I want to play Skyrim already.

Australia has a serious gap in its defence against timber refugee boats because over-the-horizon radar can't pick them up and current ship and aircraft radars have limited range.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 11:53 am »

I unlocked this by connecting to Steam through an Aussie VPN at around 6 AM and then played it for all of 45 minutes before being forced to go to work by the demon of ADULT RESPONSIBILITY.

It's pretty.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 12:22 pm »

I shot a chicken that belonged to somebody else. Now I have a 40 gold bounty on my head.

It would've been a 45 gold bounty had I not killed the last remaining witness to the crime, which happened to be the chicken itself.

This game is awesome.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 12:26 pm »

The very first thing I did when I got to Riverwood was shoot the chicken right inside the gates.  The second thing I did when I got to Riverwood was get murdered by the townspeople.

Danyull
A Fake Punk With Fake Attitude and Fake Grit

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 12:27 pm »

I also used an Australian VPN because waiting is for suckers. However I won't be able to play it until I get home, so therefore I am obligated to hate all of you until then. Especially you HyperGlavin.
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 12:33 pm »

The very first thing I did when I got to Riverwood was shoot the chicken right inside the gates.  The second thing I did when I got to Riverwood was get murdered by the townspeople.

That chicken really is asking for it.

Truck Thunders
Fart Wizard

foquet

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 07:09 pm »

Damn it, it's just past seven where I am, and I'm literally sitting around and waiting it to be unlocked.  I'm not ten anymore.  I shouldn't be this anxious for a damn video game.  I really wish I still had a copy of Mount & Blade, because I badly need to kill things with a sword.
Leather
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 10:21 pm »

My god it's purdy.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 10:43 am »

This is what I really hate about Steam.  It's nice that I don't need the disk in the drive to play.  It's nice to be able to access everything digitally.  But don't tell me that a brand new game that I just put in the computer off the disk needs to be updated before I'm allowed to run it.  If I want to run the busted version, let me.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 04:23 pm »

I bought a horse to trek to one of the big cities across the world.  Halfway there I had a random dragon encounter.  I was did about 3 tries and died, but was going to make it with a little better coordination.  However the next time, the dragon circled over a giant camp and got owned by the giants.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
Zach
Artist, Allusionist, Ape
Admin

Human, all too human

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2011, 05:09 pm »

you can't tell me I can shoot spells at anyone and then expect me not to give random villagers a world class hot foot followed by a nice crisp breeze.

Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2011, 05:51 pm »

I'm starting to think that I could spend the next 6 months playing this just running around the countryside and taking cool screenshots.

DoctorShenanigans

DEFINITELY Not Qualified To Practice Medicine

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2011, 10:29 pm »

I think "bear" must be the Nord word for "total motherfucker", because I have not met a bear yet that didn't completely ruin my shit.

To be fair, it's probably my fault for playing a stealthy character and walking into bears all the time.

I am a mobile game designer, check out my NEW PORTFOLIO!
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2011, 11:02 pm »

So, I found a dragon just hanging out on a mountain.  Cool, I thought, I'll kill it.

And I do kill it (after drinking plenty of healing potions and hiding behind columns like a coward because fire hurts).  To celebrate my victory, I walk over to the edge of a cliff, with the intent to use the Unrelenting Force (FUS ROH DAH!) shout.  You know, to show off to the universe my ultimate dragon slaying badassery.  To shout at the vast nothingness that lay below me, "I am Dragonborn, hear me roar!  I just killed a fucking dragon, what have you done today?"

Well, I forgot that during the fight I got stuck on some part of the environment, so I had switched to the Whirlwind Sprint shout to unstick myself.  For anybody who hasn't been far enough to get it yet, Whirlwind Sprint is a shout that lunges you like 30 feet forward in an instant.

My previous save was about 25 minutes old.

(The bonus happy ending to me plummeting to my death is that when I went back to fight the dragon again, it was a frost dragon, and I'm a fucking Nord (50% frost resist) so it went down much easier and with much less hiding behind pillars for cover like a pansy.)

Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2011, 11:36 pm »

I haven't seen any dragons yet, but I just killed the fuck out of some Imperials transporting a Stormcloak prisoner. I fucked those dudes right up.

Gitro
Sucks at High Fiving

Feminazi Manhater

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2011, 11:40 pm »

Destruction seems pretty powerful, I can kill a lot of things by backing up and spewing fire/lightning at it.

I was wandering around the mountains near Winterhold, doing some quests up there. Unfortunately, there was a snow leopard on the road and it took all of 3 hits to kill me. It was pretty well camouflaged, too, I didn't even see it the first time it ripped my face off. I tried my trusty strategy of backing off while spewing lightning but it was too fast. A couple reloads later, I remembered I was a Bosmer and just used my Command power on it. I think it went off to kill some goats and I never heard from it again. I also discovered that racial powers use the shout button after a bit of panicked clicking.

Also there are some mods out. A really good one is the Savegame manager which allows you to set profiles, courtesy of the PWoT thread.

But what's the most downloaded mod? In a shock twist it's the No Dirty Bodies - Caucasian Female Races mod at over 5000 non-unique downloads. Who could have guessed? For comparison, the Muscular Female Bodies mod for Nord women has about 40 downloads.

Australia has a serious gap in its defence against timber refugee boats because over-the-horizon radar can't pick them up and current ship and aircraft radars have limited range.
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2011, 11:44 pm »

This is an interesting review of the game: Things I ate in Skyrim
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2011, 09:12 am »

Destruction seems pretty powerful, I can kill a lot of things by backing up and spewing fire/lightning at it.

I've really been enjoying magic.  It seems to be a viable build in this game.  That said, make sure you get some spells of each type, because it sucks to encounter a fire dragon with nothing but fireballs in your hands.

HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2011, 09:26 am »

In an rpg, that goes without saying. I decided to give magic a miss though, after perusing the perks list and realising that as a sneak, I get more bonuses to physical weaponry.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length