Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 02:17 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Elder Scrolls 26: Skyrim
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls 26: Skyrim  (Read 39843 times)
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2016, 03:40 am »

oh i just assumed that video i never watched would have mentioned them before. the gloves of the pugilist are a guaranteed drop off a fucko punching man in the Ratway in Riften which you already know probably since you linked to the item

if loving me is wrong, everybody is right
thermus aquaticus
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2016, 12:47 am »

Oh my god there's a way to keep dead bodies. It's what I suspected, too. String search "permanent corpse exploit" for the one I mean.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/64585?page=1

I'm mostly done with my Daedric armor, so I'll probably work on the corpse project next.

Hey, does anyone want to give me name suggestions for my new armor pieces? I blew a lot of creativity on earlier pieces.

Wooer et ass, 2013
thermus aquaticus
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2016, 03:23 pm »

Now I've got myself and a follower in Daedric armor and two Dremora Lords. We're so cute with our matching outfits.

Wooer et ass, 2013
TheDarkFlame
Uselessness Personified
Fart Wizard

Go on. Touch it. You know you want to.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2016, 05:25 pm »

You can still use Enchanting and Alchemy to break the game in half if you choose to. You'd think they'd have fixed that, but apparently not, which I am entirely okay with.

Rolling all the ones, forever.
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2016, 10:41 pm »

the best (worst) thing about replaying Skyrim is embracing all the shitty bugs all over again. last night while leaving Dragonsreach in Whiterun i jumped off the stairs into the pool, as you do, and when i resurfaced the water had glitched to be all the way to the top of the skybox and all the non-permanent NPCs drowned

spermos thermos
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2016, 11:15 pm »

Does that include the shopkeepers?

Fuck science and fuck Jesus.
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2016, 11:34 pm »

i didn't have a chance to check because after my breathing potion wore off and i started to swim up towards the skybox the game crashed, but i definitely watched most of the guards and NPCs that hang around the tree near the Talos shrine all drown

spermos thermos
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2016, 12:24 am »

I'll give you anything! Critical strikes! Dual flurry!

I want my perks back you son of a bitch.

spermos thermos
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2016, 05:00 am »

I've been looking for a way to do a whole fight without opening any menus, and I just got it: Shield in one hand and healing spell in the other. I got the perks to beat people with the shield, and to restore stamina with healing spells, so I can beat them all day. The spell heals my AI bud too. Now I'm invincible, and lazy, and maybe it's finally time to turn up the difficulty.

Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2016, 05:42 pm »

I started up another file because I wanted to revisit the Dark Brotherhood quest stuff from an earlier stage and I really forgot how much Sneak + Archery trivializes early parts of the game. So much so it quickly becomes a crutch. I both hate and love the feeling when I sneak snipe an enemy and all of a sudden it's only 1/5 of his health and they come to hack me to death with my shit armor and shit 1v1 skills.

That, of course, also stops being an issue with a liberal application of poisons and the perk to stagger opponents with arrows.

I'm up to level 20 and I fear no man or beast (except dragons, from whom I run like a baby kitty)

spermos thermos
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2016, 06:53 pm »

I also got into sneaking as an alternative to turning up the difficulty. I joined the thieves guild, and that's been funny. I would get detected in 2 seconds, and just stumble toward the objective in my invincible suit while guards hack away at me. I'm better at it now. I'm in the middle of building a super sneak suit, because apparently charting out suit plans is where I get all my fun in the game.

My other motive for joining that guild is that I wanted a follower to sacrifice to Boethiah, as murdering a thief satisfies my personal ethics. Then I find out Boethiah is going to give me a sneak-helping suit. Must be fate.

Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2016, 08:47 pm »

there are only 2 reasons to join the thieve's guild:

1) quickest access to a fence.

2) if you don't finish that final quest you get to keep that unbreakable lockpick skeleton key forever and don't have to waste perks in the lockpick tree

spermos thermos
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2016, 09:01 pm »

Yeah, but I already powergamed. Now I have RP goals like getting that cool ninja hood, and me-kosher murder meat. I can pick any lock without perks anyway, just with the picks I've found.

Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2016, 08:47 pm »

it really is amazing how many different paths there are to breaking Skyrim over your knee and humbling it before the majesty of your grinding.

it's almost as if the game isn't balanced very well past level 40 or so hmmmmm

spermos thermos
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2016, 07:46 pm »

Most of the stuff I wanted to do didn't work. I was too high-level to Dead Thrall villains, so no dead body pile. The Thieves Guild doesn't have followers after all. But I thought up another brilliant scheme that did work: Spent my perks in Mage Armor and related fields, so I can wear clothing and have decent protection. Now I have a set of enchanted clothes for every occasion: Sniper ninja, pickpocketing, haulin' loot, magicka/regen. It's very flexible and I'm a genius.

I also realized I could use the perk-resetter in the Dragonborn world to shift myself from crafting mode to combat mode and back. I hit the jackpot with IQ points here.

smashington
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2016, 01:35 am »

Does anyone else keep an eye out for new quest/land mods? I've got Falskaar, Moonpath to Elsweyr, and whatever else is lurking (I generally like to purposefully not read whole descriptions of these mods so I can sort of "discover" them while my character is doing other things).

Right now, I have a level blahblah* orc by the name of Stronginthearm who just wants to watch Tamriel burn and also slaughter dragons.

*I've been going a little hog-wild with the console.
spermos thermos
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2016, 12:48 pm »

I'm afraid no one even mods, bro.

Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2016, 04:27 pm »

my mod use is pretty limited. mostly visual enhancements, NPC AI adjustments, weather effects etc. Every time I add mods that add houses and places etc I've had bad luck w/ crashes and stuff.

smashington
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2016, 06:47 pm »

I had about 90ish mods before it completely crashed and I had to do a reinstall. Now I have less than twenty and I'm feverishly waiting for the day I can afford a better system.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2016, 01:29 pm »

I picked up Elder Scrolls Online for 10 bucks during a sale recently, since it's now free to play. While it features a lot of typical MMO fare, it is a perfectly competent Elder Scrolls game that plays in the vein of Skyrim. If you can get it for 10 bucks, it's fun enough to do nothing but play through the main quest and guild quests, sinking into the deeper MMO stuff is optional.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length