Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 05:04 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Dumbtown
| | |-+  nerds fucking suck
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 103 Print
Author Topic: nerds fucking suck  (Read 144687 times)
RummyLu
The PUNisher
Deathfat

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 20, 2012, 04:01 pm »

I'm glad he didn't take his gloves off, she might have discovered his secret identity.

"Ill retract the rape complaint from the wombat, because hes pulled out."
jimbob
Technocratic Libertarian

Armadillidium vulgare

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 20, 2012, 04:03 pm »

How come he's white in the first panel and black in the second?

"Now with a shrieking and crashing, shells began to descend upon us from our own guns, while simultaneously German guns began to shell their own lines." - Edwin Campion Vaughan, MC
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Vice Douchelord

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2012, 04:05 pm »

Affirmative action.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
jimbob
Technocratic Libertarian

Armadillidium vulgare

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 20, 2012, 04:13 pm »

That's it, we need a new hero.

Someone to take back AMERICA.

Bring me a mask, a cape, a bodybuilder, and a quadbike.

"Now with a shrieking and crashing, shells began to descend upon us from our own guns, while simultaneously German guns began to shell their own lines." - Edwin Campion Vaughan, MC
Citizen Snips
bogus street dog
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 21, 2012, 07:59 am »

Jesus Christ, how are human beings capable of being so dumb

MadPiper6
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 21, 2012, 01:15 pm »

this should be in the nerds fucking suck thread
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Vice Douchelord

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: February 22, 2012, 11:31 pm »

A review of Kevin Smith's show about comic book shops

This dude... There's a part during the flea market competition where he just starts smashing these collectible plates that one of the other guys is selling as part of some kind of aggressive sales tactic, and also so that the other dude can't sell them and beat him at the contest. A nearby senior citizen sees this and walks over to yell at him for being a dick, and he immediately backs down and pays for the things he broke. Then the old man leaves, and just as quickly as he backed down, Bryan gets tough again and demands his money back until the other guy shuffles like a kicked puppy and hands it over.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
Not A Spatula
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2012, 12:12 am »

Hey, I caught that show!

Except for the part about three minutes in when they start talking about which super-heroines they want to have sex with, which is a nice way to confirm every negative image of comic book store employees right at the start.

This where I came in and where I changed the channel.
Joseph Nistal
Fraud Alert
Admin

Bounce

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 23, 2012, 12:42 am »

I watched the whole first episode hoping that it'd maybe go into a little more comic history but nope, bullying each other and filming people that came into the store to try and offload some of their personal stuff and watching them haggle the price. It was all kinds of terrible.

nchammer326
Hurker

I'm charming, I'm dashing, I'm rental-car bashing

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 23, 2012, 01:53 am »

A few pages ago, I posted a picture of EDI's new character model in the Mass Effect 3 game. It got taken down (that's what I get for trusting someone else's photobucket link) but here it is again (if a mod could use that link to replace the broken one, I would appreciate it).

I thought it couldn't get any worse, but apparently this is the voice of the new Prothean squad member:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK99_T61alc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK99_T61alc</a>

Favorite relevant comment from this video:

Quote from: TobiasMakesNoise
You must buy the launch DLC and embark on your mission to form the first Prothean bobsled team.

A stupid note is produced. It's the one assholes play to make their audience start punching themselves in the crotch repeatedly.
Chronicles
Horse Party MC

Friend of the Future

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2012, 02:59 am »

I'd argue that it didn't get worse

Driscoll
Admin

Huge Cowardly Nerd Shitball

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2012, 06:49 am »

I'm not sure I understand what's wrong with a Jamaican accent, but yeah, ME3 is looking pretty disappointing.
Housefly
Potential Friend

Man without a country.

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 23, 2012, 08:03 am »

I'm not sure what to think about the Jamaican accent.  If they just hired a guy with a Jamaican accent to portray the alien then that could be OK, one of the alien main characters has a Russian accent after all.  I don't like the idea of using accents to highlight aliens being weird and exotic, but I don't know if it's honest to god racist, they're not like Watto the Space Jew from Star Wars.  That EDI thing is a lot more cut and dried, what the fuck is wrong with you Bioware.
Honest Abe
Chairman, Pug Club Local 80085
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

join pug club! ask me how!

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 23, 2012, 09:07 am »

but I don't know if it's honest to god racist, they're not like Watto the Space Jew from Star Wars.

yes, they are
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2012, 09:15 am »

A good litmus test for racism in sci-fi/fantasy is to count the number of ethnic humans there are. If the majority of black/asian/etc voices are used for species other than human, it's racist as fuck.

By the way, most fantasy/sci-fi is racist as fuck.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
TheDarkFlame
Uselessness Personified
Fart Wizard

Go on. Touch it. You know you want to.

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 23, 2012, 02:49 pm »

I never did get that. Is there supposed to be the implication that all non-white people evolved into radically different things, while white people stayed the same? Or is it saying that in the future there's some super-racist Space Hitler in charge? Unless there's some rational, non-racist reason that black people stop existing between now and then, of course.

Rolling all the ones, forever.
jimbob
Technocratic Libertarian

Armadillidium vulgare

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 23, 2012, 04:07 pm »

I noticed something similar in Morrowind. The anthropomorphic beast races tend to have non-European accents. There's cat-men who sound like Arabs or Persians or something and are known for being untrustworthy, drug-addled thieves.

thermus aquaticus
Sucks at High Fiving

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 23, 2012, 07:05 pm »

Why is it racist to co-opt a human accent for aliens? That's not saying it isn't, but I can't put it in words to save my liberal ass.

Wooer et ass, 2013
DoctorShenanigans

DEFINITELY Not Qualified To Practice Medicine

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 23, 2012, 07:26 pm »

I'm in "I don't really think this is bad especially compared to some of the other details that have surfaced" camp. 

A good litmus test for racism in sci-fi/fantasy is to count the number of ethnic humans there are. If the majority of black/asian/etc voices are used for species other than human, it's racist as fuck.

Mass Effect has a pretty decent ethnic mix of humans in its main/supporting cast.  Off the top of my head there's Jacob Taylor, Captain Anderson, Counselor Udina, and Kasumi Goto, who are all major characters.

Plus, of the aliens, only Tali has a non-Western accent, and it's even demonstrated that not all Quarians have that accent, just her.  It's likely true of the Protheans as well.

I am a mobile game designer, check out my NEW PORTFOLIO!
thermus aquaticus
Sucks at High Fiving

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 23, 2012, 07:59 pm »

I checked youtube and you're right, the rest of the Quarians don't sound Russian. I wonder why I remembered it that way. I guess I'm the racist.

Wooer et ass, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 103 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length