Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2017, 10:25 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Sanctum Sanctorum
| | |-+  Charts and Graphs thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60 Print
Author Topic: Charts and Graphs thread  (Read 225162 times)
Wibblewobble
Pug Club President

May contain nuts

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 02:18 pm »

I think these are all great, except the one about transportation infrastructure. That doesn't have any visual interpretation of data, and no sources for their projections.

American Society of Civil Engineers; hang your head in shame!

Navigator2001Plus
Mr Pedanto McLiteratureProfessor
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 04:43 pm »

I saw this on Betty's FB, and it definitely belongs here.

Our Last Graph About Herman Cain's 9-9-9 tax plan, and the Only One You Need to See

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:39 pm by fermun » Logged

<Skeletonic> nav is very important to me
<SuperCalvin> So as I was saying, navigator is handsome
Johnny Something
Potential Friend

bitches ain't shit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 07:31 pm »

Holy fucking shit.
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 08:04 pm »

Herman Cain is the worst about it, but every single Republican candidate this year wants to lower the tax on the wealthy and raise the tax on the poor.

fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 08:42 am »

Honest Abe
Chairman, Pug Club Local 80085
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

join pug club! ask me how!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 09:47 am »

Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 03:21 pm »

In econ class they said markets lead to competition not monopoly.  Your graph must be wrong abe.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 03:29 pm »

Favor became the dominant opinion this year.

fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 09:41 pm »

fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 09:31 am »

fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 11:08 am »

source: http://www.alternet.org/occupywallst/152811/the_shocking%2C_graphic_data_that_shows_exactly_what_motivates_the_occupy_movement_/

Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 06:21 pm »

Fermun, where did you get the map graph 2 posts up?  I'd love to read more about that.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 11:36 am »

I will have to check on the source on that map, I'll check later today and let you know.

Source: http://www.deltacostproject.org/resources/pdf/Trends-in-College-Spending-98-08.pdf

Those show that tuition costs are rising a lot faster than inflation and that public funding has gone down, but what are the incomes doing?

Oh. Well at least when debt forces those new grads into bankruptcy student loan tuition can't be negotiated in bankruptcy filings!
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 12:02 pm »

Thanks to JRB for linking me this:

Patient advocates and doctors are worried about the lax regulations on medical devices "particularly in light of some all-metal artificial hips that are failing prematurely at an unusually high rate." This summer, Representative Erik Paulsen (R) Minnesota made a speech about how the FDA should have fewer safety regulations.

The average cost of winning a House election is $1.4M

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/26/business/venture-capitalists-join-push-to-ease-fda-rules-for-medical-device-industry.html
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 03:18 pm »

I like that the primary argument they have for easing the process is that it's an economic challenge.  Who cares if they're safe, we're losing tons of money here you fuckers!

HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 07:06 am »

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 03:00 pm »

Find yourself here to see where you should be: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States#Household_income
Wibblewobble
Pug Club President

May contain nuts

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 04:19 pm »

So, opinion check here.

Do you guys think the US is as fucked up, inequality-ridden, and inhabited with more down-trodden worker drones compared to other developed nations as these graphs seem to suggest, or do you think it's just clever manipulation of data?

Just asking, 'cos over here I have 5 weeks paid holiday, work < 40 hours a week for a good salary, and if I suddenly transmogrify into a woman, I'd be entitled to 6 months paid maternity leave too!

BSam
Wikipedia Nazi Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 04:30 pm »

I'm not sure, what percentage does this make you?
Luna Fortuna

Rock Stacker

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 04:36 pm »

I could definitely get behind those wonderful things, Wibble, but for the time being, benefits at that level just sound sort of weird to me. Unfamiliar, not undesirable. I work ten, maybe eleven hours, but it starts early in the morning so I still have long evenings at home. I had six weeks of maternity leave, my salary is livable as a single income with a tight budget. I don't feel like a drone at all, yet I believe these comparisons have not been manipulated, and my statistical place is planted squarely in the middle of every group for which I feel compassion on these charts. Our brains default to content, I suppose.

Enjoy the time off, Wibble, rub it in why don't you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length