Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2017, 04:45 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  When work attacks.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Print
Author Topic: When work attacks.  (Read 81958 times)
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 20, 2015, 04:30 pm »

a hammer fell on my head and now i have an itchy headlump

-joey
Joseph Nistal
Shogun
Admin

lep

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 11, 2015, 08:19 pm »

I'm applying for a job at Blizzard. Dreams can come true more than once, right?

I finally got a rejection email from them today. Doesn't help with being at work and still a little sick from catching flu over the weekend

Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 12, 2015, 06:12 am »

:/

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
Joseph Nistal
Shogun
Admin

lep

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 18, 2016, 04:02 am »

Dream Job Application Round 2: Bethesda

Captain Wacky
Sucks at High Fiving

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 21, 2016, 09:55 pm »

AAAHHHH!! I GOT A JOB!!! FUCK!! WHAT DO I DO???

A photograph described as a dog that was burned saving a family from a house fire is actually a dog with a slice of ham on its face.
Metsfan
Book Smart

I like to get intimate with inanimate inmates.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: February 21, 2016, 10:14 pm »

Attack the job before it attacks you.

Won't somebody think of the nerds?
EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 25, 2016, 11:11 pm »

Dont get fired
Metsfan
Book Smart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: May 24, 2016, 09:55 pm »

My background check just cleared, this dude is now a creative designer for Booz Allan. To everyone who made comments critical of my degree choice, suck it.

Health plan time, I'm going to the dentist!!!

DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 24, 2016, 10:51 pm »

Booze you say?

Metsfan
Book Smart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: May 24, 2016, 11:54 pm »

I say.

BSam
Wikipedia Nazi Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 25, 2016, 03:52 am »

FUCKEN worked a twelve hour plus day today.
Wibblewobble
Pug Club President

May contain nuts

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 25, 2016, 03:18 pm »

My background check just cleared, this dude is now a creative designer for Booz Allan.

Rock on dude!

BSam
Wikipedia Nazi Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 25, 2016, 11:02 pm »

Worth it yesterday. Today was a Fuckn breeze.
TheDarkFlame
Uselessness Personified
Fart Wizard

Go on. Touch it. You know you want to.

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 26, 2016, 08:01 am »

Oh hey, this thread. I used to live this thread before I escaped Subway and started working at a coffee place. It's been good until the past couple of months.

We had some issues when one of our supervisors got the sack after she refused to stop being confrontational and aggressive to other staff, and decided to fake a week's illness, and then threatened to take us all to court. I live right near work so I covered a few of her shifts to help out, and then started covering more shifts, and people's sick days, until this became a regular thing and I ended up generally going nine or ten days between days off.

Then our franchise decided it was opening a new store, and sent my store's manager to run it. She took four of our good staff to the new store. Another left the company when they were told that they weren't allowed to also go to the new store, as it would stretch our team too thin. Our new manager employed a guy from his old store, who quit within a week, so again people are doing extra hours and extra shifts, and nobody in charge is really paying attention to who has which days off as long as someone is working.

And now I find out that my assistant manager is changing stores as well. In the eighteen months or so that I've been here, the only person left from when I started is me. Everyone is gone, everything is a mess, and I really haven't thought about quitting until now. But god is it tempting.

Rolling all the ones, forever.
BSam
Wikipedia Nazi Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 26, 2016, 08:44 pm »

i did my normal 5 hour shift in three hours this morning then went to my other store to cover a sick persons 5 hour shift with my remaining 2 hours

should get paid double mother fuckers
Metsfan
Book Smart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: June 12, 2016, 02:30 pm »

I'm also working part time as a tech at a Staples. We had mandatory training today. The trainer who came in spent two hours talking about the differences between routers including role playing and pop quizes. She also wanted us to sell fancy home security cameras that you can put around your home which she insisted was a good way to monitor her kids. She then showed us live video feed of her multi-million mansion in California and her "lazy no good son who traded everything she bought him for liquor" loafing it up on the couch. Every example she gave about technology included her lazy son.

She also mentioned that if we sold three security cameras she would give us a set for free to use in our own homes. We all make less than ten hourly but she did not understand when I asked if the camera package included the home to set them up in and my manager shot me a look of great consternation.

In the end though everyone who completed the training got a $400 5.3ghz router for some reason? And then I had to offload a truck and a customer asked me what kind of pencils a set of pens were.

All in all a strange day. I'll call it a wash.

Metsfan
Book Smart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: June 12, 2016, 02:49 pm »

Examples:

"Every laptop ordered from the store can be delivered anywhere for free. I used this when I had to buy my son a second laptop after he had his first one stolen at knife point"

"Our tech services offer onsite set up for printers which is useful because the wireless is confusing for some people. My son needed to set up his new printer after he traded his first printer for a bottle of Svedka. He needed to print out a paper the next day but forgot"

"My son and his friend broke into 21 cars on our block, but he left mine alone as soon as he saw the red light flash on these home camera systems"

"These cameras have a two way audio feature which is great for monitoring the home" this was followed by her yelling at her son to feed the dogs through the cameras.

RummyLu
The PUNisher
Probably a postbot

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 03, 2016, 11:46 pm »

Am tired.

"Iíll retract the rape complaint from the wombat, because heís pulled out."
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 05, 2016, 09:57 am »

This month I conducted a writing contest, helped an outside team cast, script and direct three short films, got one of our clients in touch with a literary agent, taught four other clients how to do calculus properly in preperation for their higher mathematics exams, taught a 4-week class how to draw and paint, taught another 4-week class how to play guitar, taught another 4-week class how to code in Python, was offered a huge amount of money to smuggle an iPhone and threatened with death when I refused, and sprained a muscle in my butt during Insanity.
Metsfan
Book Smart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: August 12, 2016, 10:56 pm »

They took the flaming hot cheetohs out of the vending machine cause only one person in the building was buying them

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length