Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 01:21 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Forum/IRC Game: V-v-v-VAAAAAMPIIIIIIIIIRES
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Forum/IRC Game: V-v-v-VAAAAAMPIIIIIIIIIRES  (Read 11727 times)
DiegoInglewood
I Feel Like Fabo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2012, 06:12 pm »

am i the only one cool enough to get killed by a vampire
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:15 pm by BondFiction » Logged

BondFiction is right

17:59   Illiterati   a diaper with holes defeats the purpose of wearing a diaper in the first place, but a man's gotta fuck
jimbob
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

Armadillidium vulgare

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2012, 06:46 pm »

Pacifism is a losing game fellas.

I think it might be time to start staking. Not sure we're supposed to be talking at night though.

"Now with a shrieking and crashing, shells began to descend upon us from our own guns, while simultaneously German guns began to shell their own lines." - Edwin Campion Vaughan, MC
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Wenjadanlawaleiya

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2012, 09:34 am »

Seven villagers stood in a semi-circle around Gitro, who had demanded their attention for an important announcement.

"Guys, listen up, have some great news," Gitro said. "Last night, I decided to be extra diligent and just scout the hell out of everybody in the entire village, so I know every single vampire and every single villager! With this knowledge we can happily stake the remaining baddies and return to our happy merry lives. I will gladly share this information with you in just one second, after I have myself a celebratory glass of poison-free wine!"

Gitro raised a glass to his lips, downing the entire contents in one pull.

"Oh no," he cried. "Curses and confound you, I have been poisoned and surely now I will perish without ever sharing any of this information for I can no longer speak as I will be dead forever. Hmm, this is taking longer than expected. In hindsight, I mean, I probably had time to spit out a few names of vampires had I not gone off about being out of time and all. Oh well, live and learn. Hindsight is always 20/20, you know? Nobody is perfect. Anyhow, I'm going to be dying now and taking all that I know to the grave with me, so, sorry about that. HURK, BLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH"

So, your hunter was poisoned in the night. Seven players remain, meaning it will take four votes to stake.

88FingersLouie - Snips
BSam - subbero
Chronicles - subbero
jimbob - subbero
Remington - subbero
Snips - Remington
subbero -
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:52 am by SteelFan714 » Logged
Citizen Snips
bogus street dog
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2012, 09:54 am »

It's Remington. I stake my reputation on it.

BSam
Literally 15

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2012, 10:20 am »

I think Subbero might be more likely, Gitro nominated him for staking and then was suspiciously killed in the night. So I'm voting that way.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Vice Douchelord

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2012, 11:59 am »

I'm voting for Snips.  Every vote he's been a part of that has resulted in a staking, it's been a human on the other end of that stake.  He was notably absent from the round 3 voting despite having voted for fermun the previous round.  Also he's a big dumb meanie.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
Chronicles
Horse Party MC

Friend of the Future

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2012, 02:10 pm »

Subbero because BSam has a reason

Lukeington
boner owner

If at first you don't succeed, try power tools.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2012, 02:33 pm »

Subbero because I can't vote anyways.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:11 pm by fermun » Logged
jimbob
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

Armadillidium vulgare

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2012, 03:10 pm »

So our useless hunter was alive all along. NOW we're fucked.

Interesting: Snips, Remington, and Bsam are the three with the worst voting record so far. That could just be because they're always so eager to stake, though.

Of those three, Snips has aroused the least suspicion in me by his voting patterns.

I'm not sure about staking Subbero, Gitro was wrong with most of the other votes he cast. On the other hand, Bondfiction was killed right after he initiated the voting for Fermun.

Subbero has been voting suspiciously too. But if Bsam is a vampire, why would he vote for a fellow vampire? Maybe to deflect the bandwagon votes away from Remington, who had just received a vote?
So if Bsam and Subbero are both vampires, maybe Remington is the Master.

That's pretty far-fetched reasoning, but with our hunter dead, I'm grasping at straws.

I'm voting to stake Remington.

"Now with a shrieking and crashing, shells began to descend upon us from our own guns, while simultaneously German guns began to shell their own lines." - Edwin Campion Vaughan, MC
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Wenjadanlawaleiya

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2012, 03:17 pm »

Up yours, Luke. I just got really confused at where I had lost a name on the living players list for a bit. Also, people not in the game post in purple or something in game threads. If somebody can edit Luke's post, that would be appreciated. Damn no-good Canadians.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Vice Douchelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2012, 04:18 pm »

That could just be because they're always so eager to stake, though.

Dude, for the last time, staking is and always has been our only real chance of winning. Unless you think relying on the hunter to wait at home for the master vampire to show up and get staked is a legitimate strategy for us to pursue, literally the only way we can win the game is by staking (of course now that he's gone it's all we've got and it's nice to see that finally coerced you into voting).  We have two options: stake, don't stake.  Staking has the advantage of possibly killing a human and possibly killing a vampire, and oh yeah, winning the game.  Not staking advantages include, let me think... not a damn thing!  Unless you count giving the vampires more time to kill and more chances to recruit people as an advantage, in which case you're a vampire.

So you're either a very smart vampire or you're a very bad villager.  I don't think you're that dumb, so I'm leaning towards vampire and I change my vote to jimbob.

jimbob
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

Armadillidium vulgare

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2012, 04:34 pm »

No, our best chance to win was for the hunter to go out and see who were vampires and then tell us. Another help would have been if people had the balls to tell us who had failed to convert them.

Now staking is our best chance, and now we have some information to guess on. Not very good information, but it's all we have. If we are to win as villagers we have to work together, which means stating our reasons for suspicions and our reasons for voting.

A few days ago you stated that my reasons for not staking seemed to be good. Now you've changed your mind and think I'm a vampire for not staking? No, I don't think so: you want to stake me now, because I am voting. For you.
Now, that doesn't tell me anything about your allegiance; but the fact that you're lying about your motives is suspicious.

Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Vice Douchelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2012, 04:51 pm »

I retracted my vote for you because at the time what you were saying didn't sound like vampire logic.  In retrospect, I'm not sure what to think.  I wanted more discussion to happen before we decided on anything and then we came up on a deadline.  I still feel like staking someone would have been a better choice than not staking, but there wasn't anything near a consensus on who to stake at that point and like most of the game nobody was talking openly about what they were thinking.

If you think I'm voting for you just because you voted for me, that's fine.  I can't prove that I'm not.  But you haven't exactly given anyone a good reason to trust you since you have nothing in your voting record (other than "I haven't voted to stake a human yet", but that's hardly relevant considering you don't have a single vote at all).  And even if I did agree with you it's not like I can vote for myself.

jimbob
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

Armadillidium vulgare

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2012, 05:16 pm »

I don't expect you to vote for yourself. But I was a little surprised that you didn't start talking more after I made a post about it and you seemed to agree.
If we're both villagers, we're going to have to convince each other of that fact, and the only way to do that is by talking.

Snips has a bad record, the worst along with Bsam. But he hasn't seemed to vote in a suspicious way. He's voted repeatedly for you, which makes it reasonable for you to have voted for him if you're a villager or if you're a vampire. But that wasn't the reason you gave. That second day of voting on Fermun is one reason that I suspect you: You appear to be trying to deflect the vote away from Fermun and onto Bondfiction, a villager.

You haven't stated what is "vampiric" about my logic in choosing to vote now. I believed as a villager that it was best not to vote when we had no information and there were still other options. Now those facts have changed and I think we should stake someone. I chose you, but I can still be persuaded otherwise since I acknowledged that I was working with little information.

88FingersLouie
Sucks at High Fiving

Back to Abnormal

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2012, 05:29 pm »

From his bad voting record and suspicious flip flopping without reason, give me a bad feeling about snips

Stake snips!

Your mother is so fat, she couldn't fit on a FAT32 file system. We solved the problem by upgrading to a more modern format, but sadly it's acronym does not lend itself to this joke.
Lukeington
boner owner

If at first you don't succeed, try power tools.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2012, 05:40 pm »

you've split the vote and stakes no one. congrats vamps.
jimbob
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

Armadillidium vulgare

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2012, 06:17 pm »

It's Remington. I stake my reputation on it.

You seem pretty sure about that. Is there anything you aren't telling us?

Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Vice Douchelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2012, 06:20 pm »

I don't expect you to vote for yourself. But I was a little surprised that you didn't start talking more after I made a post about it and you seemed to agree.

I don't remember what happened that day.  I think I went out to breakfast with Karen and then spent the rest of the day away from the computer.

Snips has a bad record, the worst along with Bsam. But he hasn't seemed to vote in a suspicious way. He's voted repeatedly for you, which makes it reasonable for you to have voted for him if you're a villager or if you're a vampire. But that wasn't the reason you gave.

To be fair, "Snips voted for me, let's stake him" is a poor reason for others to want to stake someone, so I didn't want to just come out and say that.  But it is part of the reason.  Were I to guess, I'd say he was converted the night after Kybard got staked.  And if it came down to it I would vote for Snips over you.  If he's a villager, there's no way he has more information than anybody, and he's been oddly insistent on staking me.

That second day of voting on Fermun is one reason that I suspect you: You appear to be trying to deflect the vote away from Fermun and onto Bondfiction, a villager.

Fair enough, I can't really dispute that.  Whether you'll believe me or not I gave my reason for picking Bondfiction when I voted for him.  Seemed as stake-worthy as anybody and he already had a few votes the previous round, so I figured why not.

You haven't stated what is "vampiric" about my logic in choosing to vote now.

I honestly don't think that choosing to vote now is vamp-like behavior.  Choosing not to vote for the majority of the game is what strikes me as off, but I'm starting to see your logic... still, you choosing not to vote for the majority of the game and then voting for me alongside someone I suspect to be a vampire makes me pretty suspicious.  I think that's understandable.

jimbob
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

Armadillidium vulgare

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2012, 06:41 pm »

If he's a villager, there's no way he has more information than anybody, and he's been oddly insistent on staking me.

If he's a villager, he might suddenly be oddly insistent on staking you because you failed to convert him.

If he's a vampire and you're a villager, I can't see any reason for him to be insisting on staking you every morning before anyone else votes. It doesn't look like you've been a particular danger to the vampires, and he's not reacting to anything in the thread, he's just coming straight out with it.

I was hoping this would end up with Subbero having to either put you at risk of staking or risk being staked himself, and that would tell us if my guess about you being the Master was correct. Didn't work out though.

SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Wenjadanlawaleiya

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2012, 06:47 pm »

Game mechanics reminder: on a failed conversion the attempted victim is not informed of who their assailant is.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length