Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 04:11 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Resistance 4: CRIME EDITION
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Resistance 4: CRIME EDITION  (Read 51431 times)
dustbuster
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2011, 01:43 am »

Contents
The Rules
Introduction
Game start
Round 1
Card distribution
Proposal 1.1
- voting results
The Great Burger Farm Heist
- outcome
Round 2
Card distribution
Proposal 2.1
- voting result
Proposal 2.2
- voting results
Operation Pigs in Blankets
- outcome
Round 3
Card distribution
Proposal 3.1
- voting results
Mission 3 outcome
Round 4
Proposal 4.1 / card distribution
- voting results
Proposal 4.2
- voting results

---

This time around I would like to introduce plot cards into the game.  At the beginning of each round the leader will be given three cards to distribute among the gang as he pleases.  These cards have a variety of effects, most being designed to help the rebel team root out the spies. However, clever spies will figure out ways to use them to their advantage.  Overall the plot cards make the game deeper and more balanced without overcomplicating things, so I think you guys will enjoy playing with them.

Also, we're about due for a re-theme so this Resistance game will be about CRIME.  The players will form a gang of criminals attempting a series of heists, capers, and other misdeeds.  Of course the "spies" in this case are a team of undercover cops working to foil their nefarious plots.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:47 am by dustbuster » Logged
oball
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:44 am »

Sign me up for crime

BUTTS FOR THE BUTT GOD
Doctor Kill
Unicorn Cavalcade
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 01:48 am »

I would like to try this thing.
Finlander
Captain Obvious

I am become Walrus, destroyer of goo goo ga joob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 02:03 am »

I am king of all crimes.

20:50   soberpiano   i guess i could sort of see the distinction if i choked myself until i could no longer understand the significance of language
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:20 am »

Yes and yes.
drunkpiano
Je m'appelle
Technocratic Libertarian

Hurry up, Tommy, before zee Germans get here.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 02:21 am »

I will crime.

DoctorShenanigans

DEFINITELY Not Qualified To Practice Medicine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 02:48 am »

I have desired to try Resistance for a while now, and I would be happy to attempt to cobble together a narrative.  It might not have the hoighty-toighty artistic stylings of Steelfan's, but I would do it with a lot of heart.

I am a mobile game designer, check out my NEW PORTFOLIO!
dustbuster
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 02:54 am »

Mission write-ups would have to be done by a neutral third party.  They aren't necessary at all, though, so if you want to play you should just play.

By the way I'm looking for 10 players this time.  There are currently 4 slots left.
DoctorShenanigans

DEFINITELY Not Qualified To Practice Medicine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 02:56 am »

In that case, I'll vacate my player spot and fully commit to the mission write-ups.

I am a mobile game designer, check out my NEW PORTFOLIO!
TheDarkFlame
Uselessness Personified
Fart Wizard

Go on. Touch it. You know you want to.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 03:51 am »

This sounds awesome. Count me in.

Rolling all the ones, forever.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 04:19 am »

butts

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Contextually Post-black Pop-star Rapper

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 06:51 am »

I will crime all over this bitch.
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 08:07 am »

Put me in, coach.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Kybard
society's stared-at man
Mod

HOW ARE YOU

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 10:42 am »

I will crime the hell out of these crimes

but it's not so great when you consider that it's coming from an alive lady
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 11:08 am »

As my first act as president, I motion that we change "CRIME EDITION" to "CRIME TIME".  All in favor, say 'aye'.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 11:12 am »

TheDarkFlame
Uselessness Personified
Fart Wizard

Go on. Touch it. You know you want to.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 12:26 pm »

Rolling all the ones, forever.
dustbuster
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 02:12 pm »

Overview

The Resistance is a party game in a similar vein with Mafia/Werewolf.  The players make up a rebel group working to overthrow the (presumably evil) Empire.  However, among their number are Imperial spies that seek to thwart the efforts of the Resistance.

Players are either Resistance members, unaware of each others' loyalties, or Imperial spies, the informed minority.  The goal of the Resistance is to execute a series of increasingly difficult missions, and the goal of the Empire is to sabotage their plans.

Setup

At the start of the game players are secretly assigned roles and a Leader is selected randomly.  

Players:   5  6  7  8  9  10
  Rebels:   3  4  4  5  6  6
  Spies:    2  2  3  3  3  4

The Plan

The current Leader must assemble a team to perform the next mission.  The required team size varies based on the total number of players and the mission target.  The Leader may include himself on the team but he isn't required to.

Players:    5  6  7  8  9  10
  Target A:  2  2  2  3  3  3
  Target B:  3  3  3  4  4  4
  Target C:  2  4  3  4  4  4
  Target D:  3  3  4* 5* 5* 5*
  Target E:  3  4  4  5  5  5

*requires two acts of sabotage to fail

The Leader has 24 hours to make make his nominations and submit them as a proposal.  Once a formal proposal is made it cannot be changed.

Targeting variant: Rather than having to complete the missions in the preset order, the Leader may choose from the available targets.  He may not choose a target that has already been attempted, nor the target that has been designated as the final mission (target E).

The Vote

The Leader's proposal is then put to a yes/no vote.  Players will have 24 hours to PM their votes to me.  When voting is finished I will announce the results and reveal how each player voted.

If the plan is accepted, the mission team proceeds as ordered.  If it is rejected, Leadership passes to the next player in line and he has 24 hours to submit a new proposal.

The Mission

The selected team then decides the fate of the mission.  Rebel operatives must SUPPORT the mission, but Imperial spies may choose to either SUPPORT or SABOTAGE.  All team members must PM me their actions within 24 hours.

Once I've received the player actions I will reveal the outcome of the mission.

If there are no acts of sabotage, the mission succeeds and the Resistance scores a point.  If there is at least one act of sabotage, the mission fails and the Empire scores a point.  You will not learn the identity of the saboteur(s), but you will know how many acts of sabotage occurred.

After the mission - regardless of the outcome - Leadership passes to the next player in line and a new Round commences.  The first team to score 3 points wins the game.

Plot Cards (variant)

At the beginning of each Round, the Leader draws a number of plot cards (one in a 5-6 player game, two in a 7-8 player game, three in a 9-10 player game) to distribute to the other players (not himself).  Only the first Leader for each Round draws new cards.

There are three types of plot cards: immediate, one-time, and permanent.  Immediate cards take effect instantly.  One-time cards are held until the owner decides to use them.  Permanent cards remain in play for the entire game.

Overheard Conversation (immediate) - The player who receives this card learns the allegiance of a player directly above or below them on the player list.

Opinion Maker (permanent)
- The player with this card must vote publicly before anyone else.  This card remains in effect until the end of the game.

Establish Confidence (immediate)
- The Leader must reveal their allegiance to a player of their choice.

Open Up (immediate)
- The player who receives this card must reveal their allegiance to a player of their choice.

No Confidence (one-time) - The player with this card may use it to veto an approved proposal.  Use of this card counts as a failed vote.

Keeping a Close Eye On You (one-time) - The player with this card may use it to examine a played mission card (support/sabotage action).  If multiple players use this card in a single round they may not check the same player's mission card.

Strong Leader (one-time) - The player with this card may use it to become the Leader.  This card must be used before the current Leader takes any actions (draws plot cards or makes a proposal).  When a "Strong Leader" is played, another "Strong Leader" may not be played until after the next vote.

In the Spotlight (one-time) - The player with this card may use it to force a player to play their mission card (support/sabotage action) publicly.  The player with this card must declare its use prior to any player on the mission team selecting their mission card.

Take Responsibility (immediate) - The player who receives this card must take a plot card of their choice from any other player.

Misc. Rules

All game-related discussion must occur within this forum thread.  That means no PMs, IRC, phone calls, etc.

If five consecutive proposals are rejected the spies automatically win the game.  Keep in mind that use of the No Confidence plot card counts as a rejection.

Vote and mission PMs should include all the relevant information in the subject line.  "Proposal 2.1 - AGAINST", and "Mission 2 - SUPPORT" are examples of proper subject lines.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:09 am by dustbuster » Logged
dustbuster
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 04:16 pm »

Oh hey that's 10 people isn't it?  We'll get started soonish then.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 04:32 pm »

I really hope I am a good bad guy again this time so that I can once more ruin everything by overthinking it.

EDITED because this time...

*puts on shades*

Bad... is good.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:04 pm by SteelFan714 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length