Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2017, 01:45 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  The Resistance 2: Witty Subtitle
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: The Resistance 2: Witty Subtitle  (Read 27972 times)
dustbuster
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2011, 01:38 am »

Sign up here if you'd like to participate in the second Resistance game.  Fiction, BSam, SteelFan, Lukeington, Kybard, and Lee have claimed spots already, so we've got room for 4 more players.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out my introduction in the original thread.

This time around we'll be playing a slightly more complex variant:  Instead of attempting the five missions in the predetermined order, the leader chooses the next target as well as the mission team.  I'll go into more detail about this at the start of the game.

Mid-Boss
Boss Before the Big One
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:31 am »

I win this silly game.
Mid-Boss
Boss Before the Big One
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 01:47 am »

Oh wait, I have to play first, don't I?

I'm just so used to winning everything ever.
dustbuster
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 03:20 am »

Assignments sent!  There are 4 Rebels and 3 Spies.

Instead of attempting missions in a predetermined order, you will get to choose a target each round.  The available targets (along with team requirements) are as follows:

Missions
Target A-2
Target B-3
Target C-3
Target D-4*
Target E-4**
*Two sabotages required to foil mission
**Must successfully complete two other missions before attempting

Leader Succession
Fiction
Lukeington
Lee
Mid-Boss
BSam
Kybard
SteelFan

Fiction is the first leader and has until 11:00PM EST tomorrow (~43 hours from now) to submit a formal mission proposal.  The proposal must include the following:
  • The target (A, B, C, or D)
  • The mission team
  • A codename for the operation
  • An objective (i.e. "raid an Imperial convoy")

The rest of the rules are just as before.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 06:05 pm »

Judging by last game, it's safe to assume that SteelFan is all the spies.
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 06:07 pm »

Judging by last game, it's safe to assume that SteelFan ate all the pies.

I agree!
Fiction
I'M GONE STING
Posthulhu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 06:12 pm »

So, I'm thinking we start off with a simple 2-person mission so that we can quickly root out possible spies. I will be going as I myself am not a spy, but who should I choose to go with me? If you do not suggest a person you will be put under suspicion as a spy.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 06:21 pm »

steelfan is hella spy, take that fat dude
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 07:51 pm »

I suggest you take BSam, because he made a funny joke.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
Mid-Boss
Boss Before the Big One
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 02:02 am »

Lukeington's zeal in sowing distrust in our group warms my heart. I think you should take him.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 04:58 am »

Ii've got a hot date that night, don't make me cancel.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Contextually Post-black Pop-star Rapper

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 06:43 am »

Fiction, MidBoss and Luke are clearly the spies. I think you should send me, Lee and Kybard. I also think we should do the three-person missions first and save the ones where the team needs to be half-spy to fail for last. Those missions are the ones most in our favor, and it would be silly to waste them when we are taking a blind stab. While a three-person mission is more likely to fail than a two-person mission, in the long run it's best of five and I think that's the way to go.

Plus, since it's all just guessing, a three-person mission also increases the chances of two spies going which, on a mission where only one is needed, is not good for the spies (I speak from experience.) Either you roll the dice completely and risk allowing a mission with two spies to fail or reveal too much by double-sabotaging a single-sabotage mission, or you risk people finding the hidden meaning in your talk if you decide to try to send a message (unless they are all horribly incompetent. *cough*)
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 07:17 am »

I think...

I agree with fatty, Fiction is obviously a spy, and whoever he brings on his first two agent mission will no doubt be cast into doubt when he sabotages his own mission.
Not to mention whoever suggests them will also be suspicious. It's all part of his plan.

But steelfan is obviously a spy also, so now I don't know what to think!
Fiction
I'M GONE STING
Posthulhu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 08:26 am »

Steelfan is obviamusly a spy.

edit: no but really steelfan is definitely a spy. i have no idea why he would pick those people to go on the first round.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 10:37 am »

I didn't pick you to go on you missions, I picked you to be spies so the opposite. Though, honestly, MidBoss may not be, it just seemed off to only name two of three.

You and Luke, though? Way spies.
Kybard
society's stared-at man
Mod

HOW ARE YOU

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 12:18 pm »

he may be a spy, but what SteelFan says about the advantage of starting with the three-person mission makes sense to me.

if you're set on two people, though, take SteelFan.

but it's not so great when you consider that it's coming from an alive lady
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 12:51 pm »

Just to be clear, while normally I think you would have to see a mission before coming to any judgments, I will be voting no on anything with Fiction or Luke in it, even if I am too, until I see a reason to think they aren't spies. I am not opposed to changing my mind as more evidence comes up, but Luke asking not to go on the mission reeks to high heaven.

Any rebel wants to be on every mission, because at the end of the day they're the only person they know isn't a spy. The only reason I could see for Luke to try to get off a mission where Fiction has announced he will be the first team member is that he knows there is already going to be a spy, Fiction, and they would be forced into either trying a risky clue drop to the other guy in the thread, or conceding the mission, as attempting to sabotage then seeing the other guy did too leaves no ambiguity, everyone would know they are two of the three spies and the game would basically be over before it began.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 01:53 pm »

All I agree with is that we should save the 2 person mission for later, because as Steelfan says it is the best opportunity we have to guarantee a successful mission.

Fiction
I'M GONE STING
Posthulhu

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 02:03 pm »

Welp, that's all three of Steelfan's choices agreeing to put off my proposal. Any other opinions?
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 02:46 pm »

Men should not wear skinny jeans.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length