Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 11:06 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Science! and Sports
| | |-+  FOOTIE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36 Print
Author Topic: FOOTIE  (Read 121854 times)
Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 08:32 am »

Not a good time to lose one's habit of looking both ways before crossing the street!

ha!

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
Melancholic Goat
space goat coast to coast
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 08:48 am »

So apparently Terry's going to visit the guy in hospital. What's the bet he trips over someone's life support machine cable, yanking it out of the wall, in the process knocking over a trolley full of scalpels and thus decapitating a child cancer patient?

24/7 never beggin on a rain check
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 09:19 am »

i have a fiver on just that happening at William Hill.
raknade
Buddy Friend Pal

Move along there there there that's that

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 05:54 pm »

Commentator on Match of the Day, on Hull v Portsmouth: "It's all gone Archbishop Desmond... 2-2".
Melancholic Goat
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 05:01 am »

My hometown club looks likely to get wound up.

This is pretty sad. It's hard to feel sympathy for clubs like Leeds or Portsmouth (significantly easier to feel sorry for the supporters), where sustainable but competitive spending could easily have been achieved if the board's eyes weren't bigger than their stomach. But for a little club like Forest Green, there's no question of spending beyond their means, it's just the means have all dried up. Nailsworth is a small town and the surrounding towns and villages aren't any bigger, and with the majority of the population unemployed or working low-paying jobs, recent financial troubles mean the turnstiles just aren't turning anymore.

Without someone just straight-up giving them the money, I can't see how they'll get together the 100 000 they need for wages, let alone the other 200 000 their creditors want.

Here you go, Terry, a chance to do a bit of good PR work for yourself. Hand over a week's wages and I'll take back (almost) everything bad I said about you.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:06 am by Melancholic Goat » Logged

Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 04:56 pm »

Go derby!

i came up in this world so cold. that's why my heart's on froze
Melancholic Goat
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 06:16 pm »

DERBY DERBY DERBY

OI OI OI

DERBY

OI

DERBY

OI

DERBY DERBY DERBY

OI OI OI

Melancholic Goat
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 04:02 am »

Double post for two reasons.

#1, from Chris Charles' review of the week: "Mourinho hit the headlines, Eto'o hit the winner and John Terry hit a pedestrian as Chelsea's bid for Champions League glory ended in failure yet again."

Brilliant.

#2: Avram Grant has again claimed that "the wrong decision was made" against Portsmouth in docking them nine points for going into administration. Is the man an idiot? Is he not aware of Premier League rules? Or does he somehow think that spending way beyond your means to win trophies is fine and if it backfires they should be bailed out, no questions asked? I mean the guy wasn't even involed in setting Pompey up for their current fall, but he acts like it's a personal slight against him and his family.

Otis P Jivefunk
Internet Person

Beards 1 - 0 Shaving

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 06:25 pm »

I think Grant's complaints are harmless chunterings to please Pompey fans - he must know the rules even if he doesn't agree with them.  No one is really going to pay much attention to him about this, but it seems to make him feel better.

Of far greater recent interest is P.Diddy's rumoured connection to bankrupt Crystal Palace.  I hope to the dickens that he buys that club because  I can't see it being anything other than entertaining.

OP Jivefunk c Richardson b Marshall 0
oball
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 06:27 pm »

Would he rename it Cristal Palace?

BUTTS FOR THE BUTT GOD
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 08:30 am »

He would rename them the Crystal Palace Puff Diddies and they would play entirely in bling.
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 11:41 am »

Also, in other news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8582320.stm

Newcastle be fucking crazy, yo.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Contextually Post-black Pop-star Rapper

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 04:38 pm »

Well, Wolves are looking pretty good to stay up now. Getting very close to being three-horses racing to stay out of two spots with the Hammers, Hull and Burnley.
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 04:54 pm »

I think I predicted Hull, Burnley and Portsmouth to go down, back when we were doing our start of the season predictions.

So that will happen.
Vlad
A Fake Punk With Fake Attitude and Fake Grit

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 11:27 am »

My World Cup 23:

Goalies:
Paul Robinson
Robert Green
Joe Hart

Defenders:
Rio Ferdinand
John Terry
Ryan Shawcross
Wes Brown
Ashley Cole
Joleon Lescott
Leighton Baines

Midfielders:
Steven Gerrard
Frank Lampard
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Aaron Lennon
Ashley Young
Gareth Barry
Theo Walcott
Matthew Etherington (Realistically this won't happen, so Joe Cole)

Attackers
Wayne Rooney
Peter Crouch
Jermain Defoe
Darren Bent
Gabriel Agbonlahor

As for who I think will get relegated: Pompey, Hull and Burnley/West Ham.
Tim
Potential Friend

You like Tim

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 09:28 pm »

Gale, I assumed you were bullshitting so I went through the thread and found your prediction (you were banned for the first 17 pages so it took a while to get to). Most of it is really accurate:
Man U or Chelsea for the title, Liverpool havent got a sniff.. no depth, a great first team (a little less great now alonso has gone) but no one to step in when Gerrard and/or Torres arent fit/available to actually win games. Manchester will play duller football and Chelsea will probably be better but mess it up somewhere near the end and Mancs take it.

Man City will do a lot better, but in the sense they actually win a game away from home now and again, I expect a lot of uneven games and bizzare results. End up in the UEFA cup spot sort of area, but just. Bought some good players, but not many world class people which will get them fifth (or higher!) like some are predicting.

Top 4 to stay the top 4 yet again.

5th will be fought out between Villa, Everton and maybe Spurs. I was going to back Spurs for a suprise revival this season under Redknapp, but then there biggest signing was Crouch so I am cooling off on being that bold, but maybe.

Burnley definitely to go down, probably Hull and Portsmouth as well. I could see Wolves surviving, not a great team but Stoke has shown us if you've got a bit of pace and can make your home a fortress thats all it takes to stay up.

Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 12:09 am »

I am a predicting (and being banned) machine.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Contextually Post-black Pop-star Rapper

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 12:18 am »

You are the best at banned, that's for sure.

Well, other than fermun.
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 12:21 am »

I am also a love machine.

(I wont work for nobody but you.)
Tim
Potential Friend

You like Tim