Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 12:12 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Let's Play Fallout: New Vegas! The Second Coming. (Bandwidth killing pictures)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Let's Play Fallout: New Vegas! The Second Coming. (Bandwidth killing pictures)  (Read 18357 times)
Joseph Nistal
Fraud Alert
Admin

Bounce

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2011, 06:36 am »

Let's see what we can do.

Chapters List:
Chapter 1: "Deja Who? Never heard of him."
Part 1: Let the naming begin.
Part 2: Ola Mr. Cage.
Part 3: Tell me about your mother.
Part 4: A whole new world.

Chapter 2: Whadd'ya mean this isn't Kansas?
Part 1: Best foot forward.
Part 2: Welcome to Goodsprings! We hope you like pictures, lots and lots of pictures.
Part 3: Exposition and Motorcycle Maintenence.
Part 4: Onward and Upward. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Chapter 3: The secret of the hats.
Part 1: Jailhouse Shock.
Part 2: Welcome to new Vegas... Kind of.
Part 3: My Name is Nicolas Cage, Welcome to Pain Part 1, Part 2
Part 4: Revenge and A Town Called Primm
Part 5: Voices in Your Head Part 1
Part 6: Raul actually uses his gun

Chapter 4: A New Diversion!
Part 1: Nipt-on the bud.
Part 2: Novac Gets a Vac Back
Part 3: MONTAAAAGE!
Part ?: ????????

All stories begin with a cinematic. Because what's the use if there's no teaser to show you all the cool stuff you can't have yet?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNOKTrF3gpc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNOKTrF3gpc</a>

Chapter 1: "Deja Who? Never heard of him."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:06 am by Joseph Nistal » Logged

Matt
Fart Wizard

Quoth the raven, `Hmmm.'

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:00 am »

Nicolas Cage! In both name and look.

DiegoInglewood
I Feel Like Fabo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:57 am »

Name him Domingo Macintosh, and make him look like exactly how you'd picture an Irish-Mexican pollero

BondFiction is right

17:59   Illiterati   a diaper with holes defeats the purpose of wearing a diaper in the first place, but a man's gotta fuck
Joseph Nistal
Fraud Alert
Admin

Bounce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 10:21 pm »

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:18 pm by Joseph Nistal » Logged

Matt
Fart Wizard

Quoth the raven, `Hmmm.'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 08:53 am »

Ehehe, he kinda does look like a mexican Nicolas Cage. Isn't it 40 points to spend?
Str 4
Per 5
End 7
Char 7
Int 5
Agi 4
Luck 8

Anyway, Cage isn't very often the strong, fast guy, but more the smooth, enduring, lucky guy. Basically him from Face/Off when he was playing the Castor Troy, or him in Bad Lieutenant is my ideal image of Cage.

Joseph Nistal
Fraud Alert
Admin

Bounce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 09:43 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Also, we can choose up to two traits, Wild Wasteland is essentially a given, but anything else?

As an aside, I'm rushing through the creation not only because it's slow and kind of arbitrary but also because I'm on annual leave for the next few days and want to get it over and done with before I can start a bi or tri-weekly update schedule.

Suggestions open for 24 hours.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:18 pm by Joseph Nistal » Logged

DiegoInglewood
I Feel Like Fabo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 10:30 pm »

Well, as we know, Nicolas Cage has quite the way with words, so Speech should be one of his top skills.

I believe he should also be proficient in Science, so he can do things like shoot Tony Todd with a rocket.

And then up his Unarmed skill, because he is great at punching.

As for Cage's second trait, I'm going with Loose Cannon. Because who is more of a loose cannon than Nicolas Cage?

BondFiction is right

17:59   Illiterati   a diaper with holes defeats the purpose of wearing a diaper in the first place, but a man's gotta fuck
Matt
Fart Wizard

Quoth the raven, `Hmmm.'

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 11:15 pm »

I agree with BondFiction for all but Science which I think should be swapped with Medicine because Mr. Cage is proficient in DRUGS... and he is Mexican.

Gitro
Sucks at High Fiving

Feminazi Manhater

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 03:01 am »

You use Science to make drugs, not Medicine.

I agree with Bond. I'm also throwing in a pre-emptive vote for Lady Killer as our first proper Perk.

Australia has a serious gap in its defence against timber refugee boats because over-the-horizon radar can't pick them up and current ship and aircraft radars have limited range.
Matt
Fart Wizard

Quoth the raven, `Hmmm.'

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 04:55 am »

You use Science to make drugs, not Medicine.

I agree with Bond. I'm also throwing in a pre-emptive vote for Lady Killer as our first proper Perk.

Who said anything about making drugs? We're using drugs and medicine helps with that.

Joseph Nistal
Fraud Alert
Admin

Bounce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 10:08 pm »

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:19 pm by Joseph Nistal » Logged

Joseph Nistal
Fraud Alert
Admin

Bounce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 10:33 pm »

Chapter 2: Whadd'ya mean this isn't Kansas?

(click to show/hide)

We've  finally made it outside and hit our first few choices as well as a couple of big ones.

Firstly, weapon preferences. Using this list, you need to pick the top 4 types of weapons Nicolas Cage will be using. Unarmed should definitely be first but what other three types should Cage be focusing on collecting and using?

Second, behavior. I'm generally going to be making choices that fit the character or otherwise any of the unique choices we get from our skills. But what sort of guy is Cage in general? Will he be good or evil? Will he use magazines and drugs recreationally, when he needs them or will he use them at all?

Third, direction. Right now we have the choice to head over to the saloon, talk to the robot or check out the rest of Goodsprings first. What would you like to do.

Finally, feedback. Even though it's early days, I'd really appreciate any feedback about the LP so far. Am I updating too quickly? Too slowly? Am I using too many or too few screenshots? Is there any type screenshot I'm missing? Should I stick to just screenshots and decriptions and stop trying to be funny?

After the next update I'll be back at work so while I might try for daily updates it'll likely be more of a 3 updates a week kind of deal. This way you have a little longer to get suggestions in and I have more time to get screenshots and updates up without it being too draining.

You've got another 24 hours or so to get your suggestions in.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:20 pm by Joseph Nistal » Logged

Captain Bravo
Captain Obvious

Mercenary Prostitute

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 11:06 pm »

I vote, in this order:

Unarmed
Melee
Explosives
Energy Weapons

Keep some punchy things around for his go-to option, (How soon can you get a ballistic fist?) level up melee and explosives in the meantime for throwing weapons and grenades, and whenever you've got some skill points to spare, pump him up in energy weapons for a gauss rifle and/or tesla cannon. (I.E. The Nuclear Option)
Joseph Nistal
Fraud Alert
Admin

Bounce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 11:24 pm »

Ballistic fist is out of the question until much later since only Caesars elite guards are equipped with them. Pushy would generally be what we're aiming for but this isn't a matter of finding the best item, more of a matter of which types of weapons do I keep on hand and focus my skills on.

Did you have any suggestions for behaviour and direction or any feedback so far?

When it comes to levels, because I can't save and leave the game until I pick some stats I'll be going by what your suggestions are instead. Perks may pose a bit more of a problem since I won't be able to tell what's elligible until the screen comes up. So while I'll be going for perks based on behaviour and skill selections so far, I'm open to early suggestions as well.

Matt
Fart Wizard

Quoth the raven, `Hmmm.'

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 12:59 am »

Unarmed
Pistols (I would guess more than less of Cage's movies involve him having a pistol)
Explosives
SMGs

Behaviour wise, basically I want to see Nick Cage as the corrupt, drugged-out-of-his-mind badass we want to see. Not to mean that he should be evil, just a pleasure whore and spontaneous. He should be addicted to everything under the sun and on a constant hunt for more, becoming violent whenever he doesn't get his fix.

Direction: Check out around Goodsprings first.

I'm enjoying how you're doing this so far. I like the comments and comedy. It helps bring something extra to the dialogue. I think we should take the lady killer perk next selection.

Gitro
Sucks at High Fiving

Feminazi Manhater

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 03:22 am »

Unarmed
Melee (Most of the good close combat perks need melee and unarmed, right?)
Explosives (Mostly grenades, mines and dynamite)
Pistols and/or SMGs

I agree with Matt for everything else. Drugged out Cage, and let's look around Goodsprings for now.

I didn't think Medicine mattered for anything but (Super) Stimpacks, Radaway and other healing things.

Australia has a serious gap in its defence against timber refugee boats because over-the-horizon radar can't pick them up and current ship and aircraft radars have limited range.
Joseph Nistal
Fraud Alert
Admin

Bounce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 06:52 am »

Melee and Unarmed each offer unique combat moves in VATS and a couple of special perks for each of them. Unarmed gets a few extra moves out of VATS as well. They don't really cross over though.

The only way Medicine really would have been in character later is for the Chem Resistant and Chemist perks. But without those it just means we'll get addicted easier and we're going to need a lot more drugs to stave off said addiction.

You all seem to be unanimous on exploring Goodsprings first, so I might put out a small update tonight.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:01 am by Joseph Nistal » Logged

Joseph Nistal
Fraud Alert
Admin

Bounce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 10:59 am »

(click to show/hide)

Next up, I'll be chatting with Victor and those people over in the saloon. I'm still open to suggestions about behavior, weapon preferences, skills and perks. And as always, feedback is really appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:20 pm by Joseph Nistal » Logged

Fiction
I'M GONE STING
Posthulhu

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 11:58 am »

It's good so far, except you're taking way too many pictures. It's kind of clogging up the thread and making it almost unreadable.
Joseph Nistal
Fraud Alert
Admin

Bounce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 08:52 pm »

Would putting each part in spoiler tags help? It should still load the pictures but you won't have to deal with massive scrolling sessions just to get to where you want to go.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length