Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 11:27 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Dragon Mountain Minecraft Server
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Mountain Minecraft Server  (Read 34422 times)
Driscoll
Admin

Huge Cowardly Nerd Shitball

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2010, 06:32 pm »

Hey, I have an extra server to play with. So of course, I set up Minecraft on it. Here's the ip:

I spawned a bunch of worlds until I found one I liked. This one looks like it has some pretty epic caves to the south of the spawn point. (The sun rises in the east, you can figure out which direction south is based on how the sun is moving)

Let me know how things run for you, and if there are any mods I should use (that aren't stupid).

UPDATE: Some cool links to stuff:

The current server status:
http://75.127.97.197/

And the latest rendering of the whole map, update every few hours.
http://75.127.97.197/servers/DragonMountain/maps/latest.png
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:47 am by Driscoll » Logged
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 07:44 pm »

HMMMMMMMM

Oh my god it's full of trees
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:49 pm by Remington Lonespear » Logged

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
tomroadrunner
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 07:48 pm »

It looks pretty swell. It was pretty lonely while I was there though. As far as mods go, I prefer to skip them, since part of the fun is finding all of your own junk, but it might be useful to give the ability to spawn in some (non-destructive)things that aren't available in SMP, like cloth or whatnot. Maybe just give the ability to like 3 or 4 people, so that we don't end up with giant yellow sponge towers all over the place. But I'm just as fine without spawning as well.

It would be cool to have a sort of "official server texture pack", so that we are all on the same page. With all the different packs out there, what might look awesome to one person might look terrible to another. It wouldn't have to be anything that is enforced, but maybe just have a little note in the log-in information that says, "hey, most of us on the server use this pack, so you should get it too if you want to see what we see", or something.
rawrsaurus_rex
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 10:02 pm »

Visitors should be sure to check out the Abe Lincoln Assassination Balconies.  Fancy stuff!
Driscoll
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 11:49 pm »

Yeah, were are gonna have to make a clear path from the spawn area to the cool area. Perhaps a trail of crumbs / torches.
tomroadrunner
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 12:38 am »

ATTN: Everyone

There's an area very near the spawn that has some rather large naturally occurring trees. Please leave them be if possible. It's really pretty.

Let's try not to abuse this map too much. I've been on certain other servers that turned into a bit of a cluster fudge pretty fast.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 03:13 am »

If you log in tomorrow and wonder, "Which of you handsome guys built the lava ceiling in the temple of doom?", the answer is it was me.  Enjoy the doominess.  I did my best to even off the lava on both sides of the shrine, it was really low on the left and very high on the right.

I made a few changes to the side balconies, adding glass walls to part of them so that you can view the portals to hell and also added a lava feature to each one.

The storage and forge area is basically complete and is located to the rear of the temple.  There's a good amount of supplies there so far, but is lacking in ores, ingots, coal, and wood.  It is marked by a sign and an obsidian path.  The last thing I need to complete it is to build a still water spring area.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:40 am by Remington Lonespear » Logged

Driscoll
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 04:15 am »

I'm not sure about multiplayer, but I know that single player, you can get infinite water springs. If you have a 3 block wide reservoir, and drop water springs on each end, the middle fills in with a water spring. So you only need two buckets of water to populate a whole pond.
Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 07:15 am »

I may or may not make a 1000 by 1000 forest

and then set it on fire

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
tomroadrunner
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 11:43 am »

This would be a good thing
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 02:59 pm »

I played this and I got lost!

Fiction
I'M GONE STING
Posthulhu

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 03:25 pm »

There really is a problem with some of the blocks respawning for no reason. I was trying to make a redstone trail to the bunker and it ate about half of the redstone I tried to place. You also can't mine out certain areas.
Nedroid
Presented by Louis Vuitton
Buddy Friend Pal

Astronaut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 03:38 pm »

A certain radius around the spawn point is unchangeable except by server admins, so anything you change there will immediately disappear.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 03:55 pm »

I'm not sure about multiplayer, but I know that single player, you can get infinite water springs. If you have a 3 block wide reservoir, and drop water springs on each end, the middle fills in with a water spring. So you only need two buckets of water to populate a whole pond.

That is what I planned to do.  Just a few little infinite water springs, to help in our underground farming efforts and to pretty up our forge area.

A certain radius around the spawn point is unchangeable except by server admins, so anything you change there will immediately disappear.

Yes, such is the curse of our accidentally finding an underground cave system that led directly back to be almost directly below the spawn point.  We dug too deep, too greedily.

Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 09:38 pm »

The water feature is done in the forge, and there is a tree farm up and running at the rear of the sanctuary.

Driscoll
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 07:58 am »

I made a script that reads the server logs and says who's online, etc. It's not exactly the programming project of the century, but I think it's neat.

http://75.127.97.197/
tomroadrunner
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 03:20 pm »

Wow, that actually is pretty interesting. Sometimes I'm in the mood where I prefer to have other people around to chat with, but at other times I just want to quietly build. This little thing helps with that.
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 09:22 am »

My retarded tower thing is nearing completion, all I need to do to finish Phase One is to keep blasting out a ravine below it and finish the B2 level.

Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 12:43 pm »

I just found a huge fucking forest.  It's like the Great Valley from Land Before Time.

tomroadrunner
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 01:12 pm »

I'm going to go find a tree star!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length