Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2017, 02:59 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Food
| | |-+  Earlier this evening
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Earlier this evening  (Read 88310 times)
The Iron Colonel
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 05:22 pm »

Earlier this evening, I had beef bone marrow on toast. I find it hard to believe that a civilized society allows such a delicacy to go to waste on a regular basis.
Schroeder
Fart Master

Where's the butter? Put butter on what I said!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 10:34 pm »

YES! That is one of many reasons why I am friends with my butcher.

Earlier this evening, I made a spaghetti bolognaise with ground brisket and saffron. It was like sex on a plate that also had spaghetti on it.

Nicol• schroeder is to chess as gitro is to tribes
Otis P Jivefunk
Internet Person

Beards 1 - 0 Shaving

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 03:45 am »

I made a massive bolognese for lots of people this weekend.  It was jolly tasty and I have a secret to make it so.  Aside form cooking it for fucking ages, when you've got the tomatoes in and it's simmering away nicely, with about twenty minutes to go, put a sachet of this in.

For some reason, powdered French Onion soup gives bolognese a level of deliciousness that other lesser bologneses can only dream about.

I don't know if Ainsley Harriott's onion soup is better than others, but this is the only one my local Sainos stocks.

OP Jivefunk c Richardson b Marshall 0
Schroeder
Fart Master

Where's the butter? Put butter on what I said!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 07:19 am »

You know, I use onion soup mix in quite a lot of things that I cook (specifically Lipton's) but for some reason I never thought to put it in my spag bol. I might try a couple pouches of onion-mushroom in my next go-round. Do you use it in addition to actual onions in the sauce, or as a substitute?

My sauce secret weapon has always been bay leaves and saffron, and in addition to the regular canned, peeled tomatoes, I usually drop in a half-pound of grape tomatoes in the very last few minutes of simmer time.

Nicol• schroeder is to chess as gitro is to tribes
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 11:37 am »

My spagbol secret ingredient is pepperonis. So many pepperonis.

if loving me is wrong, everybody is right
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 02:00 pm »

My secret ingredient is the spaghetti bolognese sauce from the supermarket. Dolmio. I add it after i've cooked the ingredients some.

I also put some cheese on.

I am a master chef.
elyseface
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

Rude titties.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 02:25 am »

Earlier this evening, I had beef bone marrow on toast. I find it hard to believe that a civilized society allows such a delicacy to go to waste on a regular basis.

There's a restaurant here that serves this amazing burger. The patty is a prime rib eye blend, topped with caramelized onions, on a potato bun with bone marrow butter. It is incredible.
Joseph Nistal
Shogun
Admin

lep

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 04:14 am »

In preperation for Christmas party next month and since I've barely properly cooked in about 6 months, I decided to make sure I could bring my own special Chicken Yakitori;

I've still got it.

Reverend
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2010, 05:05 pm »

Heated a lasagne from Morrisons and microwaved some veg-in-a-bag from same.

Good eating.
RummyLu
The PUNisher
Probably a postbot

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 06:04 am »

Aged bread, transformed through gentle heating into a sturdy toast, covered with lashings of peanut butter from Le Corner Shoppe.

"I’ll retract the rape complaint from the wombat, because he’s pulled out."
Melancholic Goat
space goat coast to coast
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 05:40 am »

You put it your body, to nourish you and keep you alive. There is no more loving and intimate act than making someone a meal.

Alright, yeah, this was two months ago, but damn it have you never heard of fucking

24/7 never beggin on a rain check
Melancholic Goat
space goat coast to coast
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 05:41 am »

Aged bread, transformed through gentle heating into a sturdy toast, covered with lashings of peanut butter from Le Corner Shoppe.

I did a PB&J thing recently where I ended up eating that for breakfast, lunch, and usually one other snacking occasion in the day. I did this for three days until my shits turned explosive. Something to be aware of.

24/7 never beggin on a rain check
RummyLu
The PUNisher
Probably a postbot

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 07:47 am »

I'm going to try for four days and see what's over the peanut butter event horizon.

"I’ll retract the rape complaint from the wombat, because he’s pulled out."
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 09:34 am »

You put it your body, to nourish you and keep you alive. There is no more loving and intimate act than making someone a meal.

Alright, yeah, this was two months ago, but damn it have you never heard of fucking

Have you seen Kathana?

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Kathana
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 11:11 am »

Screwing is nice, but I'm pretty sure I'd survive if I couldn't do it anymore. Eating is a different story. 
Ripper
Buddy Friend Pal

I owe Oball fifty bucks

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 09:56 pm »

What about breathing? I mean, it's okay, I guess, but it's no raspberry and Frangelico tiramisu, now is it?

“This is true. This is not bullshit,” he declared. “In the year 2015, which according to my Gucci watch is next year,
Kathana
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 10:24 pm »

See, Ripper gets it. Everyone, be more like Ripper.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 11:18 pm »

Screwing is nice, but I'm pretty sure I'd survive if I couldn't do it anymore.

You're a monster

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
Wibblewobble
Pug Club President

May contain nuts

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 05:37 pm »

Earlier this evening...I marinated a bit of rump steak in some soy sauce for a couple of hours.

I then peeled and halved and boiled some new potatoes.

I drained the potatoes, and then dropped them in a frying pan in a little oil and fried them a bit. Right at the end I bunged in a chopped up garlic clove, swirled it all around for about a minute until the garlicyness was infused into the fried potatoes, but the garlic hadn't gone brown and burnt and nasty. Stuck it on a plate in a warm oven.

I then wiped the frying pan clean, put a tiny splosh of oil in it, and then fried the steak for about one and a half to two minutes on each side. That went in the oven on the plate, also.

Now I put a dab of butter & a splosh of oil into the frying pan, and fried a chopped up mushroom until it was soft, when I added a third of a glass of white wine. Jiggled it about while the wine was boiling off a bit (ie, reducing), and turned the heat way down low.

I added a quarter wine glass of cream. Stir, and add to the winey-mushroomey-creamy sauce the leftover soy sauce marinade, and the juices that have oozed out of the steak while it's in the low heat oven.

Let the sauce bubble gently and check it's tasty, or add some salt and pepper.

Finally add the sauce to the oven plate with some peas and sweetcorn that have been innocently simmering away in a pot whilst you've been farting around making this:

"Steak and Garlic New Potatoes in a Mushroom and White Wine Sauce for table FUCK YEAH!"

FAKED EDIT: Bollocks, I'm going to add this to the Best Recipes thread.

Fiction
I'M GONE STING
Posthulhu

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 04:56 pm »

Earlier this evening my girlfriend and I made this. It was wonderful.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length