Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2017, 07:15 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Red Dead Re-holy shit this western game looks badass.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Red Dead Re-holy shit this western game looks badass.  (Read 14981 times)
Melancholic Goat
space goat coast to coast
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 09:00 am »

JUST BOUGHT THIS

FIRST NON-FOOTIE GAME I HAVE BOUGHT NEW SINCE GTA 4

WOOOOOOOO

24/7 never beggin on a rain check
Fiction
I'M GONE STING
Posthulhu

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 10:04 pm »

It was just delivered today. And then it froze on me. Ugh.
Danny G
Fart Master

Workplace Sex Criminal

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 10:58 pm »

I hate all of you that have this already.  Like I said on IRC earlier, I'm pretty sure this game will be the cause of me being unemployed, once I get it.

Living in the sticks means I can't buy it in a store until next Friday.  I 'could' buy it online, if only I had a debit/credit card.

Logjammin'
Sev
Internet Person

OH GOD. I can see into forever!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2010, 12:00 am »

I just shot three cougars while riding my horse off of a cliff.

I officially love this game.

I am a god, who has made himself forget he is a god.
JackyGoBang
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

The People's Choice

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2010, 12:39 am »

So I just beat this earlier today....man, this game takes you places.

Thoughts on the game and its ending:

(click to show/hide)

One last thing: I'm one of the seemingly few people who really, really enjoyed Red Dead Revolver, and while I get that Redemption is an entirely different game in both mechanics and tone, it would have been neat to have more references to Revolver than Marston's scars and a campfire story. Not much, maybe the Scorpion revolver as an unlockable or something.
bearbaiter
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010, 01:57 am »

Well, one of the guys in the beginning, maybe the first guy at Fort Mercer I'm not sure, says "Watchu want?" exactly like one of the guys from Revolver.

I also would have liked more references, although I'd prefer if they made a Red Dead Revolver 2.
DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2010, 02:47 am »

Well, one of the guys in the beginning, maybe the first guy at Fort Mercer I'm not sure, says "Watchu want?" exactly like one of the guys from Revolver.

Yeah and one of the guys at the Armadillo saloon spits just like a dude from the first game

Melancholic Goat
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2010, 04:15 am »

I tried playing Revolver and turned it off bored after a couple hours. This game, though, is tits. First thing I did after the tutorial was ride my horse off a cliff then skin and eat it. Second thing was shoot a prostitute and drown myself in a lake.

Basically what I love is how accurately one can recreate one's Saturday nights.

Navigator2001Plus
Richard "Dick" "The Dickman" Dongman, professional dong-man
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2010, 07:06 am »

Fuck your dynamite, Remington.

<Skeletonic> nav is very important to me
<SuperCalvin> So as I was saying, navigator is handsome
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2010, 09:56 am »

I rode a train around for a long time shooting at stuff that was alongside the tracks, hog tied a sheriff and threw him on the tracks, then watched the train come.

Fuck yes.
RockinJoe12
Captain Obvious

fozzimodo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2010, 10:13 am »

I got this game and it is completely awesome. The landscape is beautiful and it all seems really believable. I absolutely loved when you are riding through Mexico for the first time and Far Away started playing. That just sealed the deal that this game is the best game.

My Gamertag is BK10001, if anyone wants to play. I haven't really tried it yet, but I plan on learning the Free Roam system today.

Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2010, 10:29 am »

One last thing: I'm one of the seemingly few people who really, really enjoyed Red Dead Revolver, and while I get that Redemption is an entirely different game in both mechanics and tone, it would have been neat to have more references to Revolver than Marston's scars and a campfire story. Not much, maybe the Scorpion revolver as an unlockable or something.

He wasn't branded with a burning tomahawk after being accused of cheating in a duel with his adopted brother for tribe leadership?
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2010, 06:23 pm »

I just beat this today.  It was awesome.  Now to play through again as a bad ass outlaw.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
Navigator2001Plus
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2010, 06:44 pm »

How many hours does it take to finish it?

Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2010, 06:56 pm »

That depends on whether you play like me or not.  I have nearly 3 days of game time logged, but I am sure if I ran through the story missions I could have finished in 15-20 hours, easy.

The spoiler below just has the number of missions in the story, and doesn't actually spoil much, but I thought I'd hide it in case anyone wanted to stay in the dark as to the #.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
Melancholic Goat
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 06:52 am »

My trouble with games with a morality system is that I want to do all the quests so I end up with quite a positive morality, only that gets offset by how I shoot every single person I see outside of towns, including anyone I do a quest for immediately after I did it. So I always end up with a neutral morality, which implies I'm a kind of amoral arbiter of justice only I'm really just fucking nuts.

Navigator2001Plus
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2010, 12:53 pm »

Nigel West Dickens really does have an immortality elixir, it seems.

Instead of walking into the X to start the third mission for him at that ranch, I...
(click to show/hide)

nchammer326
Hurker

I'm charming, I'm dashing, I'm rental-car bashing

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2010, 01:10 am »

I don't own this game, but after seeing the glitches for this thing, I am required to buy it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lpTuNUTd8I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lpTuNUTd8I</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdCvN-ukRY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdCvN-ukRY</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7v4F8r9Og" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7v4F8r9Og</a>

Found these via Something Awful.

A stupid note is produced. It's the one assholes play to make their audience start punching themselves in the crotch repeatedly.
Technohawk
Spacesquatch
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2010, 03:05 pm »

If you want some of the stuff that some stores gave out (like playing cards) you can get that at the rockstar store.

Cards and dice for $10 or a $20 collector's pack which has cards, RDR Eradicator Soap and a dynamite-shaped candle.

Joseph Nistal
Shogun
Admin

lep

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2010, 08:03 pm »

The only thing worth getting are the cards, and even then you're better off holding out for the ones you get in Fallout: New Vegas' Collectors Edition since you get some other great stuff as well.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length