Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2017, 02:12 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Food
| | |-+  What the hell do I do with all of this ______________?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: What the hell do I do with all of this ______________?  (Read 34011 times)
norumaru
Columns: 2, Pillars: 4,

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 04:50 pm »

Cut off a slice at the top, hollow out the inside with a spoon (those are the huge ones, right?) and fill them with a mix of ground pork/beef, diced mushrooms, diced peppers, some diced chili pepper, the pulp you just spooned out of them and diced mozzarella that you season with pepper, salt, oregano, rosemary and a hint of balsamico. Put the lid back on, loosely wrap them in tinfoil and roast them in the oven. You can cut some potatoes into wedges, mix them with the rest of the tomato pulp, some olive oil and some ground dried chilies and put them on the same baking tray, if there's room, as a side dish.

My mom tells me you can also hollow them out, cut the skin part into strips, wrap those strips around feta cheese sticks and pickle these packages. I wouldn't know, because I hate Feta cheese. The marinade sounds easy enough. It's 1 cup white wine vinegar, 5 cloves of garlic (sliced), 3 bay leaves, a chili (sliced) if you want and a spoonful of Herbes de Provence. Stack tomato/feta things into jars, bring vinegar and spices to a boil and pour on top, close jar.

Don't discriminate, you retards, racism is gay
The Iron Colonel
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 07:59 pm »

Tomato soup.

Beefsteaks aren't very good for drying or canning (or even soup, really) because they are so watery.
Demha
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 08:06 pm »

I'll second the suggestion for some sort of tomato soup. Gazpacho is a great summer dish, and it's pretty easy to make. Just chop, blend and chill.

By the way, the carrots ended up being used in a habanero sauce. Our habanero plant was full of bright orange habaneros and they made an awesome salsa. But damn, those things are toxic to cook, I was smart enough to use gloves this time (last time i scratched my balls the day after.... oh the pain....) but while washing and cleaning them the air got pretty hard to breathe.

spaceboy
just some guy
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 09:41 pm »

Beefsteaks aren't very good for drying or canning (or even soup, really) because they are so watery.

Yeah, I just made some really watery salsa. Next year I'll grow some Roma tomatoes.
Kathana
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 08:48 am »

Caprese salad is my favorite salad this time of year. It's just tomato, basil and a good mozzarella cheese.  I chop everything together, then drizzle with good balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.  We had that for dinner a couple nights ago with some foccacia that I made.
The Iron Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 11:21 am »

Yeah, I just made some really watery salsa. Next year I'll grow some Roma tomatoes.

Try slicing the tomatoes first and then salting them. This will help to dry them out a little. Then you can make salsa; it won't be perfect, but it won't be tomatoes in water, either.
Keithito
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 08:07 pm »

I've got ridiculous amounts of Bok Choy in my house right now as a result of asking my room mate to pick me up some while she was in Chinatown and not specifying that I didn't want all the Bok Choy. What should I do? I am fresh out of creative ways to make it disappear.
Demha
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 10:26 pm »

We make some variation of this pretty often.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/bacon-y-bok-choy/Detail.aspx
norumaru
Columns: 2, Pillars: 4,

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 01:41 am »

Make all of the kimchi. I don't like the fishy stuff either, just skip the squid and substitute soy sauce & salt for the fish sauce.

Don't discriminate, you retards, racism is gay
VoodooTissue
Butt Expert
Buddy Friend Pal

KNIFE PARTY JORTS REMIX

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 05:44 am »

I have something like 6 kilograms of mushrooms sitting in my fridge. Yes, the edible one. No, it will trip my balls if I eat them.

VoodooTissue
Butt Expert
Buddy Friend Pal

KNIFE PARTY JORTS REMIX

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 05:47 am »

Will not# trip my balls.

In any case, SHROOMS MAN

The Iron Colonel

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 06:06 am »

Dry them. They'll keep in jars for a long time once dehydrated.

(why is it that most of my solutions involve preserving stuff for future use?)
Demha
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 11:09 am »

If you add big amounts of melted cheese to those mushrooms and eat them with some sort of bread (tortillas in my case) you cant go wrong.
pedant
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2010, 11:11 am »

make duxelles and freeze it in ice cube trays.  Like the recipe says, it's great in eggs or on sandwiches; also with pasta or rice, basic sauteed veg, that sort of thing.
Nate
GUNS GUNS GUNS BIKES BIKES
Potential Friend

Yo mama.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 05:15 pm »

So I have a massive zucchini, and I have no idea what the fuck people do with this much goddamn zucchini.  What the hell, guys.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 05:52 pm »

So I have a massive zucchini

Tell us something we don't know.

Also just chop that bad boy up and put it in a pan with some garlic and olive oil, eat it with anything.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
Kathana
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 08:37 pm »

Zucchini bread.
oball
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2010, 08:45 pm »

Build an orange gun and fire it at something.  If it's too narrow to fit in the barrel, you may need to construct a discarding sabot for it.

BUTTS FOR THE BUTT GOD
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2010, 09:03 am »

Zucchini's also good if you slice it up, cover it in bechamel sauce and bake it. Or you could go all out and make some lasagna.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
spaceboy
just some guy
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 04:45 pm »

Garlic. I have 13 bulbs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length