Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 07:00 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Actual Horrible People (Fox News)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 106 Print
Author Topic: Actual Horrible People (Fox News)  (Read 145016 times)
Luna Fortuna

Rock Stacker

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 15, 2012, 04:30 pm »

Someone else shared the photo, I honestly would have scratched it out. I have never before felt the urge to vandalize pointless stickers no matter how dumb or offensive.
Thicket
Sucks at High Fiving

Don't try to dig what we all say.

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 15, 2012, 08:18 pm »

That photo's going around Facebook, and some friend of a friend decided to share his stupid fucking opinion:

I wouldn't consider that statement racist. Its a clever use of an already existing term in such a way that it may offend people, hence I find it hilarious. And racism only hurts as much as one lets it hurt. Same goes for any type of verbal abuse, you can either let it bother you or just ignore assholes who choose to shit on someone elses parade.

Luna Fortuna

Rock Stacker

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 15, 2012, 08:30 pm »

Please thank him for his wisdom, because I never truly believe my own reaction is justified. That's why I wait for the guidance of someone on Facebook.
Gitro
Sucks at High Fiving

Feminazi Manhater

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 15, 2012, 08:58 pm »

As this is 'clever' wordplay on a racial slur against black people being used against a black president, this is not racist. As a straight white male, I find that racism, as well as all verbal abuse, only hurts if you let it and aren't ever a victim of systemic or widespread abuse. Beep boop racism solved.

Australia has a serious gap in its defence against timber refugee boats because over-the-horizon radar can't pick them up and current ship and aircraft radars have limited range.
Zach
Artist, Allusionist, Ape
Admin

Human, all too human

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: March 15, 2012, 09:20 pm »

Thank straight white male God.

Not A Spatula
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 15, 2012, 10:35 pm »

Racists are so cute when they try to explain things.
MadPiper6
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 15, 2012, 11:27 pm »

That guy kony should do a video about racist bumper stickers next year. Let's make a difference.
Bettytron

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 16, 2012, 08:59 am »

Also "renege" doesn't even make sense in that context, so even if you ignore the skin-crawling racism, it fails as a pun.

Thicket I hope you punched that guy and told him not to cry about it, punches only hurt as much as you let them hurt.

It's a pretty genius approach to racism, though. "Hey black people, maybe you just shouldn't let it bother you so much, ever think of that?"

MadPiper6
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 16, 2012, 01:56 pm »

Also "renege" doesn't even make sense in that context, so even if you ignore the skin-crawling racism, it fails as a pun.

I submit that its failure as a pun means that it is just blatant skin-crawling racism.
drunkpiano
Je m'appelle
Technocratic Libertarian

Hurry up, Tommy, before zee Germans get here.

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 20, 2012, 01:28 pm »

Update: THE N-WORD DOESN'T MEAN BLACK! IT JUST MEANS A REALLY SCUMMY PERSON! I LITERALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WORDS!

Edit: From the Forbes story: ďAnd besides Obama is not even black. Heís got a mixture of race. Itís his choice of what his nationality is. Iím a mixed breed. I call myself a Heinz 57,Ē she says, referring to an ancestry thatís part of French, Scottish, and German.

Haha yeah totally the same thing! I am sure she's been hella discriminated against for being several different kinds of white.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:34 pm by drunkpiano » Logged

fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 20, 2012, 03:19 pm »

While Fox News hasn't mentioned the story much:

There is an article about Trayvon Martin's killing on Fox News and the comments are just awful.

These guys go through the comments and pick out some of the worst ones, but there are 4000, mostly like this.
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/40088_Fox_News_Commenters_React_to_Trayvon_Martin-_Good_Shot_Zimmy

Chez San
Busko Tungus
Fart Robot

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 21, 2012, 03:24 pm »

I'm going to have to stop reading this thread.

I genuinely think I'm becoming radicalized, in that I just asked myself "if the situation arose, would I actually murder any of these people just for typing things on the internet" to which my immediate response was "YES"
Illiterati
Į\_(ツ)_/Į
Brumbpo Tungus

DICKBUS

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 21, 2012, 04:22 pm »

AHAHAHA FUCK ALL PEOPLE (ESPECIALLY FOX COMMENTERS)

░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ ░░
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀ ░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░
Johnny Roastbeef
Friend Status Achieved

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 21, 2012, 05:30 pm »

I realize this isn't fox, but McDonalds has a special black-themed advertising page.

All right, later dudes. S you in your Aís, donít wear a C, and J all over your Bís.
Not A Spatula
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 21, 2012, 06:09 pm »

I see nothing patronizing here

(assisting in educational opportunties is cool though)
Katastrophikus
Fart Master

Tequila fiend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: March 22, 2012, 12:33 am »

I couldn't decide whether to put this here or in the terrible news thread, but anyway, here is a graphic look at the knock on effects of Fox's propaganda...

Fox News Lies, An Eldery Woman Dies
drunkpiano
Je m'appelle
Technocratic Libertarian

Hurry up, Tommy, before zee Germans get here.

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 26, 2012, 04:14 pm »

What I learned from the comments on this shitty article:

-Black people are trying to use Trayvon Martin's death to start a race war.
-The fact that a 17 year old may have smoked weed means it's a good thing he was murdered.
-This is all a ploy to get Obama reelected.

The more I learn about this case the more it smells like a completely start to finnish staged political event to try and swing an election. Just like thei oil spills, the Rodney King beating, the  Camp Lejune beating and all the rest of the all to conveniantly  made to order events that always occur at just the right moment in the election cycle.

Obama literally created the oil spill and Trayvon's murder so he can win an election he was already going to win.

it could be that Tryvonn was casing the neighborhood, there had been numerous breakins, by hooded african american teens over the last several months...what was T martin doing in the gated community anyway? he did not live there , his father did not live there....just sayin...

Seriously all of this is inaccurate.

He did not chase the kid with a gun. All the evidence shows he ran after him, lost sight of him, then was going back to his vehicle when the little creep jumped him and proceeded to beat him severely as he screamed per witness statements. Justified shooting in my eyes...at least at this point.

Absolutely none of the evidence supports what this person is saying.

Drugs and violence associated with an african american youth? Proposterous! They're all such angels!

Smug racism! :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:20 pm by drunkpiano » Logged

Citizen Snips
bogus street dog
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 26, 2012, 04:23 pm »

And here I was thinking people were generally okay.

SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Wenjadanlawaleiya

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 26, 2012, 04:59 pm »

people fucking suck
Zach
Artist, Allusionist, Ape
Admin

Human, all too human

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: March 26, 2012, 05:12 pm »

People are just going through a shitty phase. Give them a couple more centuries to get it sorted, then if they aren't flying straight they'll all be ejected straight up into space.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 106 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length