Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 07:58 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Linkies
| | |-+  News Stories That You Love
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: News Stories That You Love  (Read 92736 times)
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 11:46 am »

After so many pretentious and misogynist tabloid articles on the death of chivalry/etiquette/manners, this one reasonable article on the subject came out of nowhere.

"I think a lot of the behaviour in the past was predicated on the notion that females are a fairer sex, weaker or less capable in some way... I think that is quite outdated and almost irrelevant in modern society.

"Nowadays you don't see gentlemen throwing their coats in puddles and rushing over to the other side of the horse and cart to help a woman down. In modern society it is really just about empathy."

It's also worth it for the inset picture of Hugh Jackman looking incredibly dopey.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 08:58 am »

Keep your laws off of my erection!

DoctorShenanigans

DEFINITELY Not Qualified To Practice Medicine

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 03:31 pm »

Invisible Children Co-Founder Arrested For Public Masturbation

I am a mobile game designer, check out my NEW PORTFOLIO!
JMD
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Creepin while you're sleepin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 06:55 pm »

Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition

He must have been out there jerkin it for like 12 hours.

There are only 2 meanings for troll. 1) Fishing and 2) Sing carefree.
DoctorShenanigans

DEFINITELY Not Qualified To Practice Medicine

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 03:40 pm »

92-Year-Old Man Sends Thousands Of Bootlegged DVDs to American Troops Free Of Charge

I am a mobile game designer, check out my NEW PORTFOLIO!
Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2012, 05:48 pm »

“It’s not the right thing to do, but I did it,” Mr. Strachman said, acknowledging that his actions violated copyright law.

“If I were younger,” he added, “maybe I’d be spending time in the hoosegow.”

The hoosegow.

Ladies and Gentlemen: the Best Person.

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
Zach
Artist, Allusionist, Ape
Admin

Human, all too human

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2012, 09:19 pm »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/klu-klux-klan-protests-westboro-baptist-church-video/2011/05/31/AGgoiPFH_blog.html

Zach
Artist, Allusionist, Ape
Admin

Human, all too human

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2012, 11:15 pm »

A shark with a laser on its head is released into the oceans, for SCIENCE!

Chronicles
Recovering Alcoholic

Friend of the Future

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 09:32 am »

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/821591-evil-clown-hired-for-stalking-threats-and-a-pie-in-the-face

oball
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012, 06:53 pm »

Serpent-handling pastor dies from rattlesnake bite

Mark Randall “Mack” Wolford was known all over Appalachia as a daring man of conviction. He believed that the Bible mandates that Christians handle serpents to test their faith in God — and that, if they are bitten, they trust in God alone to heal them.

Wolford was 15 when he saw his father die at age 39 of a rattlesnake bite in almost exactly the same circumstances.

BUTTS FOR THE BUTT GOD
GoMichael
Grade A Fucking Moron
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

Odious Shitballoon

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2012, 07:00 pm »

Haha fuck that recently deceased guy.
MadPiper6
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2012, 10:03 pm »

That's a little harsh.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2012, 08:23 am »

Way to not live up to those stereotypes of West Virginia, chief.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
Raconteur
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

ghetto diplomat

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2012, 10:33 am »

The sex lives of Penguins.

Levick blamed this "astonishing depravity" on "hooligan males" and wrote down his observations in Greek so that only an educated gentleman would understand the horrors he had witnessed.
jimbob
AKA Billy
Book Smart

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2012, 11:43 am »

I've seen that stuff with mallards. When the number of males got a lot more than the number of females they started gang-raping and whatnot. That drove off the rest of the females, and after that it was basically the US prison system in a duck-pond.

HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2012, 02:30 am »

Council reverses ban on schoolgirl's food blog

Do yourself a favour and check out the blog, too. Each proper entry also has a contributor from another part of the world, which is really cool.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:41 am by HyperGlavin » Logged

Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2012, 08:53 am »

Mitt Romney has a Koch problem.

This refers of course to the Koch brothers who pronounce their name rhyming with "Coke."  The alternative pronunciation of "Cock" remains remarkably appropriate.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2012, 08:56 am »

Huh. I always assumed it was "Kosh".

Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2012, 09:22 am »

I think it's one of those names with lots of pronunciations.  The Koch brothers in question do pronounce their name as "coke."  Beastie Boys listeners may identify that a former mayor of New York pronounced it Ed "Kotch."  I know at least one person from school who pronounced it "cock."  Kosh or Kuck or Kutch probably all also exist depending on who's saying it.

In actual German, I believe the correct pronunciation is the Ko followed by the noise you make when hocking a loogie. 

fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2012, 11:04 am »

That article didn't have all the hilarity of this one:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-hamptons-fundraiser-20120708,0,2162850,print.story
A New York City donor a few cars back, who also would not give her name, said Romney needed to do a better job connecting. "I don't think the common person is getting it," she said from the passenger seat of a Range Rover stamped with East Hampton beach permits. "Nobody understands why Obama is hurting them.

"We've got the message," she added. "But my college kid, the baby sitters, the nails ladies -- everybody who's got the right to vote -- they don't understand what's going on. I just think if you're lower income -- one, you're not as educated, two, they don't understand how it works, they don't understand how the systems work, they don't understand the impact."

The Zambrellis scoffed at attempts by the Democrats -- who mocked Romney in an ad Sunday as "great for oil billionaires, bad for the middle class" -- to wage class warfare.  "Would you like to hear about the fundraisers I went to for him?" Sharon Zambrelli said of Obama. "Do you have an hour? ... All the ones in the city -- it was all of Wall Street."

"It's not helping the economy to pit the people who are the engine of the economy against the people who rely on that engine," Michael Zambrelli said as the couple waited in their SUV for clearance into the Creeks shortly after the candidate's motorcade flew by and entered the pine-tree lined estate. "He's basically been biting the hand that fed him in '08. ... I would bet 25% of the people here were supporters of Obama in '08. And they're here now."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length