Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 02:18 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Linkies
| | |-+  ninja movie trailer we made
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ninja movie trailer we made  (Read 1311 times)
mabudon
Internet Person

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:00 pm »

I dunno, we were bored and someone said the phrase "master on master" and then we just thought this through a bit and shot it then edited it the next day. I am the guy in the hippie shirt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG9YZakby0Y
Navigator2001Plus
Richard "Dick" "The Dickman" Dongman, professional dong-man
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 12:27 pm »

That was oddly entertaining. My only criticism is that there's 27 seconds of just the title before anything starts happening. For a short YouTube video, that's a bit too long.

<Skeletonic> nav is very important to me
<SuperCalvin> So as I was saying, navigator is handsome
mabudon
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 12:32 pm »

Thanks nav- Me and my buddies have differing opinions on editing, I wanted the thing to be probably 45 seconds shorter- the reason for the overly-long intro is due to the fact that we wanted a bunch of stuff to synch up later in the vid and couldn't figure out how to make the song shorter without making it sound like we "cut in"

Originally we planned on doing a more traditional trailer, with a narrator and sound FX and some badly overdubbed dialogue, but we ran the footage with that song over it and somehow we all agreed that it worked well enough that we could just line it up properly and release it like that.

The stupid frisbee bit is my fave part, and that firework at the end that blew up right in my damn ear was a malfunction, my buddies were afraid I was hurt cos I didn't seem to react at all, but I was just in character (and fairly drunk by that point)
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 12:41 pm »

I don't even know where to begin with this video, which is appropriate since it looks like you guys didn't know where to begin either.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Hungarian
Potential Friend

Communism fits the bill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 04:49 pm »

It was just silly enough to warrant watching. I loved the grill cover rice hat.

I also loved the Palestinian keffiyeh, since they are so big on ninjitsu in Gaza.
mabudon
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 05:28 pm »

Nice call, Hungarian, that was actually bought for me by a friend visiting Palestine, they knew I would appreciate such a thing.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length