Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2018, 07:17 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  AV Club
| | |-+  Black Mirror (spoilers) is good
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Black Mirror (spoilers) is good  (Read 217 times)
MadPiper6
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2018, 03:12 pm »

The future involves a lot of thumbtacks going into temples
I think Metalhead was my favorite but all of season 4 was really well done.
The best episode ever is probably 15 Million Merits IMCO
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 10:22 am »

I love black mirror but its the most inconsistent/odd show I do, I think. 4 had the same problems as 3, too many rando episodes that worked purely on a twist that is obvious and they never did anything fun with to let you ignore that.

Black Museum/Arkangel being the worst for this, the star trek one being good fun and my favourite.

Arkangel especially a throw back to the last episode with a very similar concept (recording memories) where the most interesting thing they can think to say about this concept is "what if a real psycho used it". Well then it would be analogous to a real controlling psycho not using a magic tech but being in the same position wouldnt it, then not working as a cautionary tale or an analogy and being pointless.

A lot of people on the internets seemed to complain that the show has lost its "true roots" of being a cautionary tale about technology anymore, which I dont think it ever was and the few early episodes that fit that bill were the weaker ones anyway. Im perfectly ok with it being twilight zone but about apps and that instead of any supernatural/scifi stuff they felt like that week.

The best episode ever is White Bear obvs which was incredibly powerful and you could run a class on how its twist is inherent and fundamental to its story, with 15 million spacebucks a distant second, but they both stand out as like the two near works of art in a show of otherwise at best fun/sketchy episodes.

So, disliked more than half of it, cant wait for the next season. Standard Black Mirror season.
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 06:16 pm »

I was gonna say White Bear is the best episode but Gale covered that so I'd just like to say this season in general was a bit disappointing, still a decent January 1st binge though.

i love too laugh with, my pals on this web sight
EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 11:25 pm »

I think this show is bad
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length