Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 02:44 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Linkies
| | |-+  RedLetterMedia's Star Wars Attack of the Clones Review
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: RedLetterMedia's Star Wars Attack of the Clones Review  (Read 14766 times)
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:22 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA

Part one just went up.
Technohawk
Spacesquatch
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:08 pm »

That was good stuff.

Here's part 2.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im7k4LUzA3Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im7k4LUzA3Y</a>
CB
ASCII Middle Finger

Unregistered Hypercam 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:09 pm »

Yes.

Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 05:07 am »

AARGH STOP SHOWING CONNIE CULP
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 05:41 am »

The whole thing is up on youtube now, and he does an excellent review with some fascinating insight into how movies work, but I really wish he'd ditch the fucking psycho gimmick already. It's as if he is unable to follow his own advice.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Navigator2001Plus
Richard "Dick" "The Dickman" Dongman, professional dong-man
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 05:44 am »

Yeah, I've only watched the first two parts, and I liked them aside from the weird bits at the end with the woman he's got tied up.

<Skeletonic> nav is very important to me
<SuperCalvin> So as I was saying, navigator is handsome
Finlander
Captain Obvious

I am become Walrus, destroyer of goo goo ga joob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 12:58 pm »

What do you mean by him not following his own advice, Glav?

Personally, I like the character. He's had it since the beginning, and I've grown attached to it. Plus, the psycho/über nerd thing makes sure it stays self-aware of the fact that he's spent over two hours talking about the Star Wars Prequels.

20:50   soberpiano   i guess i could sort of see the distinction if i choked myself until i could no longer understand the significance of language
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 01:13 pm »

Yeah, I don't really mind the psycho killer gimmick, either.  I wouldn't go so far as to say I like it, though.

Edit: Actually, I would.  The psycho killer schtick is enjoyable to me.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 03:44 am by Remington Lonespear » Logged

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 01:51 pm »

It's the first time I've ever felt moved to do this but I just donated $10 through his webpage. He needs to keep doing this for ever.
werty
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 10:17 pm »

This guy sounds like his mouth is full of fat and he's kind of making fun of an easy target. Still pretty funny, though.
Finlander
Captain Obvious

I am become Walrus, destroyer of goo goo ga joob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 08:33 am »

His voice is intentional, dude. If you check out his other videos you'll notice it's part of the Serial Killer character, and he speaks quite normally in his other stuff.

20:50   soberpiano   i guess i could sort of see the distinction if i choked myself until i could no longer understand the significance of language
spaceboy
just some guy
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 03:41 pm »

I'm fucking hooked. I've been watching them all from the beginning. Guy is insightful and hilarious. I also don't care too much for the psycho killer angle, but it is tolerable.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 04:00 pm »

A lot of people have touched on the 'meh didn't really dig the serial killer nerd thing' and while I think it does get into it a little too much in the latest reviews, without it it would just be some pathetic nerd making a crazy insightful but ultimately pathetic review.

With this character, he's acknowledging this and making it just as ridiculous.

Personally I don't mind it because just when it starts to get annoying he'll pull something hilarious out of it.

I'm probably rambling and being retarded right now, so pay attention kids, don't smoke crack.
Navigator2001Plus
Richard "Dick" "The Dickman" Dongman, professional dong-man
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 11:19 pm »

I think just playing up the nerd voice and the like would be enough of a joke, really.

<Skeletonic> nav is very important to me
<SuperCalvin> So as I was saying, navigator is handsome
Driscoll
Admin

Huge Cowardly Nerd Shitball

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 11:27 pm »

Like everyone else, I am pretty tired of the serial killer angle. But this guy is capable of making a review of a movie that is as long as the movie itself, and more entertaining than the movie itself. I think Luke is right about it offsetting the nerdiness of the review. It makes it refreshing when he gets back to the 90 minute Star Wars review, which is a pretty huge achievement on its own.
shrek
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 01:42 am »

I actually like the Star Trek reviews just a little bit better because they just kind of hint at the narrator being somewhat psychopathic, rather than segments entirely dedicated to the serial killer angle, but I do respect that they actually maintained a coherent storyline with the serial killers and I did like the joke about asking the woman he has tied up in his basement to go out for coffee.
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 03:18 am »

His reviews are awesome and if his girlfriend wants to be in his videos I don't really mind.
MWB
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

1 trick of a tiny belly

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 12:01 am »

"This guy seems like a retard that wants to see neat things happen with his computer." Most accurate description of George Lucas I've ever heard.
Driscoll
Admin

Huge Cowardly Nerd Shitball

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 02:48 am »

I am not usually one for recapping stuff in videos, but a few things in that were just amazing, and made me laugh like uncontrollably.

(click to show/hide)

I too had to donate 10 bucks to the guy. He has earned it.
Demha
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 03:57 am »

This dude just put up a review of Baby's Day Out, and the review has some really hilarious moment. The lesbian sex scene killed me.

http://www.neatorama.com/2010/06/21/red-letter-media-does-babys-day-out/
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length