Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 05:14 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Anybody up for some Paranoia?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Anybody up for some Paranoia?  (Read 10315 times)
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Contextually Post-black Pop-star Rapper

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 03:36 pm »

When would work for you? We can see if it works for the group, and if so we can start the character building.
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 10:42 am »

I am good for anything but late monday/wednesday or any time before 5PM EST Tuesday/Thursday, which is pretty open I think.

if loving me is wrong, everybody is right
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 04:46 am »

FUCK YALL
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 11:43 am »

but mostly steelfan?

SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 11:46 am »

FUCK YALL

Well only Skel and Jerbwyn have told me what times work for them, so I was mostly waiting on you to tell me when works for you so we can see if there was a time in y'all's schedules that worked for dust or not.
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 11:02 pm »

Starting 4th of May my schedule is completely open thru at least late July.

Melancholic Goat
space goat coast to coast
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 04:23 am »

I'll round you all inside out.

If I'm the only European it might be difficult for me with times, though. Currently Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday evenings GMT are good for me, Sunday evenings should also be fine the majority of the time. Anything running later than 1am my time will not be doable, but between 5pm and 1am I can be flexible.

24/7 never beggin on a rain check
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2017, 01:43 am »

australia time - tuesdays are good for me, wednesday afternoon/evnings, thursday mornings, most weekends, any time
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2017, 11:28 am »

How are Saturdays for you, goat? The way I'm looking at these times it seems like our best windows are either:

Very early Sunday US/early afternoon Sunday UK/Sunday night Australia: If all the US players don't mind getting up early and Sam can do late, we could probably do 2-3 hour sessions on Sundays.

Saturday Afternoon US/Saturday evening UK/Sunday Morning Australia: This could probably be lined up for longer play windows if we want them, since it allows for larger blocks where nobody is in a particularly outrageous time window.

Also, same questions to dust, and for either of you I'll need the basic character info from earlier in the thread if the times work and then we can start character building.
dustbuster
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2017, 11:33 am »

Realistically I think I'm out.  I work most Saturdays and often Sundays as well.
Melancholic Goat
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2017, 07:51 am »

Saturday evenings are certainly doable and I'm antisocial enough I don't often have something on then. I couldn't promise to always be available on a Saturday evening though.

SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2017, 04:02 pm »

That's fine, I'm not looking to do every week levels of consistency, since with my job I only get Saturday evening/nights and Sundays off and I am looking to not have my girlfriend leave me for never spending time with her, so if there's a Saturday that doesn't work we can just pick a different one.

So, if you give us your basic details, I can randomize your "seats" and we can start the character creation. I am going to be gone for a week from the 13-20, so hopefully doing the creation here means at the end of that we would be good to try to find a Saturday that worked to start playing.
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2017, 11:39 pm »

they work for me
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2017, 02:36 pm »

Awesome. While we wait for Goat's basics we can actually get started on the Skill selection.

Quote from: Refresher on Skill Selection
2. SKILLS
Every Paranoia player-character begins the game with five different skills, rated from 1 to 5, to indicate things they’re good at doing. They also get five anti-skills rated -1 to -5 for things they’re really bad at. But it’s not as simple as just putting numbers by things. Here’s how you decide what your skills are, and also what the other player-characters’ skills are.
1. The player to the left of the GM – call them Ingrid – begins by choosing one of the skills listed on their character sheet to take at level 1. Write a ‘1’ by it. The player on their left – John – automatically gets the same skill, but at -1.
2. John chooses a different skill to take at +1, and the next player – Kat – gets it at -1. Kat turns to Leigh, and the process continues.
3. Keep going round the group, slowly building the simmering resentments – ‘What do you mean, I’ve got a negative guns skill?’ until everyone has one +1 and one -1 skill. Don’t worry, simmering resentments are good! Interesting stories arise from conflict, so anything that is going to provoke conflict is good.
4. John starts the next round, taking a different skill at +2 and passing a -2 to Kat; Kat takes a +2 and passes a -2 to Leigh, and so on until everyone has skills at that level. Kat starts the next round, taking a +3 and passing on a -3 to Leigh, and so on.
6. Keep going until everyone has five positive skills and five negative skills, and is drawing little skulls, lightning bolts and decapitated heads in the margins of their sheet.

The "table" seating is: Jerbwyn --> BSam --> goat --> Skel

So we start with Jerbwyn choosing a skill for +1 (and -1 for BSam) then Sam, etc.

Reminder to anyone else reading if Saturdays work for you and want to join you can. You'll be put into a random seat at the table, and everyone else can decide on your +/- up to the round we are at, but you can join.
Jerbwyn
Dr. Internet
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2017, 11:27 am »

+1 to bluff!

[15:30] <Ryzhaya> this guy seems alright
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 06:11 am »

which means i get -1 to bluff yeah?

I choose +1 to Alpha Complex, goat is up next

and here are the skills on the character sheets for reference, because i really almost couldn't be bothered looking them up. for descriptions into these skills then you will have to look them up, relinking to the players guide here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxpqIy9LSdRLb2lNajQtM0VjMU0/view?usp=sharing

Violence Skills
-Athletics
-Guns
-Melee
-Other Weapons

Brains Skills
-Science
-Psychology
-Bureaucracy
-Alpha Complex

Chutzpah Skills
-Bluff
-Charm
-Intimidate
-Stealth

Mechanics Skills
-Operate
-Engineer
-Program
-Demolitions
Melancholic Goat
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2017, 04:39 am »

YEAH BABY I'M HERE

NAME: Pepperoni
SECTOR: DAD
PERSONALITY: egotistical, impatient, hungry

SKILLS: -1 to Alpha Complex (which sounds AMAZING) thanks to BSam

I would like to choose +1 to Guns, assuming it isn't one of those trick skills where you then don't see a gun in the gameworld and just spend the time looking at your character sheet sighing wistfully. If that's the case, I'd like to choose +1 Melee.

Rare security footage of the Pepperoni DAD.

Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2017, 11:37 pm »

I'll take a +1 to athletics for Eamon

SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer