Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2017, 01:22 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Sunless Skies: Get Your Ass to Space London
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sunless Skies: Get Your Ass to Space London  (Read 597 times)
evilspud
Street Smart

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2017, 09:08 am »

Sunless Skies is the sequel to Sunless Sea.  It's the same concept.  A top down exploration game where you get into a dingy ship and explore a dark unknown in Failbetter's Victorian coal-punk nightmare. 

Like Sunless Sea:
-You are expected to die a lot.  This is an unforgiving rogue-like.  Your future captains will inherit some skills, money, and maybe equipment from their predecessors.
-You'll be upgrading your ship, hiring complicated officers, rationing supplies, and charting expeditions that reap better rewards the farther you dare to travel.
-The combat will be basic (although they've said it's been beefed in a few ways.) 
-Quests will be a mix of basic combat, deliveries (illicit or otherwise), and skill checks based upon your Hearts (Endurance and Compassion), Veils (Deception and Stealth), Iron (Strength and menace), Mirrors (Perception and preparedness), and Pages (Intelligence and Wisdom.)
-Some of the most remarkable writing I have ever seen in a game, ever.   

Unlike Sunless Sea:
-When you die, you won't necessarily start back at the same port.  There are numerous ports in the world, so new captains don't have to start over doing the same things every time.
-The choices and impacts of previous captains will carry over to new play-throughs. 
-Your captains will now have facets and alignments that let you choose your past as well as your allegiances in the game.  Like the first, you can also choose from a selection of end-games, like becoming a king, or obtaining immortality.

That link is to the Kickstarter, which was funded in less than 4 hours and is close to doubling its original goal.  Fucking back it!  Sunless Sea is rad as hell.

C'mon stop being a dick just screenshot the best bits for us.
FizzlePop
All yours
Fart Master

Why do we want to eat the people we love

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:36 am »

Sunless Sea was a great story shoved headfirst into an entirely unsatisfying game. If they manage to make it less of a slog and make it more friendly for players, i'm all into this!
Melancholic Goat
space goat coast to coast
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 04:24 am »

Loved Sunless Sea and didn't even mind the slog, something about how they put everything together there just clicked for me. I'm waiting for Zubmariner to go on sale so I can play it through again.

24/7 never beggin on a rain check
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length