Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2017, 03:40 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  What is a good gift? (NICOL CERTIFIED GOOD THREAD)
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What is a good gift? (NICOL CERTIFIED GOOD THREAD)  (Read 2575 times)
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 04:28 pm »

Why do you hate Palestine, Laktose

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 04:31 am »

Oh man is there something I didn't know about Sodastream, do they murder Palestinian babies or something? Do I support the murder of Palestinian babies now :-(

i love too laugh with, my pals on this web sight
Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 05:27 am »

They're made in Israel by like woefully underpaid Palestinian indentured servants or some shit like that

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 06:17 am »

Ew, dang

i love too laugh with, my pals on this web sight
Ishliquor
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Fives at High Sucking.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 08:47 am »

Huh, that took me on a side-track search. Don't worry! The factory in Palestine has been closed down, and the 500 employees are out of their exploitative jobs now. The new location will now employ Bedouin Arabs, who I'm sure will be treated nicely.

Also, Scarlett Johansson stepped down as an ambassador for Oxfam in 2014 so that she could be a brand ambassador for Sodastream. Apparently she genuinely believes that they are/were helping build economic stability in the region. Anyway, there's quite a big section on it on wikipedia and maybe the one you bought was made in China!

So, I got someone a scarf from this site: https://www.litographs.com/

If you want to see what it looked like, I chose The Elements of Style by William Strunk jr for the text, black for the colour of the text and Helvetica as the typeface.

NB being printed on fabric, the text doesn't look quite as sharp as it does in the preview example. Also, the fuckers at the Royal Mail tapped me up for a further 14 quid in tax before I could get it (this seems to happen at random, I've never had it happen to me before but most people I spoke to have had tax applied to something they ordered from abroad at least once).

On the other hand, it was well received as a gift and if you want to give someone a present that also gets YOU compliments when they wear it, it's a winner.

Seeking a vomitorium from the arena of the unwell.
evilspud
Street Smart

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 01:00 pm »

I got my girlfriend this scarf from  a very similar site: https://storiarts.com/products/anne-of-green-gables-book-scarf

C'mon stop being a dick just screenshot the best bits for us.
CatAstrophe
Gay Dolphin Sex
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2017, 01:29 am »

I got my boyfriend a scooter. As in the kind you push with your foot.

He's turning 30 in a month, so naturally I will be getting him a GameBoy Color.

fermun   haha, if killing babies offends you, this may not be the show for you
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 10:26 am »

Soda stream coke tastes like piss and everyone who drinks it is a no class Trumpnik. Sad.
Ishliquor
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Fives at High Sucking.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2017, 12:48 pm »

The only soda stream concentrate worth getting was the official Barr's Irn Bru, but it looks like it isn't available anymore.

I have heard of people using their machine to carbonate wine, though I've also heard of this going badly (or at least messily) wrong. I didn't look into it further than that as I couldn't be bothered to dig the old machine out from the back of the cupboard.

Seeking a vomitorium from the arena of the unwell.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2017, 11:49 pm »

real-estate is a good gift

-joey
Kybard
society's stared-at man
Mod

HOW ARE YOU

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 08:53 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnnUqaoFz2U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnnUqaoFz2U</a>

but it's not so great when you consider that it's coming from an alive lady
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length