Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2017, 10:33 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Science! and Sports
| | |-+  NBA 16-17 REVENGE OF THE WARRIORS
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NBA 16-17 REVENGE OF THE WARRIORS  (Read 6566 times)
Joey

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2016, 12:34 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM0IB-1xJ8s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM0IB-1xJ8s</a>

tnt played this before the game tonight and it is great
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:58 am by Nicol » Logged

-joey
Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 06:57 am »

I'm crying right now.  It's so beautiful.  It's back.

This season feels very different already.  Warriors lose their first  (BUT CAN THEY STILL MAKE IT 82-0??). 76ers lead wire-to-wire in a clutch time loss to the Thunder.  (Embiid is awesome, unfortunately we won't get to see Simmons ball for a while).  Lakers too with a win to open against the Rockets without Howard.

Obviously we can't tell anything from such a small sample size, but this will be an interesting season I hope, and I hope not as predicable as it might have seemed when Durant defected to the Warriors.

i came up in this world so cold. that's why my heart's on froze
88FingersLouie
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Back to Abnormal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 11:09 pm »

Bucks still sucks. Oh well, season was over the instant Middleton tore his hamstring. At least I'll get to watch the Greek Freak do Greek Freak things.

Interesting how the narrative of "the big man is dead" runs headfirst into AD (who just dropped 50 points), KAT, Porzingis, Embiid, and a host of other super talented looking young big men (not to mention established guys like boogie).

Your mother is so fat, she couldn't fit on a FAT32 file system. We solved the problem by upgrading to a more modern format, but sadly it's acronym does not lend itself to this joke.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 12:40 am »

first time in nba history a sub .200 beats an over .900 omg

remember last year when warriors  at lakers was this?

ignoring for a moment lack of cohesion, because some of those shots were wide open, curry breaks his 3pt shot streak at 157, aka  since november 2014 (clippers reddick now leads at 61, after making 1/4 tonight).

after collectively going 47% from 3 last night against the thunder, tonight golden state shot 27%

durant, the only starting warrior to care tonight, continued his streak of games with 20+ points to 70, matching 6th all time with the great kareem

also notable: warriors lost their 2nd game last year december 30
lakers won their 3rd december 2nd

the whole night can be seen here: http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/teams/lakers/2016/11/05/1478322954464-clarkson-dunk-918322
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 01:12 pm by Joey » Logged

-joey
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 08:11 pm »

can they go 74-8???

apparently not

thanks to the nuggets, of all teams

-joey
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 08:20 pm »

unfortunately we won't get to see Simmons ball for a while

the while is longer than hoped

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/top-pick-ben-simmons-looking-less-likely-to-play-for-sixers-this-season-080426145.html

-joey
DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 10:46 pm »

are the Wizards for real?? should i get excited???

CatAstrophe
Gay Dolphin Sex
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 12:55 am »

Probably only until conference finals.

fermun   haha, if killing babies offends you, this may not be the show for you
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 03:02 pm »

how bout that cousins trade

-joey
88FingersLouie
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Back to Abnormal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 03:59 pm »

How do you let Dell Demps of all people swindle you

Your mother is so fat, she couldn't fit on a FAT32 file system. We solved the problem by upgrading to a more modern format, but sadly it's acronym does not lend itself to this joke.
Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 12:19 pm »

This Cousins Trade

Bad for the Kings: Cousins is a franchise player. The fans come out to see him put up big numbers and even get behind him while he is temperamental. The Kings owners have always been about big dunks, fast paced games, and filling up the stands. Losing Cousins kills this. I don't believe that they are suddenly building a new franchise. But if so, Cousins AVERAGES a double-double with 30 points and can throw the assist when playing against good interior coverage. He is not a shot blocker but his presence alters the way opponents run offense. Why not try again to build it around him.

The more I hear about the Kings ownership the more awful I think they are. For instance, there is a lot of history and background covered here. The way it happened, so close to the deadline, it was almost as if the Kings management felt Cousins like a cancer that couldn't wait to be cut out.

It can really only be put down to idiocy by the Kings. Either (a) not seeing Cousins' value or (b) conducting yourself in such a way that you poison your relationship with Cousins, a man who definitely needs to be finessed and respected. Either way, this is terrible, stupid and awful.

Good for the Pelicans: They get those numbers. They still have nobody else of value on the team except Jrue Holiday, but this is a great start. Next season, pending careful handling of trading and drafting in the off season, expect them to be well over .500 and definitely right up in there at the top four. You could even think about staggering Cousins and AD so that you have a go-to, clutch, big-man playmaker on the court for the majority of the game.

Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 12:24 pm »

Also, all star sucked. All of it. There was nothing redeeming at all in there.

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 12:33 pm »

false: jarrius robertson was p good

-joey
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 06:24 pm »

also Shaq's snakeskin suit tho

if loving me is wrong, everybody is right
CatAstrophe
Gay Dolphin Sex
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 07:49 pm »

After the excitement of Russ and PG not breaking the All-Star scoring record the past two years, the way Davis did it was kind of a let down. Didn't get any of that tension or anything.

CatAstrophe
Gay Dolphin Sex
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 07:50 pm »

Also, I said this in sportschat but this season is really exciting in the sense that I feel like pretty much any of seeds 2-7 in their respective conferences have a shot a losing to the Warriors and Cavs in their conference finals.

Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 07:46 am »

are the Wizards for real?? should i get excited???

The Wizards are real alright... real goofy.

Anyway, Celtics-Cavs tonight was beautiful. Notable was LBJ being blocked by Thomas. The last 2 minutes was concentrated clutch play from both sides e.g.:

0:57: Korver redeems himself after 0-6 from range with a hustle 3 for the lead.
0:49: Thomas two feet out for the lead.
0:38: Irving still with delicate handles while smothered.

However Cavaliers then had several chances but failed to extend the game, e.g.:

0:23: Bradley with some incredible smothing defense on Irving.
0:20: D-Williams makes it to his opener but doesn't make the open game winner.

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 08:10 pm »

Also, I said this in sportschat but this season is really exciting in the sense that I feel like pretty much any of seeds 2-7 in their respective conferences have a shot a losing to the Warriors and Cavs in their conference finals.

maybe not! durant out for 4 weeks now, will warriors slip?

-joey
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length