Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 02:50 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  DARK SOULS 3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: DARK SOULS 3  (Read 6982 times)
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 09:43 am »

The Undead Settlement looks incredible, down to the naked Orkos. If you ever wanted to know what Orko from He-Man looks like nude, then buy this game.
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 12:16 pm »

It's amazing! Also today I smacked a giant tree in the balls a whole lot because fuck you, TREE

i love too laugh with, my pals on this web sight
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10 am »

So I decided to restart with a different character because I made some bad choices building my character and also upgrading my equipment. Spent ages on my first character looking for decent dual wielding weapons but if you start as a mercenary you get dual scimitars right from the beginning, which is WAY more fun. Especially since you Never. Use. Shields! anyway.

Shields are for cowards, guys.

Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 04:33 am »

I've ditched the shield too because they're next to useless in this game. Now my Squishy Assassin is dual-wielding a +3 Refined Longsword and an Estoc. I want a quick switch button to swap hands so I can juggle the weapon skills. A shield split with the estoc follwed up by a vertical thrust fom the longsword would fuck them Lothric knights up real good.
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 05:49 am »

I hardly ever use the special weapon skills at all really, so the only thing that annoys me about my current setup is that the scimitars have a shitty slash/cartwheel thing instead of a regular kick so shield-carrying enemies are a bit of a pain to deal with. But you can solve that by just rolling behind them and backstabbing, which works most of the time.

laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 05:51 am »

I mean I GUESS I could carry around a second right-hand weapon to switch to whenever i want to kick but that seems impractical and also my equip load is high enough really.

Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 07:13 am »

well I just got my face caved in by one of Gwyn's knights who's inexplicably parked himself in the middle of the Road of Sacrifices, so I tried the other direction and was set upon by a pair of Darkwraiths. There appears to be a portal to the first game in this area.
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 11:56 am »

I love how I can kill bosses and be a badass all round but still get wrecked by those fucking knights because OH GOD STOP ATTACKING FOR A SECOND OR AT LEAST GIVE ME AN OPENING okay I see an opening oops no 180 arc attack I'm dead as hell now fuck this game forever.

Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 01:14 pm »

My least favourite enemy in the game is that bobbleheaded gangly screaming thing at the top of the slope when you're going for the third fire in the swamp. Start at bonfire, trudge through poisonous mud, kill basilisk, get poisoned, kill basilisk, get cursed, kill basilisk, etc etc until you eventually make it onto dry land and this thing just casually pulls your head off.
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 04:03 pm »

Havent gotten to that yet (I'm in that area though) but fuck me are those birds ever annoying, screeching flapping pieces of shit

TheDarkFlame
Uselessness Personified
Fart Wizard

Go on. Touch it. You know you want to.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 08:40 pm »

My flatmate bought this game on PS4 so I have this game now. I'm not used to the not-Bloodborne combat (despite never really getting too far in that game), so I'm getting a lot of shit kicked out of me already. Killed a big crystal monster I found before the first boss, which was cool.

Also, while I agree with you guys that shields are arse and boring, my flatmate can't help but "encourage" me, insisting that all my problems will be sorted if I just get a 100%-physical shield and hide behind that all day. Anything good I should look out for early on that isn't a fucking shield?

Rolling all the ones, forever.
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 12:06 am »

fuck the haters, rolling around like a jackass is fun but playing a shield & counterhit game is legitimate and fun.

suck it laktose, shieldist, ur the real coward...afraid to accept any ideas that are not your own

if loving me is wrong, everybody is right
nameinuse2
Captain Nice!
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 07:39 am »

This has convinced me to dual shield instead of dual wield.
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 11:13 am »

JUST START OFF AS A MERCENARY AND DUAL WIELD THEM BAD BOYS ALL DAY LONG also fuck giant crabs motherfuckers can't even be cheesed

Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 06:28 am »

my flatmate can't help but "encourage" me, insisting that all my problems will be sorted if I just get a 100%-physical shield and hide behind that all day.

Tried that at first (you can just buy the eagle crest shield from the Handmaiden) but a significant minority of enemies can swipe it out of the way and one-shot you. I'd get one for the catacombs but I can't see a way to get through this game without hella tight dodging skills.
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2016, 01:03 pm »

Oh my God Irithyll looks unbelievable
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2016, 01:08 pm »

look at me. LOOK AT ME
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2016, 02:10 pm »

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice

Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 02:58 pm »

urgh that thing the hand for a face
Joseph Nistal
Shogun
Admin

lep

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2016, 06:52 pm »

Pyromancy is still just as great as ever. Although my Estoc is still fucked in terms of scaling with my low-as-hell dex, especially when going through scorching lake where my newly-discovered fire buff meant little to nothing against all the other enemies.

Jokes on the rest of the game though, I braved the lava and got the grabby hand pyromancy that can stun-lock most humanoid enemies.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:50 am by Joseph Nistal » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length