Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 07:56 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Food
| | |-+  Cool Kitchen Devices.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cool Kitchen Devices.  (Read 5720 times)
Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2015, 07:10 am »

Guys, I just found out about this really cool and weird kitchen device. It is called a garlic press. Basically, instead of chopping cloves of garlic for 5 minutes, you put them in here and press on them and then your garlic is diced up, in less than seconds.

How have I not heard about this technology before? I am thinking about all of those 5 minute blocks I have wasted chopping garlic and I'm really starting to have some regrets.

So, this gets me to thinking... what other cool devices can save me time in the kitchen? Which kitchen devices/machines do you use that I may have not heard of before?

i came up in this world so cold. that's why my heart's on froze
Metsfan
Book Smart

I like to get intimate with inanimate inmates.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 11:25 am »

I have one of these they are amazing. The garlic gets so compressed it shits out the garlic like a vampire repelling sneeze. I spray garlic into most everything I cook now.

Won't somebody think of the nerds?
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 01:44 pm »

How do you get garlic off your garlic press???

Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 03:16 pm »

You buy a garlic press brush
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 03:23 pm »

those are yesterdays old news

in the future we use these
Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 05:55 pm »

I have one of these they are amazing. The garlic gets so compressed it shits out the garlic like a vampire repelling sneeze. I spray garlic into most everything I cook now.

You would think it would come out stringy like pasta but instead it comes out diced.

How do you get garlic off your garlic press???

Better on the press than on my hands for the next 2 days! I think a deep soak is adequate.

those are yesterdays old news

in the future we use these

BSAM WHAT IS THIS?? I MUST KNOW

i came up in this world so cold. that's why my heart's on froze
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 12:59 pm »

Royal VKB's Garlic Crusher is an innovation of the traditional garlic press. The usual impractical shape is a small container with little holes, which get clogged up and then it's a terrible job to clean it.

With this Garlic Crusher, you simply crush the garlic clove with the flat side and then spread out the contents by rolling over it. The crusher is also suitable for ginger, nuts and fresh herbs. Afterwards, you clean the Crusher by simply rinsing it under running water. At the same time, the Crusher will act as stainless steel soap and remove the smell of the garlic from your hands. The Garlic Crusher is made of high-quality stainless steel.

My parents got one as a gift a little while back, and it was paired with one of these, which it fit inside of delightfully.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zp69ZMw1c4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zp69ZMw1c4</a>
evilspud
Street Smart

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 01:23 pm »

You can peel two or three whole bulbs of garlic at once just by tossing the bulbs in a bowl, covering the bowl and giving it a good rustlin' for about 30 seconds.  I like to do that to save time, and the garlic keeps fine in the fridge as long as I'm storing it in one of these puppies:

These are the greatest airtight containers I have ever had the pleasure of using.  In addition to the garlic, I've got another one that's been keeping a few handfuls of dried Arbol chilies pungent for about six months.  Sturdy as a nalgene, too.

They're expensive though, but Costco carries a pretty great 8-pack for about fifty bucks, and that'll cover your flour, sugar, rice, and then you have five more to keep whatever you want.   

C'mon stop being a dick just screenshot the best bits for us.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 05:58 pm »

i bought an immersion blender. what should I immerse it in?
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 07:33 pm »

Garlic.

Author

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 09:10 pm »

ice cream
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 11:12 pm »

I just got one of these suckers, they are quite neat, pressure cooker/rice cooker/slow cooker. Make a dang stew in <1 hour.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 11:20 pm »

If you wanna make rad cuban sandwiches (you should,) pressure cookers are perfect for it.
evilspud
Street Smart

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 12:21 pm »

I could go for some instant pot right now.

Ishliquor
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Fives at High Sucking.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 06:48 pm »

i bought an immersion blender. what should I immerse it in?

Soup, salsa (ie non-chunky ones, doy) and while not as good perhaps as a food processor for the job, I recently made some rocket pesto with one. I say "perhaps" as the less fine control of a stick blender did give a smoother texture than the food processor I learned on (aesthetics), it did require about 1/3 less olive oil to get to a useable state (whatever).

Actually, rereading the recipe, I just did everything at once before adding the oil rather than the step-wise process outlined below. Either way was pretty fucking tasty so here it is:

2 cloves garlic
2 large cups of rocket (just remembered some of you will know it as arugula)
55g/2oz pinenuts
55g/2oz parmesan, grated
150mls/1/4 pint extra virgin olive oil
salt and lemon juice

Another addendum: I think UK vs US ounces only differ for fluids, but to be clear, this is a UK recipe. Pints definitely differ, but not by much.

Step 1) In a blender or mortar, grind the garlic and rocket together to a paste
Step 2) Add the nuts and cheese and process again. Add the oil. Season with salt and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
Step 3) Keep in a cover jar in a cool place.

And finally, to bring it back to garlic; I don't have one of these, but it looks to me to probably be the best of all worlds. Cuts out the meticulousness required with a knife, much cheaper than the roller thing, and easier to clean than a press:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxK5Aderzgw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxK5Aderzgw</a>

Seeking a vomitorium from the arena of the unwell.
CatAstrophe
Gay Dolphin Sex
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 08:19 pm »

fermun I have one and I am in love. Like, I am pretty sure this is why I cannot sustain a romantic relationship as no man can possibly measure up to it.

fermun   haha, if killing babies offends you, this may not be the show for you
evilspud
Street Smart

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 04:32 pm »

My immersion blender just came in today and i am friggen pumped to make different rubs and marinades. And it comes with a food processor attachment!!

Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 07:43 am »

i have a slow cooker

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length