Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 25, 2017, 12:34 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Let's Play Star Wars: Imperial Assault
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print
Poll
Question: Who should the forum be?
An old dude?   -0 (0%)
A jedi with those brain tube things?   -2 (16.7%)
A big dumb wookie?   -10 (83.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Let's Play Star Wars: Imperial Assault  (Read 27478 times)
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2015, 05:05 pm »

Alright, so I recently bought Star Wars: Imperial Assault, and it's great. It is also simple enough to play and includes no hidden information from the player running the Imperials in its quite rad and large campaign, so it is perfectly made for a forum game.

So, I'll be running a campaign playing as the Imperials, while the heroic Rebel side will have four players. The first three heroes will be played by specific forum members (BSam, Joey and Jerbwyn) while the fourth will be controlled by the forum on a first-come, first-serve basis, like Roll in the Let's Fudge campaign (my mental juices are too taxed to be writing creatively for that, right now. Sorry.)

I'll have a bit more with rules (they're super simple) later tonight when I'm off work, but I wanted to get something up now because I'm excited to get this going. In the meantime, here is the starter guide if anyone is interested in reading up now. The only important thing is nobody is allowed to read the campaign book but the Imperial, so if you intend to contribute to the forum player (or are one of the three) don't read that.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 05:05 pm »

Rules Post

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:11 am by SteelFan714 » Logged
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 05:05 pm »

Current Mission Post - Aftermath (Threat Level 2)

Arriving at the outpost, you immediately open fire upon the troops standing guard.

You suspect they knew you were coming and that you're likely walking into an ambush. All the same, with the signal continuing to broadcast there just isn't time for a more subtle approach.

Mission Rules
  • A Rebel figure can attack a terminal (Health 4, Defense 1). Apply +1 Defense to the terminal's defense if it is adjacent to 1 or more Imperial figures.
  • Doors are locked to Imperial figures.
  • The mission ends when all terminals are destroyed (Rebel goal), at the end of Round 6, or when all heroes are wounded.

Current Map (Turn 3)

Current Status (Exhausted)

Imperials (Threat = 0)
Red Stormtroopers (0 active) - Health 3; Speed 4; Defense ■; Attack
 - Squad Training: May reroll 1 Attack die if adjacent to a friendly Trooper
 - Spend 1 Surge for +1 Damage; Spend 1 Surge for +2 Accuracy

Yellow Probe Droid - Health 5; Speed 3; Defense ■; Attack
 - Self-Destruct: At the end of a round, you may roll 1 red die, dealing damage to all adjacent figures and objects.
 - Spend 1 Surge for +1 Damage; Spend 1 Surge for +1 Pierce; Spend 1 Surge to recover 1 Health
 - Mobile -Ignores any movement restrictions

Orange Imperial Officer - Health 3; Speed 4; Defense ; Attack
 - Order: Choose another friendly unit within 2 space to perform an interrupt movement.
 - Cower: May reroll a defense die when adjacent to a friendly figure.
 - Spend 1 Surge for +1 Damage; Spend 1 Surge for +2 Accuracy; Spend 1 Surge for Focus
Blue Stormtroopers (3 active) - Health 3; Speed 4; Defense ■; Attack
 - Squad Training: May reroll 1 Attack die if adjacent to a friendly Trooper
 - Spend 1 Surge for +1 Damage; Spend 1 Surge for +2 Accuracy
Purple Imperial Officer - Health 3; Speed 4; Defense ; Attack Focused
 - Order: Choose another friendly unit within 2 space to perform an interrupt movement.
 - Cower: May reroll a defense die when adjacent to a friendly figure.
 - Spend 1 Surge for +1 Damage; Spend 1 Surge for +2 Accuracy; Spend 1 Surge for Focus
Green E-Webb Engineer - Health 5; Speed 2; Defense ■; Attack
 - Tripod: During your activation, you cannot voluntarily exit your space if you attack, and you cannot attack if you exit your space.
 - Assault: You can perform multiple attacks each activation
 - +3 Accuracy
 - Spend 1 Surge to Recover 2 Damage; Spend 1 Surge for +1 Damage
Show of Force - Exhaust this card when an Imperial figure declares an attack. That figure becomes focused.

Rebels
Fenn Signis (BSam) - Health 12, Endurance 4 3, Speed 4 3, Defense ■
 - Weapon: Infantry Rifle ; 1 Surge for +1 Damage; 1 Surge for +1 Accuracy
 - Havoc Shot: Spend 1 Strain while using a ranged weapon. Attack gains Blast 1
- Lone Wolf: At the end of your activation, if there are no friendly figures adjacent to Fenn, recover 1 Strain
- Tests: Physical ; Awareness; Technical

Jyn Odan (Joey) - Health 10, Endurance 4 3, Speed 5 4, Defense
Weapon: Vintage Blaster ; 1 Surge for +1 Damage; 1 Surge for +1 Accuracy
 - Quick Draw: Spend 2 Strain at the start of a hostile figure's activation. Interrupt to perform an attack with a pistol targeting that figure. Limit once per round.
- Opportunist: After you resolve an attack, if the target sufered 1 or more damage, move 1 space.
 - Tests: Physical ; Awareness; Technical [/s]
SUPPLY: Emergency Medpac - Discard after resting and you or an adjacent hero heals 5 damage.

Mak Eshka'rey (Open) - Health 10, Endurance 5, Speed 4, Defense
Weapon: Longblaster ; 1 Surge for +1 Damage; 1 Surge for +1 Pierce
 - Ambush: Spend 1 Strain when you declare an attack targeting a figure that does not have line of sight to you. This attack gains Pierce 2.
 - Covert: Hostile figures 4 or more spaces away from you do not have line of sight to you. You do not block line of sight for those figures.

Gaarkhan (JRB) - Health 14, Endurance 4, Speed 4, Defense ■
Weapon: Vibro Ax ; 1 Surge for +1 Pierce; 1 Surge for +1 Cleave
 - Charge: Spend 2 Strain to move a number of spaces up to your speed. Then, you may perform an attack with a melee weapon.
 - Rage: After an attack targeting you is resolved, if you suffered 3 or more damage, you become focused.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:40 pm by SteelFan714 » Logged
jimbob
AKA Billy
Fart Robot

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 08:41 pm »

Reserved

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 11:35 pm »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

this me

-joey
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 11:37 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY</a>

also this, but less so

-joey
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 12:19 am »

So, Sam, Joey and Jerbwyn have chosen their characters, but we still need to pick the forum player. The options are:

Poll at the top.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 06:02 am »

let the wookie win
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 08:16 am »

With votes at 5 to 0 to 0, I've given the forum the wookie. I have the mission post up. I think it has all the info we'll need to play, but the first mission may be a bit of a learn as we go thing. I'll be editing rules into the first post, and campaign status into the second at some point today. Also, for dice notation, I'm using pink for white dice, because white doesn't show on the forums.

Also, Sam has played the first mission or two, but if he remembers any of the surprises I've asked him not to share. Similarly, if the campaign book is online, I ask anyone playing not to read it to see what's ahead.

EDIT: Also, players need to put their heroes on the board. You must go as close as possible to the start point (blue icon) so that means one hero on it and three others in the five adjacent spaces. First come, first serve.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 08:28 am »

The wookie should be on it. Suck it other guys.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 09:42 am »

Updated the mission thread to have weapons and Imperial unit info. Also, rules are in the second post now. Once the three permanent heroes place their guys we can start.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 12:18 pm »

Can you show us the cards for characters the other dudes are controlling? Gotta make sure they aren't as cool as the wookie.
BSam
Wikipedia Nazi Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 07:14 pm »

i'll take diagonally down and left space from the start point
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 07:17 pm »

im diagonal down to the right

-joey
Jerbwyn
Dr. Internet
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 07:20 pm »

directly to the left thank you please

[15:30] <Ryzhaya> this guy seems alright
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 07:27 am »

Cool, so we are good to go. The Rebels go first. For this, I'm going to take any post here in the thread as being by the active player and execute it, so if you have a turn where who goes first is important be sure to discuss that so nobody goes out of turn.

My computer died last night, so I'll have the picture updated just as soon as I get this new one set up and transfer over the files. In the meantime, if the first move comes before I leave for work I'll update on the physical version of it in my room and take a picture as a temp thing.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 07:47 am »

So hypothetically could the Wookie charge that first stormtrooper and then follow up with an attack if it doesn't die? Or move out of the line of fire if it does?

If so, let's do that.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
BSam
Wikipedia Nazi Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 07:49 am »

yes, i'm not 100% but i think he can charge to the lower left of the first oen, so if that does die he can then attack the one below that space.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 08:02 am »

You are both correct.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile