Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 12:52 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Science! and Sports
| | |-+  NBA 2014-15
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: NBA 2014-15  (Read 11928 times)
Chronicles
Recovering Alcoholic

Friend of the Future

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 09:53 am »

Now that brackets are viewable, out of 14 contestants we've got:

5 that say Warriors over Cavs
4 that say Warriors over Hawks
2 that say Hawks over Warriors
1 that says Warriors over Bulls
1 that says Spurs over Hawks
1 that says Cavs over Spurs

JMD
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Creepin while you're sleepin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 04:08 pm »

Watching Chris Paul lose is absolutely wonderful

https://vine.co/v/eaTVPWHFYZK

There are only 2 meanings for troll. 1) Fishing and 2) Sing carefree.
Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 11:50 pm »

I wanted to tell you about my bracket competition but i couldn't find you on twitter anymore

i came up in this world so cold. that's why my heart's on froze
JMD
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 12:06 am »

Its cool I haven't been online much recently.

The Pelicans just lost in ot after having a 20 point lead going into the fourth. I kind of feel bad for them because I wanted to see some competitive first round series but it was a brutal choke job. I can't remember the last time I saw a team get abused on the offensive boards like that.

88FingersLouie
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Back to Abnormal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 12:13 am »

Christ I hate the Bulls, the Bucks missed two game winning shots. Now we're gonna get swept.

Jesus this has been a rough year all around for ol' Wisco sports.

Your mother is so fat, she couldn't fit on a FAT32 file system. We solved the problem by upgrading to a more modern format, but sadly it's acronym does not lend itself to this joke.
Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 06:08 am »

That last shot of regulation for the Bucks was a horrible blunder. They really needed to try for the high percentage shot. I know it was Middleton and he was hot all night from that range, but it was contested and they needed only 1 point. I wanted to see Antetokounmpo around the key taking major contact on a contested jumper. Even if it was the obvious choice, it was the right one. If he couldn't find it Middleton was OK but not at that range with that much coverage. Bulls defense is pretty much always incredible but that screwup is completely on the Bucks.

I have not seen much of the Bucks but one weakness that was highlighted in that sequence is their ability to end quarters.

Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 06:16 am »

Today's games were incredible btw. I haven't had so much fun on a gameday since before the All Star break.

JMD
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 12:58 pm »

Bucks are a classic early round out team that plays with a good teamwork and a ton of effort but don't have the overall talent to compete with higher seeds.

88FingersLouie
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Back to Abnormal

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 03:02 pm »

It didn't help that MCW held onto the ball for a good 10 seconds before dishing it out to Middleton with like 3 seconds left. Or maybe that was the first OT, I don't quite remember. Either way they should have given to the Giannis to see if he could sink it or at least get a foul.

Yeah the Bucks don't have the talent to hang with the Bulls, but it'd be nice to see them sneak out a win or two. Oh well. The fact that they made the 6th seed after only winning 15 games last year is still damn impressive. This team is being built for the future, this season was never the point. Need a big man and they need Jabari to come back 100%.

But nevertheless, last nights game was all theirs and they blew it.

Your mother is so fat, she couldn't fit on a FAT32 file system. We solved the problem by upgrading to a more modern format, but sadly it's acronym does not lend itself to this joke.
JMD
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2015, 03:51 pm »

The Bucks will be very good in the next few seasons. I really like their young talent and MCW is especially intriguing to me. So far through his first seasons hes been absolutely awful but I feel that he has too much natural talent to not succeed in the league, especially with Jason  Kidd hopefully tutoring him to make some smarter decisions with the ball.

codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2015, 12:21 pm »

So just about everyone is getting swept in the first round which is fun I guess

When I was 16 I got so drunk that I shit myself in a sleeping bag.
JMD
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2015, 02:37 pm »

Yea but only the raps have the honor of  getting swept as a higher seed.

codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2015, 07:53 pm »

#WeTheWorst

When I was 16 I got so drunk that I shit myself in a sleeping bag.
88FingersLouie
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Back to Abnormal

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2015, 08:50 pm »

So just about everyone is getting swept in the first round which is fun I guess

But not the Bucks. Not the Bucks.

Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 04:05 am »

ahhhhhhhhhhh i couldn't watch bucks-bulls game 4 due to work and i just saw the spoiler on facebook god damn that would have been a nice surprise

Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2015, 12:28 am »

We're nearly at the end of Round 1 and I'll have the bracket leaderboard up at some point before the round is completed despite my innate laziness, I hope.  Before we see the scores, how do we think our predictions are shaping up?  My bracket is certainly not going to plan so far.

I had Raptors in the Raptors-Wizards series, and I am very confident that both of those first two games would be Raptors wins if Lowry had not got into foul trouble.  I'm thinking back to the end of the season and Washington were dropping off, while Raptors were staying pretty consistent, so I don't think in retrospect I would have changed my decision had I put more thought into it, but it is certainly not playing out like I thought.  Props to you if you picked Washington.  The other teams in the east all seem spot on, but I didn't pick my sweeps right, and I was banking on at least identifying one sweep correctly in each conference.

In the west, I figured there would be a few Texas derbies and they'd all go really close.  Dallas are lagging a little behind where I want them to be in the Rockets series, in order to get me points for the correct score.  I was hoping that Warriors would let their guard down and Pelicans would snag that one win, but the way Warriors have been playing all season that was probably too big a gamble.  The Spurs-Clippers series is going closest to my prediction, and I'm pretty confident in my chances of Spurs grabbing the next two games.  But the series is so exciting that I won't mind if it goes to 7.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:38 am by Nicol » Logged

CatAstrophe
Gay Dolphin Sex
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2015, 12:44 am »

I'm not gonna even talk about the west because I was having some hopeful delusions having the Clippers go to the conference finals. I think they still have a chance, but it is the slimmest chance. Series is tied, they have two games that they beat the Spurs by double digits (or almost, was the last game by 9?) one game that was very close, and one game that was not actually a game but an embarrassment that their grandkids need to be reminded about. If Friday's game had not been as fucked as it was they would be looking alright on paper.

I guess I lied, I did talk about the west.

I was talking about this with Nicol earlier, but with Love and Smith out I am feeling a bit hopeful that the Bulls will beat the Cavs (which goes against my bracket but goes with my personal preference so I am okay with it). I would actually like to see a Warriors - Bulls championship quite a bit. I don't think the Hawks will make it to the finals no matter who they are up against in the conference.

fermun   haha, if killing babies offends you, this may not be the show for you
Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2015, 01:07 am »

I'm with you on the Hawks.  

One could argue that their sharing team-style play (in which only once has a player scored 30 points or more this season) protects them against one or two players not turning up for a game here and there.  It also allowed them to rest players before the playoffs, giving them a big advantage on their fatigued opponents.  This kind of team, after all, is basically San Antionio in recent years and they were successful as hell.  

Despite these ideas, I have naver felt that Atlanta would have much success during the playoffs.  Whenever a team comes from out of nowhere like Atlanta did this season, it doesn't really give me much confidence in their ability to really stick in there in a seven game series where things really come down to strategy and adjustments.  The Warriors, who I think will win, however, have had essentially the same unit with minor personnell shifts over the last few years, and have been gradually improving to their current form, rather than just appearing at the new season big and better (even though they also did do this).  It felt like they were a dark horse for the championship in the last few years, so they must have the confidence to do it now.

Even more concerning as far as Atlanta goes, (I haven't really been paying close attention to Atlanta so didn't pick up on this; Joey was explaining this to us earlier) is that they have really dropped their defense and scoring in the last few weeks.  Whether that's a sign of nerves, fatigue, or a lack of strategy, it does not bode well for them this season.

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2015, 01:33 am »

i am drunk and i have basketball oponions!

east

hawks/nets:
hawks had a good scoring season, averaged in a little over 100ppg, but post allstar they were fairly inconsistat, and in the first three games they were still struggling. tonight more shots fell for them, and it took the nets working their lineup overtime to bring to overtime. hawks go on to win, but if wizards continue on their goodness, the hawks need to step up or lose in 6, so i am worried abotu that

wizards/raptors:
lol @ all yall who picked raptors, i thought they would put up a bit better fight, but any team from toronto is doomed to be disapointing

bulls/bucks:
i would not hace picked this one to be the second most entertaining series this round. milwalkee is showing well, not getting that sweep prediction points but i am enjoyng watching it. as for serieswise now, bulls should have had it earlier, but they slacked off and it made tonight an actual game, but should get their shit sorted

cavs/celtics:
celtics tieing the season series 2/2 is why i gave them 1 win in post, they had a good game 2 but then lebron came out late and ended that hope for me. i predicted cavs losing to bulls in my bracket, and while love being out is a dampen on the excitement, jr being out should be longer, the git. i am still thinking i am right

west

warriars/pelicans
i thought about giving pelicans 1, and if brackets were editable i would have, but they arent so i didnt. game two here gave me the most worry they wouldget a win, because game 1 was a thorough beating but 2 was a holding off. and game three shows why i think they will win it all. i can remember three games off my head this season when they started well, trailed off, then in the last half of quarter4 made up a double digit lead to win by 8 or more. its like they suddeny decide to win after all

blazers/grizz:
i am gladd it was not a sweep, portland wont win in memphis in their state though. too many late injuries made for a postseries start without as strong of team connectivity, and conley being out doubles my thinking the grizz stand no chance next round

clippers/spurs:

last year griffin was hit in the dick in game four of a series, and they lost that series

mavs/rockets:
if mavs hadnt lost two guys, i think they wouldve won both those dallas games. and win you score 130 points and still only win by 2, it says something about your defense that better teams should be able to work with next round

your welcome

-joey
JMD
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2015, 03:15 pm »

It sucks that Clippers/Spurs is a first round series, in my mind they are the second and third best teams in the playoffs. The winner of that series vs GS in the WCF will basically be the finals

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length