Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 25, 2017, 08:26 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Let's FUDGE Together
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print
Author Topic: Let's FUDGE Together  (Read 27231 times)
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 22, 2016, 02:23 pm »

is any part of us not broken

-joey
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 22, 2016, 03:15 pm »

One of your legs.
Demha
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 22, 2016, 03:54 pm »

Kick the nearest bugbear.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 22, 2016, 04:45 pm »

Grabbing hold of the club it swings it out desperately at the hound, but is so depleted the momentum causes the beast to topple to the ground. Staggering shakily to his feet, Roll hops on one foot then shoots the foot forward, gently nudging the bugbear’s skull before falling to the ground. While the kick does little, the attacks from Marsh and Barkface find more purchase as the bugbear is beaten into a nearly immobile husk in the road.

Still dominating against the captain, Helen pulls out her Dagger. Jamming it into the axe-wielder’s skull, she withdraws it and flings the weapon between the eyes of the clubber, ceasing its futile attempts to once again right itself.

So, the Bugbears are dead, but your poor luck on random encounter rolls and poorer decision making is really starting to add up. Roll is now beyond Marsh's healing capabilities in any way, and will need either magical or medical intervention to recover back to something vaguely functional. The party will now also be quite slowed by his broken leg.

On the bright side, Marsh is now Mediocre at his Force Bolt, and Barkface is Fair in combat, so the rest of the team sucks less.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 22, 2016, 06:59 pm »

Can the healing potion get us back on our feet or so we have to make it to town. How many spaces do we have to go?

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 22, 2016, 07:21 pm »

I'd love to answer those questions, but, you know, Roll has no idea on both counts. Marsh seems to think the potion would be pretty useful, but has never seen one in practice before to know to what extent and thus when it would be most useful. As for how far to home, the best Roll can muster is to pick a direction at the fork and hope.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 22, 2016, 08:07 pm »

Well let's buttchug the potion and take the fork with fewer trees.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 22, 2016, 08:50 pm »

roll is great at picking directions

-joey
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2016, 09:44 pm »

The battle is won, but the effects of several days in the woods are taking their toll on Roll.

“My ass,” he moans. “My aaaaaassssss.”

“You hurt your burt?” Marsh asks.

“No,” Roll spits out, rolling his eyes hard. “We have to put the potion in my ass.”

“That’s… that’s not how this works. You just have to dri-”

“My ass!”

“Helen, can you try to talk some se-”

“On it,” Helen says, before placing a knee on Roll’s stomach and framing her hands on his chin and forehead. Prying his mouth open she turns to Marsh. “Well, get on with it.”

Marsh fishes around in Roll’s bag, finds the potion and pours it down Roll’s throat. He attempts to spit it out but is denied by Helen’s hand clamping down over his mouth.

Nothing happens.

Until it does.

“AUUUUGGGGGGHHH,” Roll screams out, as if every bone in his limbs was burning him from the inside out. “It feels like every bone in my limbs is burning me from the inside out!”

The pain is excruciating and lasts for several minutes as the bones in Roll’s body heal themselves. Finally, it ceases, and he takes an unsteady step up to his feet. Everything feels as good as new. After a few final test hops, Roll points down the left path.

“This way!”

The sun is nearing its peak when the group comes to a junction. The road they have been traveling on has run into a larger, better kept road. This second road has been worn flat and packed hard from use, and appears significantly wider for as far as the eye can see in either direction, which is quite a ways in both cases. The road cuts across the travelers', creating a four-way intersection.

The group notices four men at the junction as they approach, and one stands up and breaks free from his friends as the group nears.

“Evening, there,” he shouts to them. “Don’t see folks coming from down there very often. Where might you be coming from?”

Nobody in the group detects any open hostility from the men, but, perhaps through some innate sense perhaps through simple paranoia from the road, Roll does feel a tinge of uneasiness. Face and Helen are similarly cautious, hackles slightly raised and hand on hilt, respectively. Only Marsh seems completely at ease with the men. Also, you have about 3 days rations remaining, should you maintain normal rations and not find outside food.
Demha
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 22, 2016, 10:37 pm »

They try to pass themselves off as harmless traveling minstrels, just coming through. Roll offers to do some tricks in exchange for supplies.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 23, 2016, 06:07 am »

You know, this clearly marked, straight as an arrow road on the map certainly has a lot of twists, turns and intersections worth of uncertainty to it.

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 23, 2016, 04:55 pm »

it also has a significantly higher amount of swamps and lakes than the path roll thinks he's on

-joey
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 23, 2016, 04:56 pm »

higher meaning any at all

-joey
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 23, 2016, 05:25 pm »

Are you guys implying that maybe, just maybe, Roll has gotten the party hopelessly lost?

Anyhow, flowery will have to wait, but Roll attempts to sell the story of the group being minstrels and the man asks what the big lass does in the troupe.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2016, 05:30 pm »

what, no, i said roll is great at picking directions, but i think your map is broken

-joey
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2016, 06:58 pm »

The big lass is our security. We're on our way to a show but we're about to get hella paid and don't want to be waylaid on the way home. In fact we're due to perform in lizard mound in three days. Can you point us on the right path?

Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2016, 07:05 pm »

She also helps train the dog *wink suggestively*.

SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 23, 2016, 07:23 pm »

He says that's pretty cool, he an his buddies are actually a musical troupe, themselves and could use a good bodyguard sometimes. He asks to see Helen's sword, and the knight sternly declines. He is about 30 feet away now and his two compatriots are also approaching, waving.
Demha
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 23, 2016, 07:28 pm »

Roll improvises a song and dance number.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 23, 2016, 10:02 pm »

Does roll recognize any of their assess?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length