Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 07:53 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Dumbtown
| | |-+  jrb says "up yours, obama"
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: jrb says "up yours, obama"  (Read 8967 times)
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:19 am »

Obama enters the fray.  HAD to overcome.  We're done overcoming racial subjugation?  What a fucking racist.

"It is a question I ask myself -- as a man and as a president. We know that like South Africa, the United States had to overcome centuries of racial subjugation. As was true here, it took sacrifice -- the sacrifices of countless people, known and unknown -- to see the dawn of a new day."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:25 pm by Kybard » Logged

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
Honest Abe
Chairman, Pug Club Local 80085
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

join pug club! ask me how!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:01 am »

oh god fucking kill yourself
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:28 am »

He means slavery, JRB.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 12:18 pm »

He means slavery, JRB.

And maybe the RNC meant legalized segregation and explicit discrimination by "racism." I mean this is abbreviation for Twitter, not a time-limit-free eulogy, right?

Seriously, fuck the RNC, I don't give a shit about those dudes. I do give a shit about hyper-politicizing even their most non-controversial statements and parsing everything that comes out of their mouth in the most prejudicial way possible.  It's nothing but polarizing ego-stroking about how much better we enlightened non-racists are than those old doofuses.  It trivializes the actual bad shit that the RNC trumpets. At best, you're poking fun at their use of English. At worst, you're calling them racists based on your narrow interpretation of what they probably subconsciously meant by a pretty forgettable statement on fucking Twitter.

That kind of behavior is arrogant and horrible, and I don't see any reason why the little kiddies doing it shouldn't be told to grow up. If the goal is to get the RNC to grow up, resorting to childish behavior isn't likely to produce results.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
Honest Abe
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 12:51 pm »

Seriously, fuck the RNC, I don't give a shit about those dudes.

then don't be an apologetic turd when they do something shitty like attempt to appropriate civil rights as their cause and in the process do something that passes the sniff test of privileged ignorance of the history of the fight for civil rights and race relations you disingenuous prick.

you're doing nothing but parading your own privilege and lack of understanding when your first response to this is SEE THEY DO IT TOOOOOOO

fucking drown yourself
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 12:56 pm »

And maybe the RNC meant legalized segregation and explicit discrimination by "racism." I mean this is abbreviation for Twitter, not a time-limit-free eulogy, right?

Twitter is time limit free too. You can take as long as you need to pick the words you want to use before you tweet. That tweet is 98 characters long so, uh, no excuse there, really.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 01:08 pm »

you're doing nothing but parading your own privilege and lack of understanding when your first response to this is SEE THEY DO IT TOOOOOOO

There's a difference between "they do it too" and "you're engaging in counterproductive argument."

Honest Abe
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 01:10 pm »

up yours jrb
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 01:11 pm »

who are we arguing against here in this thread on dragon mountain

Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 01:25 pm »

[ At best, you're poking fun at their use of English. At worst, you're calling them racists based on your narrow interpretation of what they probably subconsciously meant by a pretty forgettable statement on fucking Twitter.

I think the problem here is your understanding of English. You don't see how the first remark is racist (we can discuss if its casually or overtly or whatever, but it is) and then misinterpreted the second thing as racism (because you didn't follow what it said because of either fervor to reinterpret the first thing or racism) and that led you to here, being wrong.

The lesson here is English is important. It makes it clear when people are saying dumb racist things or not, because of communication. Lets all hug an English teacher.
norumaru
Columns: 2, Pillars: 4,

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 01:28 pm »

To be fair, Obama has a long standing history of casual racism and trivializing issues of people of colour, while the RNC has been either quiet or largely sensible about it

Don't discriminate, you retards, racism is gay
Honest Abe
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 01:31 pm »

[ At worst, you're calling them racists based on your narrow interpretation of what they probably subconsciously meant by a pretty forgettable statement on fucking Twitter.

I think the problem here is your understanding of English. You don't see how the first remark is racist (we can discuss if its casually or overtly or whatever, but it is) and then misinterpreted the second thing as racism (because you didn't follow what it said because of either fervor to reinterpret the first thing or racism) and that led you to here, being wrong.

The lesson here is English is important. It makes it clear when people are saying dumb racist things or not, because of communication. Lets all hug an English teacher.

also, they're being called racist because the gop is racist as fuuuuuuuck. we didn't need a dumb twitter post to get there, it just helps drive the point home
TheDarkFlame
Uselessness Personified
Fart Wizard

Go on. Touch it. You know you want to.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 02:34 pm »

Let me get this right, because I sometimes forget to think things through and get distracted by irrelevant thoughts. So, you're calling Obama a racist. And you're not actually calling Obama a racist because you think he's a racist, you're using it as a rhetorical device to show how keen people are to call Republican groups racist. Is that about right? Because that's not just wrong but also pretty damn vindictive, given we're talking about something as serious and unpleasant as racism here.

These groups that get mentioned, be it Fox News or Republican senators or influential think-tanks or whoever else, are often overtly racist as all fuck, or otherwise guilty of the specific brand of disgusting stupidity they're being accused of at the time. Be it throwing up and supporting restrictive voter-ID initiatives that limit the actions of the poor and minorities, forcing women to submit themselves to very invasive ultrasound scans if they want to avoid an easily-avoidable but life-changing decision, or just plain insisting that the Earth is there to be strip-mined of all resources, Republican groups have shown time and again that they are fucking horrible people in any number of ways.

The RNC can't claim that racism is over when they are propagating racism to score political points, but they are, because they want to salvage their image by showing themselves to be empathetic to the plight of minorities, a view that completely counteracts their actions and policies. And you're ignoring all that context and all that disgusting behaviour to throw the same accusations at someone who really does not deserve them.

Come on JRB, how can you not see the difference. Look at how they've reacted to Obama. Doing anything to make him a one-term president? Refusing to agree to any negotiation or concession? Okay, completely mental, but could maybe happen to other candidates. That's just particularly shitty politics. But then there's the other stuff. Can you excuse them for whipping up their audience over things like his birth certificate, his middle name, or him having eaten dog in Indonesia?

This is all to question his veracity by making him Not One Of Us. You know they wouldn't get away with that shit, hell they wouldn't even be able to consider that shit, if he weren't a black guy. They would be laughed out of the country if they tried to tackle a President Romney with "Willard? What a dumb name, eh? He doesn't look like an American to me!" and similar idiotic tactics.

I seriously want to hear whatever logic went into your post, because damn, dude, look at what you said. I would be disgraced if I came up with something like that.

Rolling all the ones, forever.
Zach
Artist, Allusionist, Ape
Admin

Human, all too human

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 09:22 pm »

Seriously, JRB. Just kill yourself.

EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 09:39 pm »

DRAMA
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 10:26 pm »

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 12:51 am »

If the RNC wanted to specify racial segregation, they would have done so. By saying that racism has ended, they're sending an implicit message that federal policies to address racism are unnecessary. It's no coincidence that this is also the party of the Southern Strategy, which is essentially politicised racism.

So yeah, pull your head out of your arse, JRB.

yowhound
Sucks at High Fiving

Fuck, yeah

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 04:59 am »

Jesus. Get it fucking right.

Both major filibusters against the Civil Rights Act were done by Democrats, including a near 15 hour filibuster by Sen. Byrd - a Dem who also happened to be a grand dragon (or whatever the fuck they are called) in the KKK. The other was supported by Strom Thurmond who stated of the bill:

"This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary, unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress."

So - Radical Republicans dared suggest that black people can vote and have actual rights.

Gitro
Sucks at High Fiving

Feminazi Manhater

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 05:51 am »

Things Never Change.

Australia has a serious gap in its defence against timber refugee boats because over-the-horizon radar can't pick them up and current ship and aircraft radars have limited range.
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 06:20 am »

Yeah, that still didn't end racism, Yow. And it doesn't give the Republicans a free pass to say and do a lot of racist shit since then.

Seriously, you and JRB are like the Tango and Cash of being uptight, privileged dickwads.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length