Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2017, 06:05 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Sanctum Sanctorum
| | |-+  Dick pictures as a trolling method
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dick pictures as a trolling method  (Read 4540 times)
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2013, 09:33 pm »

Man, dicks are aesthetically unappealing. But then, they don't have the same social connotations as ladyparts and neither does male nudity, sexual or otherwise. It's usually played for laughs, probably because dudes (rightfully) find sexual objectification uncomfortable when it happens to us, so it has to be played off as a gag because most modern art is viewed through the male gaze.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:01 pm by Remington Lonespear » Logged

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 09:53 pm »

Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 10:03 pm »

For those of you who missed it, this is in response to Cracked writer/PWOT member Colonel Blimp attempting to get a rise out of DM by posting animated pictures of penises in a different thread that has since been appropriately renamed. Calvin thought it was a worthwhile topic of discussion so I split this off and moved it here.

Edit: I don't find funny dick pictures offensive, but posting NSFW content inline has always been a bannable offense, so I cleaned up the thread and left a warning behind.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:23 pm by Remington Lonespear » Logged

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 10:13 pm »

I think cock pix in general on Dragon Mountain are a weak method for so-called 'trolling' (an anti-hater term invented by an internet user) because, as I said earlier on IRC, this is a forum "...built on a foundation of dicks."

Joseph Nistal
Shogun
Admin

lep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 10:26 pm »

Par the course really. I can't believe this is an issue for you guys.

I'd be interested to know what sparked this malicious attack from an anti-DM troll, though.

oball
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 11:14 pm »

It was probably coordinated on that most nefarious of locations, an IRC channel

BUTTS FOR THE BUTT GOD
RummyLu
The PUNisher
Probably a postbot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 01:24 am »

All Blimp's articles are all war/weapon based and he thinks dicks are battering rams, it's just so... typical.

We've been attacked by a stereotype.

"Ill retract the rape complaint from the wombat, because hes pulled out."
StumpNasty

can't burg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 02:13 am »

Man, dicks are aesthetically unappealing. But then, they don't have the same social connotations as ladyparts and neither does male nudity, sexual or otherwise. It's usually played for laughs, probably because dudes (rightfully) find sexual objectification uncomfortable when it happens to us, so it has to be played off as a gag because most modern art is viewed through the male gaze.

Discuss.

I think this is pretty astute. Furthermore, trolling with lewd images of body parts both genders share, (for instance, a pooping butthole) also falls into the same category as dicks, because the fact that men own them as well as women opens said image up to that rejected objectification.

i fuck like T.T. Boy you don't know what i do
locnar
Captain Obvious

My balls. Look.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 04:05 am »

Dicks are okay with me.

Evidently no one likes a quitter
or an old punk's bitterness
So I'm waiting for a tap on the shoulder
Because we're all getting older, not better
And the laughs are no longer with us
Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 05:29 am »

I suspect there's also an aspect of homophobia in using dick pics for "trolling" - a sort of ha ha, this is what gay people like to look at, now you will look at it and it will make you uncomfortable because you (like me, the troll) have fear in re homosexuals

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 12:00 pm »

I think the degree of learned homophobia in a chap's response to a dick largely depends on the individual dick in question, is it an easily scoffed-at fearful white worm or a head-turning proud horse boner launching voluminous facefuls of silky white scrotein
Honest Abe
Chairman, Pug Club Local 80085
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

join pug club! ask me how!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 12:54 pm »

hey guys check this out  c====B
RummyLu
The PUNisher
Probably a postbot

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 02:10 pm »

Mine's bigger 8===D~~

"Ill retract the rape complaint from the wombat, because hes pulled out."
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 07:44 pm »

I suspect there's also an aspect of homophobia in using dick pics for "trolling" - a sort of ha ha, this is what gay people like to look at, now you will look at it and it will make you uncomfortable because you (like me, the troll) have fear in re homosexuals

There's certainly some correlation there, as the more outward aspects of gay sexuality involve the objectification of men, and a willing acceptance of men to be objectified. There may have been an underlying current of homophobia in Blimp's original attack, but not exactly in the same way you described. As far as I could tell, the pictures he posted were lacking that sexual aspect, almost as if he were avoiding it himself.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 10:03 pm »

Yeah, I think there's a lot to be said about the unconscious/repression and why blimp chose sexually explicit/objectifying images of men. It's important to recognize that the images were disguised beneath a thin layer of irony with their humorous nature (cartoon faces, rapid flopping, bro stretching), so they could offer a front of absurdity to disguise the true reason they are meant to shock (that is, the fact that we are seeing a bunch of pictures of penises because it's so against the heterosexual/patriarchal norm!).

Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 05:32 pm »

I should probably point out that I didn't get to see any of these photos of cocks which I regret for, uh, scientific reasons

also because hey, dicks, woo!

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
jimbob
AKA Billy
Fart Robot

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 05:42 am »

DOWN WIHT THE FASCODERATORS

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: