Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2017, 08:49 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Blood Bowl Take 17 - Blood Bowl 8's (with no wacky imaginary boundaries!)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl Take 17 - Blood Bowl 8's (with no wacky imaginary boundaries!)  (Read 1556 times)
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2013, 05:05 pm »

It has probably been enough time to start our next cycle of binge bashing, so I'm gonna have another go at getting the Eights up and running. In keeping with requests from the first test run, the special rules have been greatly simplified, most notably as the title implies, there are no special boundaries, the field is the field. This means that, other than one rule, the only things different to normal rules is in how you build your teams, and everything in the rules is carried out by the game engine, no player-enforced rules like last time. To accommodate this extra space on the pitch, an extra player makes it BB8's.

As with last time, every tournament will be as many groups of four teams as possible, followed by each team getting into a four-team (or eight-team if there is a full 16 sides ever, which is unlikely) tournament, with consolation games. That means each tournament will be exactly five (or six) games for each team. This ensures that the tournaments go pretty quickly, as seasons are short and with short games from having fewer guys on the pitch, fitting in time to play should also be simpler.

Eight's Special Rules
 - Composition: New teams may buy 9 players, following unit restrictions on these rosters, with only the individual unit limits, not the total skill players limit (an Amazon team could have six skill players, for example, two each of Thrower, Catcher and Blitzer). No team may ever enter a game with more than 9 players on the roster, though you may hire journeymen to fill up to 9 if you lose players. Be sure when setting your team in post-match sequence to only use enough journeymen to get to 9, bearing in mind the site will automatically set you with enough to get to 11 (also, I think if you then do other roster-page actions like buy/firing coaches to get rid of cash, it will reset the journeymen, so be sure it's the last thing you check before readying the team).
 - Other Purchases: You may not ever have apothecaries, re-rolls, coaches, etc. (Other than in initial team creation, as laid out in the second post.) on your roster for a game as eights is a game for amateur teams, who lack the skills and facilities of pro sides. The only way to get a re-roll is to win one on a kick off roll. You may buy/fire rolls and coaches during a post-match sequence as a quick way to spend cash you don't want added to your TV.
 - Inducement: No spending your own money on inducement, meaning only the smaller side will be allowed to have gameday cash. You may only purchases players with this cash, which will give smaller teams the advantage of  a deeper bench and the chance to get a numbers edge later in the game.
 - Skilling Up: You can not give a player Pro or Leader. Skills like Catch or Dodge which offer a task-specific re-roll are allowed.
 - Line of Scrimmage: This is the one in-game change from standard rules. In Sevens, the LoS'es are each pushed three spaces back from midfield, meaning the kicking team can actually land the kick closer to themselves than the opponents to try and recover it themselves, ala Rugby. To simulate this, LoS will be set to 0 players required and only 1 per wide zone, and the receiving team must set up with six empty columns between themselves and midfield.

Post in thread to sign-up. We will run as many four-team groups as possible, first-come, first-serve. If a team misses the cut for one tournament, or asks to sign up while one is going on, those teams will be given first priority in the next go, with any teams needing to sit out the next tourney coming from the lowest finishers in the one underway. Every tournament will be open to new teams, with one practice game to get to size, or teams who have already participated. Please do not level teams up outside the league tournaments, however, as a team is either a rookie+1, or a rookie+prior 8's tourney experience to be eligible.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:01 am by SteelFan714 » Logged
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 05:05 pm »

Making a Team - The game will not allow you to create an initial team without 11 players, so a little end-around has to be run when making a new team. First, purchase the nine players you want. Once you are done buying your real players you have to do two things to finalize your team -- get up to 11 players, and spend your extra money so it doesn't add to your TV later.

To do this:
 - Purchase enough base unit players to reach up to 11 players, naming them with names that show the player is not a real team member.
 - Purchase re-rolls and coaches so that you have spent the rest of your money, less any amount you want to save in reserve for player replacement (For example: 2 lineman at 60k each, 2 Re-rolls at 60k each, one coach at 10k of you have 250k to kill.) As a general tip, do as much of this as possible with the re-rolls not just all coaches, lest you end up like dust, having to individually sell 35 coaches.
 - Play a practice game with another eights team and simply place your wasted players way back and out of the way, moving them if needed if they ever threaten to be near the action. Do not use your re-rolls.
 - Proceed to post-match sequence and retire the wasted players, while giving up your coaches and re-rolls.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:04 am by SteelFan714 » Logged
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 05:05 pm »

Reserved for results post
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 05:06 pm »

Reserved for the heck of it
BSam
Wikipedia Nazi Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 05:13 pm »

Reserved for BSam to declare his intention to play.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 05:28 pm »

I'll be bringing back tournament one winners, Pro-Pain Accessories. Friendly reminder I didn't note above but just did now in getting them ready, it is probably advisable in post game to spend your money on players/coaches to then fire before finalizing if your roster is already full, since money in pocket counts in your TV in a tournament game, but is useless for you since you can't spend it meaning you will either be giving more inducement than you should or receiving less than you should. The exception being, obviously, if saving up for a player you can't afford yet.
MikeJ
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 02:06 pm »

I will be rolling with this bunch of literal turd-burglers. Rob get on this you know you want it.
Kejiruze
Internet Person

Made up name for silly games

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 04:45 pm »

All over this with my horrific lab rejects: Dr. Freakozoids Escapees.
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 02:30 pm »

I'm down, ready to pull the trigger on the Love Guns.

if loving me is wrong, everybody is right
BSam
Wikipedia Nazi Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 02:33 pm »

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=738476

get ready do deal with a pun about tumors.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 07:35 pm »

My team is ready to fire their incompetent coach

http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=753397

-joey
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 06:08 am »

After walking Joey through Set-Up, I realized 750k is a crazy high cap and, since the idea is to have new teams be strong enough right out the gate, instead of trying to find a lower "better' one, I removed any spending caps on new teams. This means new sides will at least get to enter all skilled up, and will only be behind by player levels.

It looks like two-pools is the way to go for this first tournament. So far we have six teams signed up, and then jimbob i think wants to play? So either when one more/two more people sign up we will start. For pool play this tournament it will be an open round robin to make scheduling a little easier on everybody.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length