Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2017, 06:40 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Old Games You Finally Got Around To
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Old Games You Finally Got Around To  (Read 11035 times)
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2013, 04:43 pm »

In the past week I beat both Dark Souls and Brutal Legend.

Brutal legend was pretty funny in its satire, though the gameplay was a little on the mediocre side. I enjoyed the RTS where you can enter the battle yourself. That added a little variety to a genre that's otherwise kind of tired. At the end when Jack Black screamed Decapitaaaaaaaation while cutting the head of the boss, I laughed out loud. The fact that I only spent 5 bucks on it was nice I think because I remember people who payed full price complaining about the value. For 5 bucks I was very satisfied with this one.

Dark Souls I don't even know what to say about. Easily the best executed gameplay of any action oriented RPG I've played. The difficulty was pretty refreshing compared to the easy clickfests so common these days. I was disappointed that the story was nothing, and I didn't like that it was seldom even possible to figure out what to do. I played it with a walkthrough, similar to the days of playing along with a copy of Nintendo power, whichwas a little nostalgic. I just wish they'd found a balance between light trails telling you exactly where to go and the ggame's completely open world without even a suggestion of what area to visit. I would compare this to Castlevania symphony of the night, which is basically my favorite game of all time. I'd definitely recommend it if you liked Castlevania and have 60 hours to spend on a game.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:33 am »

I have been playing Fallout New Vegas all week after finally finding a copy in the local games store that plays on Asian consoles. This game is really packed with things to do and it's just so easy to diverge from the main quest path and meander on for ages.

I'm 45 hours in and I haven't even been to half the locations on the map yet, and of the ones I've visited already I haven't finished all of the side missions yet. I've also fucked a sexbot and a ghoul, which is nice.

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 12:58 pm »

I have been playing Dishonored. It is very fun but it's also very hard on Hard mode and I am bad at it. I understand that you get the 'good' ending by remaining mostly undetected and not killing a lot of folks, so I am definitely not getting the 'good' ending. I just made it to what I think is the last mission, at the lighthouse. Samuel was a dick to me when he dropped me off in his boat so I slowed down time and shot him in the head with the crossbow. He fell off the boat and some fish ate him.

Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 01:45 pm »

Also update on Fallout New Vegas:

THIS GAME IS BUGGY AS H*CK!!

The game froze on me several times already (causing me to have to reboot the x box), and one of my saves got corrupted and would not load, so I had to go back to a save that was made three hours prior (thank god I created multiple saves). If you hate buggy games please don't buy Fallout New Vegas!!!!!!!! >:(

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 01:47 pm »

more like fallout new vegASS (i still love the game though)

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
Navigator2001Plus
Richard "Dick" "The Dickman" Dongman, professional dong-man
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 12:00 pm »

Did you patch the game through Xbox Live and it's still buggy, or have you not done that yet? I'm just curious because I have this game, though I've not gotten around to starting it yet.

<Skeletonic> nav is very important to me
<SuperCalvin> So as I was saying, navigator is handsome
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 12:15 pm »

New Vegas is notoriously buggy whether patched or not. It is still excellent, though.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 12:18 pm »

I'm surprised you didn't know it was super buggy beforehand to be honest
boron
Mod

let me live my anime life

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 12:46 pm »

i quicksaved like every 10 minutes

EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 01:58 pm »

The great thing about bugs in Bethesda games for me though is that I've never encountered a game breaking one. I might have had it freeze once in a while, but nothing that corrupted saves or stopped me from progressing. It was always something hilarious, like dudes suddenly not having faces or creatures popping in and out of the ground, and then when you kill them their ragdolls go crazy and fly through the air.
JonasSalk
Still Alive And Now 22
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 01:59 pm »

New Vegas has some of the best bugs this side of "A Bug's Life." Three bugs will bug again.

One day I'll say something special.
Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 05:43 pm »

Did you patch the game through Xbox Live and it's still buggy, or have you not done that yet? I'm just curious because I have this game, though I've not gotten around to starting it yet.

Mine has been patched through Xbox Live, yet the bugs persist. On my last count, the game has crashed (necessitating a reboot) three times in 50 hours of gameplay, and one instance of a corrupted save (including the auto-save) that would not load. Apart from those hiccups, I love the game so much and I would gladly marry it.

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
JonasSalk
Still Alive And Now 22
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 06:08 pm »

You fucking bigamist.

One day I'll say something special.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 02:18 am »

The correct term is polygonist.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 02:19 am »

bugamist
DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 11:01 am »

Spec Ops: The Line

this was an extremely fucked up game. one part (and if you've played this game you know what part) honestly made me feel like shit.

(click to show/hide)

god damn, kudos to the developers. black ops 2 also tried to bring a darker, more character-based/guilt-ridden element to its story but i think this game was far more successful at delving into the horrors of war and its psychological effects.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:11 am by DiegoInglewood » Logged

Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 08:14 am »

I just finished Witcher 2! It's a pretty looking game, and also the gameplay is good. The fighting is not as responsive as I would like it to be, mostly because I was expecting it to be like in the Batman Arkham series.

The story can be a bit cryptic at times when it references things from the previous game, but it's mostly easy to follow. You can also choose to fuck several ladies in this game, so if you're a heterosexual male (or lesbian female) who likes to watch 0s and 1s rendered as digital titties then this game is definitely 4 u!

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
laktose
Unbanned

SLAM DRUNK

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 10:19 am »

Also the fucking dialogue appears to have been motherfucking written by a 13 year old whoreson, fuck shit piss but it's cuntwaffle still a shitnipple pretty entertaining buttcunt game.

And you get to beat up a dude called Tassledick, which is pretty funny.

i love too laugh with, my pals on this web sight
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 05:07 pm »

when I become president the guys who had the idea for ornstein and smough will drown in a pit of exploding turds for ever and ever and ever
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 05:10 pm »

it's not even fighting them both at once that's the infuriating bit; it's that you have to spend 20 minutes to clear the room before summoning Solaire for every single attempt and eventually run out of humanity so you have to trek all the way back to the depths and farm rats and arrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length