Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 22, 2018, 07:10 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  AV Club
| | |-+  Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Scott Pilgrim vs The World  (Read 15244 times)
DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:28 am »

I don't know how many of you dudes are familiar with the comic, so I'll just give you a brief synopsis--a young man and budding musician named Scott Pilgrim has to defeat Ramona Flowers' 7 evil exes in combat before he can date her. That's simple right? It's got Michael Cera as Scott and Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Ramona and it's directed by Shaun of the Dead's Edgar Wright and here is the completely rad as fuck trailer

rawrsaurus_rex
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:52 am »

While I did feel a bit awkward seeing Michael Cera in bed with another girl (usually I get really confused whenever I see him being at least minimally engaged physically with someone), this looks interesting.  For some reason I kept thinking of "No More Heroes" when I watched the trailer, which made me really happy.
ElPolloDiablo
Internet Person

Like a Batman big on dick jokes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 12:15 pm »

I really enjoyed the comic, and am pretty excited about the movie.
Aceaz
Potential Friend

style and comfort for the discerning crotch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:49 pm »

This looks extremely rad. And it comes out in the UK a week before everywhere else, apparently. Excellent.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBEEEEEEEES
JackyGoBang
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

The People's Choice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:53 pm »

Quite frankly, I found the comic way too hipster for my liking, but I have no choice except to agree that the film looks rather rad.
Joseph Nistal
Shogun
Admin

lep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 08:48 pm »

New trailer out now since their Facebook group reached 100,000 fans.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVjFuXHhHaQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVjFuXHhHaQ</a>

A little bit more exposition in this one since it'll be the one they show in theaters. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this after liking Kick-Ass and enjoying the books.

Honest Abe
Chairman, Pug Club Local 80085
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

join pug club! ask me how!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 08:50 pm »

this looks terrible
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 08:57 pm »

...-y awesome.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 09:39 pm »

I still don't think Michael Cera's right for the role, but the sheer amount of ass-kickery in this seems to more than make up for it.

When I was 16 I got so drunk that I shit myself in a sleeping bag.
oball
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 09:12 am »

So is The Prodigy's most recent album the official comic book movie soundtrack now?

BUTTS FOR THE BUTT GOD
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 01:47 pm »

Really though, this movie is hipsterism defined - it goes to such great lengths to appear clever and aloof that it ends up clumsy and contrived.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 01:54 pm »

That was one long trailer of awfulness. Is this one of the trailers showing off all the wrong parts thing, or is this Scott Pilgrim thing really that retarded?
Kybard
society's stared-at man
Mod

HOW ARE YOU

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 04:36 pm »

really douchey ironic-hipster-filmmaking aside, and granting that this is a quick-edit trailer, i'm kind of surprised at how nakedly awful the acting appears to be. the only lines that aren't delivered in a stilted-to-oblivion fashion are the few from that girl who was in Up in the Air.

i think this is going to be one of those train wrecks that goes on all of the internet's horrible "movies that were so great but nobody saw them because they don't understand greatness" lists.

but it's not so great when you consider that it's coming from an alive lady
Aceaz
Potential Friend

style and comfort for the discerning crotch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 04:52 pm »

man, this is just a movie that is gonna be so great but you won't see it because you don't understand greatness, maaaaaaaaan.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBEEEEEEEES
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 05:26 pm »

And, with Kybard's post, I now have a Bingo on my "list of people who I could have anticipated wouldn't like the trailer for this movie" card.  What do I win?

Melancholic Goat
space goat coast to coast
Mod

never owned anything

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 05:34 pm »

You win a medal saying "I can tell which people aren't going to like shitty films, while still liking those shitty films myself."

24/7 never beggin on a rain check
Honest Abe
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 05:48 pm »

i'll admit, i'm sure i'm not the target demographic for this type of film anymore, but i am also someone who enjoys comic books and comic book movies. this honestly looks like poop to someone who hasn't read the comic and yet is still interested in comic book films. i can understand the excitement for this and shit like kick-ass from those who have read the comics, but they look like shit to the outside observer. i know you'll claim "who cares" because this is what you've all been waiting for, but sorry movies don't exist just to satisfy the fanboys. there's a higher expectation from the studios that this will appeal to others.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 06:37 pm »

I haven't read the comic.  I don't read any comics, in fact. Yet I still think this movie and Kick-Ass both look(ed) good.  I'm just interested because it looks like an over-the-top  fighting game turned into a movie.  I guess what I don't understand is the seething hatred-out-of-nowhere for it.  People who have never heard of the comic are coming out of the woodwork and claiming that this movie looks like a giant pile of shit.

I remember people disliking Juno because of stuff like the way the characters talked and the hamburger phone, and I didn't really get the hate for that, either. Maybe I'm just clueless about contemporary culture and need to be educated as to why hipsters are so hated and how they eat babies or something.

Honest Abe
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 06:54 pm »

People who have never heard of the comic are coming out of the woodwork and claiming that this movie looks like a giant pile of shit.

people who have never heard of the comic are coming out of the woodwork because it's a movie and it's been dominating movie news for a while now and frankly when the hype machine goes on for almost a year about this and then you start seeing trailers and they look like dogshit you get angry because all the press given to it on the movie sites i read could have been filled with something else. i'm interested in this because it's edgar wright, but that's it. the source material looks like balls.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 07:07 pm »

That makes sense, actually.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length