Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2017, 08:37 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Science! and Sports
| | |-+  The NHL 2015-2016 Hockey Thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print
Author Topic: The NHL 2015-2016 Hockey Thread  (Read 48115 times)
codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 30, 2015, 08:10 am »

I'm serious. The logic behind Sweeney's moves are mind-bogglingly bad. Offloading Hamilton for those picks wasn't exactly a value move but then to dump those picks on a bunch of high-risk mid-to-low-ceiling players is probably sabotage.

When I was 16 I got so drunk that I shit myself in a sleeping bag.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 30, 2015, 05:39 pm »

Hey maybe Rinaldo will turn things around
codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 02, 2015, 11:48 am »

How is Dougie Hamilton's trade value higher than Phil Kessel's? What kind of bullshit is this

fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 04, 2015, 12:35 am »

Because the Leafs are total morons.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16 pm »

<Joey> now to see it out

smh @ avs

-joey
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 09, 2015, 04:25 pm »

I'm having people over tomorrow for Thanksgiving and I really hope none of them are Bruins fans.
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 11, 2015, 01:31 pm »

Avs looked really good in game 2 and the first 2 periods of game 1. I don't know what happened in the 3rd period of game 1 that caused them to go from 1-4 to a 5-4 loss and allowing Parise to get a hat trick, they just sort of collapsed. A young team is likely to make mistakes, but it was shameful. Overall I think that the Avs have a lot of good things going for them this season. Their powerplay is really good right now, they are a lot bigger, and Francois Beauchemin was well worth signing, he is a great defensive defenseman but he also already has 5 assists.

What is weird is how good the 4th line is. They are playing really good possession and are grinding it out on the boards down low until they can get a shot in, have scored each game.

I'm worried about Duchene, he's not getting a lot of shots, he might need different wingers, Iginla and Comeau aren't doing it for him. Soderberg isn't getting very many minutes with Rantanen and Rendulic, so hard to say how that line will do this season, they are 3 big dudes who pass well, can shoot, and like to get down low, but Soderberg is the only one with experience.
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 11, 2015, 01:33 pm »

I'm having people over tomorrow for Thanksgiving and I really hope none of them are Bruins fans.

Marchand gave himself a concussion on this attempted hit on Weise. Weise didn't even notice because Marchand's point of contact was Weise's elbow with his head.
codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 24, 2015, 10:09 pm »

Leafs put up 52 shots against Montreal and somehow we lose 5-3. Carey Price is a mutant.

fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 25, 2015, 03:36 am »

Last season the Avs had a game against the Blackhawks where Varly put up a 54 save shutout. I love a good goalie game so much, a goalie stealing a game is so frustrating/exciting.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 25, 2015, 07:57 am »

Don't Tell Me The Score provides spoiler free highlights of all the games the night before. It is my dream site.
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 07, 2015, 08:21 am »

there is a curse on #bdh that avs win if and only if one person be watching the game there, no matter what fernum says about it being a coincidence despite always being right

-joey
jimbob
AKA Billy
Fart Robot

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 10, 2015, 02:39 pm »

fermun = dick dorkins

codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 27, 2015, 10:07 am »

World Juniors are on right now and they got off to a humdinger.

On Day 1, we've all learned that the Swiss are a dirty hockey nation (who knew?). They took two majors in the first period alone, one of which left a Swede bleeding from his nose and teeth and the other which came from a blindside hit on Sweden's best player.

That also doesn't include a later player where a Swiss player rammed a Swedish defender into the boards by pinning his knee and head, causing him to be taken out of the game as well.

What makes it worse is that the game was already a done-and-dusted affair at the end. Turns out it's tough to win a game when you're constantly trying to kill off power plays.

There was a major in the earlier match between Russia and Czech Republic and in the USA-Canada game later as well. At this rate, there will be no players left to suit up due to injury or suspension by the time the knockout rounds take place.

Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 27, 2015, 10:51 pm »

KIDS THESE DAYS I TELLS YA.

In NHL news, I'm pretty sure that Montreal had Price teaching them how to play hockey the whole time, and it looks like goddamn florida is leading the Atlantic division?

Hereby announcing Dallas as my bandwagon Western team yeehaw.
codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 02, 2016, 01:41 pm »

Jake Virtanen had one sip of that reindeer blood and his double agent powers were activated. MVP for Finland no doubt

codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2016, 11:19 pm »

hey guys do you remember when the habs were the greatest team

hahahaha

Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 20, 2016, 01:23 pm »

:(
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 20, 2016, 07:37 pm »

In happier news, somebody reminded Tampa Bay that they are good at hockey, which has been a pleasant change.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 20, 2016, 08:41 pm »

Also Drouin didn't show up for his game hoo boy. Nobody's going to want this jackass soon.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length