Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2017, 08:33 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Science! and Sports
| | |-+  The NHL 2015-2016 Hockey Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: The NHL 2015-2016 Hockey Thread  (Read 48113 times)
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 05:25 pm »

also I lost my hockey pool. My boss lost too though so now it's down to two dudes I don't know. And I get to play for the prestigious 3rd place/
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 11:25 pm »

Columbus would have made the playoffs almost entiry due to Bobrovsky had Colorado beat Minnesota tonight. But they didn't. He should still be a Vezina candidate, though.
codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 09:05 pm »

Bobrovsky's got my vote for the Vezina. Without him they would be dead last in the league.

Goddamn it. JVR scores 2 minutes in and we think everything is going to be okay and then Boston reminds us all that they're Boston and they play like jerks. 9 years out of the playoffs and I've forgotten how much more a playoff loss hurts. The worst part is I don't see how the Leafs can overcome this. We get outshot every game (that's normal), but we got out-muscled and out-played today. This is going to be a rough series.

When I was 16 I got so drunk that I shit myself in a sleeping bag.
codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 09:19 am »

According to the Toronto press, the only newsworthy thing to come out of our OT loss last night is some trumped-up hockey WAG feud between Reimer's hot wife and Phaneuf's hot fiancee.

codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 10:30 pm »

ow

the pain

the pain.

Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 03:09 pm »

... go sens, I guess...
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 11:30 pm »

fuck the non-believers, LET'S GO PENGUINS

if loving me is wrong, everybody is right
codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 10:29 pm »

Hey Bahston, d'ya like apples? Because you just collapsed like the Leafs did. HOW D'YA LIKE DEM APPLES

codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 10:30 pm »

(I think I've gotten all of the pettiness out of my system now)

Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 06:33 am »

HAHAHA FUCK YOU BOSTON FUCK YOU SO HAAAARD HAHAH FUCK YOU RASK NO MVP FOR YOU AHAHAH

(I got at least an off season's worth of bitterness left)

Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 06:29 pm »

I won the playoff bracket I organized thanks to Kane getting MVP. Woohoo!
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 10:55 pm »

Haha, Philadelphia is buying out Ilya Bryzgalov's contract. Haw haw haw haw.

SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 11:29 am »

Danny G
Fart Master

Workplace Sex Criminal

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 11:42 am »

Holy shit.  I never noticed that before.

Logjammin'
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 12:38 pm »

Once it is seen, it cannot be unseen.
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 09:06 pm »

HOCKEY SO CLOSE TRAINING CAMPS PRE-SEASON ALL IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT I'M SO FUCKIN STOKED

I've worn my Hurricanes logo pin every day since the start of September and I hope to do so until the end of the regular season (and hopefully into the post-season!)

With the new divisions, I'm really liking the way this new season looks.

I'm super stoked to see what the Canes can do this season. Made some marked improvements in the offseason, not limited to but including:

Fuck Chad LaRose you past-your-prime hack.

Andrej Sekera and Mike Komisarek added to the defense which gives us more depth. Not to mention the realistic possibility of Brendan Morrow signing a deal which gives even more depth and a good real veteran presence on the d.

Also! The signing of Anton Khudobin means we have about as solid a backup as we could want. Peters has potential but I think he needs at least another season or two starting at the AHL level.

Other notable signings include Nathan Gerbe, while at the contract level he signed I expect to see him in the AHL, he's not a guy I'd count out of competing for a roster spot and he can step right into LaRose's shoes if necessary.

Joni Pitkanen fucking sucks and is an overrated hack and I'm not happy that he's injured but I'm glad I don't have to watch him play. Offensive defenseman with the defensive capabilities of a fucking broom propped against the net, and he's outrageously overpaid for his inconsistency.

Radek Dvorak is coming to training camp and depending on a professional tryout basis. He'd be a good veteran forward for a season or two, especially with all the youth we have on our third and fourth lines.

Our 1st round draft pick, Elias Lindholm, is looking pretty promising.

Other things I'm looking forward to seeing from the Canes:

Improvements on the powerplay and penalty kill, I'd like to see if Tlusty's season last wasn't a fluke, Jordan Staal needs to justify his contract with some better numbers, Skinner needs to mature and play the game he's good at (a skill game) and stop trying to be the tiniest enforcer.

Most of all, I'm just happy to be out of the fucking dreadful Southeast division, the least competitive thing in the whole NHL it was just awful seriously fuck that bullshit.

HOCKEY GUYS UGGGGH HOCKEY TALK ABOUT YOUR TEAMS YOU DUMB JERKS TALK ABOUT THEM

codespyder
Unbanned

mmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 08:19 am »

Andrej Sekera and Mike Komisarek added to the defense which gives us more depth.

Thank you for taking Komisarek off of the Leafs books. Well, I would thank you had we not completely lost our minds and gotten David Clarkson for an insane amount of money, re-signed Tyler Bozak (hockey's most anonymous top-line centre, probably) to a bumper contract, dumped Mikhail Grabovski, and now have very little bargaining room to re-sign RFAs Cody Franson (our best offensive d-man) and Nazem Kadri (who is finally starting to deliver on his promise).

Now, to be fair, Kadri in particular is being a huge dick for wanting a massive salary increase after half a season of credible play, instead of taking a bridge contract and proving his worth. That may be a sign that he already knows his reserve of talent has already been exhausted, and just wants to take the money and run. Call me paranoid, but it's happened to us many times before. Still, we shouldn't have run ourselves out of cap space with the Clarkson deal. 

We don't have Phil Kessel or Dion Phaneuf locked in to prevent them from being UFAs next season, which makes me even sadder. Even Phaneuf, who occasionally loses his mind in the playoffs, is someone I want to stay with the Leafs. He did all the dirty work to get us into the playoffs, to begin with.

Also not sure why we have Jonathan Bernier and James Reimer. Did we think that Reimer can't take pressure or had no competition? I don't think having two promising potential #1 goalies is a good idea, or maybe Bernier's just insurance in case Reimer gets another concussion.

Oh well, at least if one of our skilled players gets concussed, we can always punch the other team into submission. We re-signed both Colton Orr and Frazier McLaren for over $1 million a pop.

Loving the new divisions. Splitting up the Southeast was long overdue. Love that 4 of the original 6 are in the Atlantic.

This is relevant for me because I'm going to the Winter Classic this year in Detroit. It'll be awesome not just because the game will be held at the Big House in Ann Arbor (and break the world record for the most attended hockey game in the process) but also because with the new division alignment, that game will actually mean something.

Bring on the new season already.

Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2013, 02:54 pm »

Habs needed some size and D, so we signed Danny Briere.

... But I'm still happy, he'll do well in MTL.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 06:38 pm »

Did my fantasy pool draft last night, pretty happy with my team, even though I picked last out of 10. I managed to pick up James Neal and Blake Wheeler though, which gave me an idea for a team name that I am beyond happy with...

fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 10:13 pm »

Looks like the Avs will be playing their first and second round draft picks this year. They are also predicted to finish 13 of 14 in the west and 7th of 7th in Central. Ouch.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length