Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2017, 11:02 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Sanctum Sanctorum
| | |-+  Rape Culture
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print
Author Topic: Rape Culture  (Read 56608 times)
StumpNasty

can't burg

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: September 20, 2013, 07:52 am »

Sorry, that doesn't really contribute. Wong never caught me as that kind of person. Yeah dude, rape and rape culture is totally a "tumblr thing" where "people invent shit to get offended by".

This is fucked up face-value, sure, but it's also a hypocritical stance that I think more and more people like fuckin' redditors are failing to notice every day; their group is also "making up" shit to rally against, and by extension, support. Second-opinion bias is a term that gets thrown around here, in which people will vehemently support an opinion or idea, even if it's terrible, as long as it even slightly opposes whatever they don't like. I hate america, terrorists hate america, therefore I mean I can kinda see how they aren't really all that bad.

Except it's with resenting women, something with a massive, angry backing. Sure these people wouldn't want their mother or sister to get raped, but if the concept of rape culture is something that can possibly shed light on ways women are oppressed and focus energy and attention toward these problems (problems, remember, of the "dumb bitches" that aren't geniuses and cool and edgy like us) , then the second-opinion bias kicks in and rape culture becomes something they can hate.

Therefore I don't think it's a jump to say that denying rape culture exists is indicative of, at the very least, a resentment for women (or dismissal of them, maybe, condescension, which I would argue connects to resentment). I may be being too black and white though, I don't know.

i fuck like T.T. Boy you don't know what i do
Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 20, 2013, 11:00 am »

To be fair, I do hate america and love terrorists.

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
FizzlePop
All yours
Fart Master

Why do we want to eat the people we love

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 20, 2013, 11:57 am »

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-to-have-more-sex-right-now21-today21/
man, they are going all out on the not hating women. Is wong on holiday?
CB
ASCII Middle Finger

Unregistered Hypercam 2

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2013, 12:39 pm »

I'm sure Wong is willing to let his shitty beliefs take a backseat when it comes to cranking out content and bringing in the page views.

spermus
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2013, 01:15 pm »

He did (passionately) reject a pitch some years ago about womens' achievements, because affirmative action and that sort of thing are bad.

That was not the bear I was expecting in a gay blowjob.
Honest Abe
Chairman, Pug Club Local 80085
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

join pug club! ask me how!

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2013, 01:57 pm »

I know his name is synonymous with level-headedness and honesty, but for anyone who missed it at the time this surprisingly never happened! I actually made a point that a lot of the posters there seemed way too focused on putting down victims of police brutality because they weren’t likeable enough, they fussed too much afterwards, they could have possibly been dangerous (even though they weren’t), and other non-points in stark contrast to the continued apologia every cop in that thread was receiving.

oh man that reminds me of how much fun i had blasting the bootlicking idiots on pinkerman's forum (jim treacher, donal, wong) about taser abuse.
EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 21, 2013, 04:20 pm »

holy shit send help because I cannot stop laughing
Joseph Nistal
Shogun
Admin

lep

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2013, 10:51 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNPaoszr11U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNPaoszr11U</a>

jamiec
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2013, 06:57 pm »

Sorry I know this thread is for discussion not links but I want to share this.

I'm trying to post from my phone hope I don't fuck it up.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/dl-opinion/the-only-thing-common-to-experiences-of-rape-is-the-presence-of-a-rapist-20131017-2vp7n.html
Katastrophikus
Hurker

Tequila fiend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: October 18, 2013, 12:16 am »

That's a marvelous article. Good find!
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 04, 2013, 12:37 am »

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/12/03/sexual_harassment_in_journalism_a_new_study_shows_that_the_majority_of_female.html :( :( :(

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Matt
Fart Wizard

Quoth the raven, `Hmmm.'

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2014, 12:13 am »

http://www.avoiceformalestudents.com/rainn-smacks-down-the-feminist-rape-culture-narrative/?fb_action_ids=10152334789412661&fb_action_types=og.likes

Jerbwyn
Dr. Internet
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2014, 01:35 am »

Rape is caused not by cultural factors but by the conscious decisions, of a small percentage of the community, to commit a violent crime. While that may seem an obvious point, it has tended to get lost in recent debates.

Way to miss the fucking point.

[15:30] <Ryzhaya> this guy seems alright
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2014, 01:43 am »

haha what do those fuckers think culture even is

Ishliquor
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Fives at High Sucking.

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 18, 2014, 08:33 pm »

Had a strange walk home just now (potentially a bit bloggy, but on topic I think). On the final stretch along one of the busiest streets for people who have been out drinking, at a bit after midnight I see a girl ahead walking in the opposite direction to me who is clearly a bit drunk. Not staggering or stumbling but weaving a bit. 
After passing her I see a trio of guys matching pace behind her and notice that one is using his phone to film her progress, so after passing them, I stopped to see if they were up to anything. Long story short: I saw her subsequently talk to them, and then they overtook her and carried on. She then waved down a taxi and I thought "fine" and carried on. But then she got back out of the taxi after a minute or so and I turned back to see if she was ok. Quite drunk, in from out of town (possibly Geordie, Durham or similar) and separated from her friends but said she knew which hotel they were staying at and was ok so I left it at that and a few blocks down told a couple of police officers to keep an eye out. I kind of wish I'd been able to see if she was ok but in the city centre at least, you should be fairly safe.
Now, I probably wouldn't have mentioned the whole non-episode if I hadn't then encountered a couple of 20-something guys a block or two later asking for directions to a certain street. It's just past where I live and so I pointed the way and they were so happy that they told me that they were looking for a brothel and I said I knew the name of the place (Chez San would probably recognise the area I'm talking about under the name of the "pubic triangle"), brothels aka "saunas" having a sort of semi-legal status in town are pretty well known, especially if you live nearby.
So, like I say, just a couple of anecdotes but it seemed a weird synchronicity. Take from them what you will.

Seeking a vomitorium from the arena of the unwell.
Katastrophikus
Hurker

Tequila fiend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: June 02, 2014, 12:44 am »

An good well thought-out article which goes some way to the meat of Rape Culture.
CestMoi
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2014, 05:38 am »

So there's a thing in the UK about an old NHS poster from 2006 that is still up in some hospitals and it looks like this:

Obviously, the information that "there is a correlation between rape and alcohol consumption" or whatever needs to get out there, but is there a way to do that that couldn't be interpreted as saying "you, the rape victim, should not have been drinking as much as you did"? Does this poster say that?

here's a full Daily Mail article on the poster http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2706734/Anger-government-poster-appears-blame-rape-alcohol-women-drink.html?ito=social-facebook
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 19, 2015, 07:37 am »

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/01/lots-of-men-dont-think-rape-is-rape.html

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length