Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2017, 05:16 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Food
| | |-+  Cooking with EFHRK
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Cooking with EFHRK  (Read 14377 times)
EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:44 am »

As a few of you may know, I am the world's worst cook. Just a few days ago I tried to fry some tilapia and ended up with boiling oil all over my kitchen. The most complicated cooking I've ever completed successfully was just making some pasta with a jar of Ragu for sauce. But I want to learn how to cook more!

I'm using this thread as a way of sorta keeping track of my progress as a chef. You can suggest me some things to try making that would be doable for a developing cook if you want. Or just sit back and watch me horribly fuck things up. I have a full kitchen to work with, so the sky's the limit!

Tonight I tried using this Foreman grill my grandparents gave me for the first time to grill a large chicken breast. It turned out delicious. But all I had for sides were bananas and Nutrigrain bars. Next time I want to try getting some vegetables in there or something. Baby steps.

Thursday night: Tilapias again! (But this time in the oven)
RummyLu
The PUNisher
Probably a postbot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:05 am »

I was a horrible cook not so long ago, so take heart! I also found fish quite difficult compared to other things for some reason. I bet you a billion dollars you will have better luck with the fish in the oven (although keep an eye on it because it's easy to dry white fish out this way.)

I have a really yummy and easy beer batter recipe for fish 'n' chips if you want it by the way, it's also quite forgiving to cook it this way if you aren't KING OF ALL FISH yet, which you will be.

Also, PHOTOS.

"I’ll retract the rape complaint from the wombat, because he’s pulled out."
EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:07 am »

Also, PHOTOS.

Yes I will try to have photos. I didn't have any this time because I only came up with this idea after I was done eating.
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 04:59 am »

As a forum formality I am required to suggest that you buy a shitload of mince, fry it up and then stick it in the freezer for some reason. Hope this helps!

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:24 am »

Here is a good and easy fish dish what I made recently:

1. Pre-filleted white fish (such as marlin or w/e)
2. Flour
3. Dried bits of basil leaves
4. Pepper
5. Salt
6. Canned tomatoes
7. Finely chopped garlic

Cut the fish into reasonable sized pieces (like 10cmx8cm). Mix the flour, basil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.

Coat the fish in this breading, then fry them lightly in a bit of oil, probably one and a half minutes per side (or until it is golden brown). This part is very simple and you cannot fuck it up unless you are an idiot baby fucker.

Once the fish is done, sautee the garlic and add the canned tomatoes. You can also add some tomato sauce, but that's a bit much I think. Add some additional salt and pepper to your liking. Take it out of the fire after about a minute and put it on top of the fish.

Now you have a tasty fish dish. You're welcome!

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 09:26 am »

also dump everything on the floor and eat it like an animal you piece of shit

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
Truck Thunders
Fart Wizard

foquet

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 12:20 pm »

Also, never, ever, EVER throw anything breaded on a Foreman.  I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but I had a roommate who was a motherfucker and ignored the really obvious problems with this idea because he just had to have his chicken parmesan.  He would also never try to clean the foreman after using it either, so we ended up with an unusable Foreman with a thick casing of months worth of burnt breading and meat.
jimbob
AKA Billy
Fart Robot

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 02:53 pm »

Easiest way to cook a fish in the oven is wrap it in tin foil. Stops it drying out.

I don't know tilapia, but it's generally cool to whack some herbs in the visceral cavity (where you took the guts out from). Or if it is a fillet, sprinkle it with something like salt and pepper or herbs or even five-spice or something.

It will likely go well with boiled potatoes and some pees or beans or some shit.

EDIT:PPEEAASS
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:18 pm by jimbob » Logged

Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 05:39 am »

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that was meant to be peas

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 11:34 am »

That was a close call
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 12:29 pm »

Noodles are simple to make and they can taste delicious if you have a good reciple like this one.

If you make it, don't forget your protein! I make mine with tofu because my lifestyle is clearly better than yours, but you can probably use chicken or something else.

Dice and sauté your protein with butter, soy sauce, and lime juice. Add salt if you need to, but the soy sauce already adds plenty of flavor.

You can also add vegetables! I like sliced mushrooms. I try to limit myself though, because I think simplicity works best for this dish.

Please don't die.

EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10 am »

YO I MADE SOME TILAPIA CHECK THIS SHIT OUT

(click to show/hide)

All in all, not a bad meal. Definitely need to grab some more spiceables next time I'm shopping, but still, SUCCESS

I think next week at some point I might try Snips' noodle thing.
Nedroid
Presented by Louis Vuitton
Buddy Friend Pal

Astronaut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 09:53 am »

Hey! No Nutrigrain bars until you finish your computer
Metsfan
Book Smart

I like to get intimate with inanimate inmates.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 10:55 am »

Pretty sure that website finishes you.

Won't somebody think of the nerds?
Wibblewobble
Pug Club President

May contain nuts

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 02:10 pm »

A tasty looking start to you culinary journey EFHRK.

More!

EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 07:18 pm »

I made grilled chicken again tonight, but the breasts I'm using are really thick, so they take longer to cook. Unfortunately, only after I turned off the grill and started eating it I noticed that the thickest part (ie majority of it) wasn't entirely cooked. So instead of risking my health eating it, I just took off the cooked parts and then made some pasta.

I am still mildly concerned I might get sick tonight.
Lukeington
Literally 15

business

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 07:26 pm »

just continue to eat it less and less cooked, eventually you will be able to rejoin the animal kingdom and rule the forests
Nedroid
Presented by Louis Vuitton
Buddy Friend Pal

Astronaut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 12:05 am »

You should have just uncooked it and started over from the beginning
DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 01:13 am »

my advice is to buy old bay and put that on everything

Metsfan
Book Smart

I like to get intimate with inanimate inmates.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 03:31 am »

That's like giving someone advice to breath.

Won't somebody think of the nerds?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length