Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 25, 2017, 02:37 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Spaceboy asks stupid questions and you answer them!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Spaceboy asks stupid questions and you answer them!  (Read 16651 times)
spaceboy
just some guy
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 08:41 pm »

QUESTION:
I'm on a budget, and I have less than $10 USD to keep me drunk for 2 weeks!! What can I purchase in order to get mildly tipsy every other night for 14 days without half-wretching in my throat on every swig? I'm currently on a 12-pack of Steel Reserve, but I am open to suggestions.
oball
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 08:48 pm »

10 bucks here (Australia) will get you four litres of the cheapest white cask wine, known as "goon".  Since America has such cheap booze, I reckon you can get at least sixteen litres for the same price.

BUTTS FOR THE BUTT GOD
spaceboy
just some guy
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 08:50 pm »

Yes, I could buy a liter of "Military Special" liquor, but I've been down that road before, and it leads to the World of Pain.
shrek
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 08:51 pm »

Doesn't Trader Joe's have wine for like two dollars a bottle? I'm not American so I don't know for sure or know if you live near a Trader Joe's.
spaceboy
just some guy
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 08:53 pm »

Doesn't Trader Joe's have wine for like two dollars a bottle? I'm not American so I don't know for sure or know if you live near a Trader Joe's.

Yes, I do. And no, they don't. Thanks for trying.
oball
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 08:54 pm »

Give the ten bucks to a bum and get him to distract the clerk at your local liquor store while you stuff bottles of vodka down your pants.

BUTTS FOR THE BUTT GOD
Honest Abe
Chairman, Pug Club Local 80085
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

join pug club! ask me how!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 08:57 pm »

no it is you who are wrong. they do indeed have 2 dollar bottles of wine
spaceboy
just some guy
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 08:57 pm »

I've been informed that I am wrong. This has happened before. I'm retracting above statement and replacing with this prepared statement:

"Thanks."
Captain Bravo
Captain Obvious

Mercenary Prostitute

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 08:58 pm »

Yeah, Trader Joe's has Two Buck Chuck, but if (for some reason) you can't seen to find any, you can always grab a liter (litre, for you aussies) of Boone's Farm for a couple bucks pretty much anywhere.

Seven days of drinking for 10 bucks is a pretty steep hill to climb, especially if you don't fancy the cheap wine route. I'd recommend checking your local liquor mart for the cheap vodka. I can get a 750 ml bottle from one place around here for close to 5 bucks.

Also, convince your friends to throw a party. Free food, free drinks, and a chance to get laid.
spaceboy
just some guy
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 08:59 pm »

I've been informed that I am wrong. This has happened before. I'm retracting above statement and replacing with this prepared statement:

"Thanks."

I'm going to go one step farther here because this statement is true and it makes me very happy.

ANSWERED
shrek
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 09:01 pm »

I am very honoured to be right about something on the internet. You are welcome spaceboy.
spaceboy
just some guy
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 09:17 pm »

I am very honoured to be right about something on the internet. You are welcome spaceboy.

This is the most painful thing that has ever happened to me on the internet. Even surpassing my first exposure to goats.ex.
Fiction
I'M GONE STING
Posthulhu

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure "goats.ex" is just a fansite about goats.
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 10:51 pm »

liter (litre, for you aussies)

Why is there an Americanised spelling of a metric measurement? I thought you guys didn't use those enough to warrant a widespread typo.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 11:31 pm »

Liters are used a lot in America for drinks. 2 liter soda bottles and whatnot.

Americans are dumb and fat, is my point.

DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 11:32 pm »

Also it's spelled Americanized, you fucking Aussie faggot.

spaceboy
just some guy
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 11:35 pm »

QUESTION:
Have any decent H.P. Lovecraft movies ever been made? If not, are there any being planned now that we have the technology to make realistic movies about anything?
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 11:48 pm »

That's a trick question, since H.P. Lovecraft stories are all dumb.

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Katastrophikus

Tequila fiend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2010, 01:35 am »

Dumb or not, there was Dagon and Reanimator which weren't completely filled with stupidity. And it's the not the special effects that would make or break a Lovecraft film, it'll be the directing.

In the meantime, we have lots of high quality footage of ladies and octopuses on the Internet and that 's about as close as we need to get to Rlyeh.
nchammer326
Hurker

I'm charming, I'm dashing, I'm rental-car bashing

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2010, 01:42 am »

There's a little horror/comedy Lovecraft-inspired movie coming out sometime this year.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOWtgLneeNE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOWtgLneeNE</a>

A stupid note is produced. It's the one assholes play to make their audience start punching themselves in the crotch repeatedly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length