Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2017, 07:28 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Great game deals
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Print
Author Topic: Great game deals  (Read 71011 times)
rawrsaurus_rex
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 23, 2014, 02:28 pm »

If the Target deal seems too much (even though it is a killer deal), I just got a refurbished Wii U and two Wii Motion+ controllers for $240. The Wii U (comes with Nintendo Land) is $200, and each controller is $20.

If you get all of the games Lee did, however, it looks like the Target deal might be a bit better. (The price of a refurbished Wii U, 2 additional controllers, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Mario/Luigi U, Mario Kart 8, and Wind Waker [free] would be around $410, depending on where you're shopping).

Also, I picked up this nifty charge station for $12. It has been working perfectly well, so far.
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 23, 2014, 02:40 pm »

ARMA 3 is 18 in the Steam sale, If you haven't played it a rather dry singleplayer mode is more than compensated for by the amazing Altis Life.
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: June 23, 2014, 03:47 pm »

rawr, does that refurb deal require you to pay for shipping? If I've done my math right it looks like I could not only save ~$15 bucks but also get Nintendoland and Wonderful 101 if I took the Wii U back to Target, picked up the refurbished system and got another set of games from Target (Super Mario + Super Luigi + Wonderful 101 with one of those being free from the B2G1 deal).

Obvious downside is having to wait for the dang thing to ship but it is probably worth it for two extra games (that I want anyway) at a lower overall cost.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:58 pm by Remington Lonespear » Logged

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
rawrsaurus_rex
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 23, 2014, 04:47 pm »

Lee- yeah, it was $5 for standard shipment, but I ponied up $10 for 2-day shipping. So I guess it is a question over whether the time delay + saving $5-10 is worth it?
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: June 23, 2014, 05:17 pm »

Has your experience with your refurbished system been good? Reviews online seem to indicate that they are like new.

Because I did some math and if my calculations are correct I can spend about $7 more than I've already spent and get 2 more games + $39 in Best Buy store credit out of the deal:

Refurb Wii U + Nintendoland = 220.38 after shipping and tax (standard shipping)

Target B2G1 Deal #1
SM3DWorld (49.83 pm to Amazon)
Pikmin 3 (49.23 pm to Amazon)
Mario Kart 8 (Free with B2G1)
Wind Waker HD (Free with MK8)
Cost: $101.63 (after tax + Redcard discount)

Target B2G1 Deal #2
Mario Kart 8 ($48.69 pm to Amazon)
New Super Luigi U ($24.89 pm to Amazon)
Wonderful 101 (Free with B2G1)
Cost: $75.49 (after tax + Redcard discount)

Then, I open one of the MK8s and redeem the second code to get New Super Mario Bros. U for free (you can do this if you register a child account over age 13 under your main account). Trade in Mk8 to Best Buy for $39 in store credit.

Total Haul (bold are new additions):
Refurb'd Wii U + Gamepad
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros Wii U
New Super Luigi U
Wind Waker HD
Nintendoland
Wonderful 101
$39 Best Buy store credit

So that's a like-new system, 8 games, and almost enough left over store credit to buy a pro controller or another game for a total out of pocket cost of $397.50.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 05:29 pm by Remington Lonespear » Logged

rawrsaurus_rex
Buddy Friend Pal

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 23, 2014, 05:43 pm »

Fancy savings footwork!

I got my refurbished Wii U about a week ago, and it seems like a perfectly new system. There were no markings on the actual system or Wii U Gamepad that made me think this was previously owned. So, it has been all very positive so far. Review I had read before I made the purchase from six months out also said they had zero problems with their system.

The only very minor drawback was that I couldn't register Nintendoland for Club Nintendo points, as it had been previously owned. I don't know if that matters to you, but the points were rather negligible anyways (I think I'd get 15 points? Registering a game like MK8 will get you 60 points).
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: June 23, 2014, 05:57 pm »

Yeah I have read that too, it seems to be hit or miss on whether you can register the system/game for Club points as it is determined by whether the previous owner registered it already. Thanks for the insight on the refurb, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and go through with the deal above.

Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: June 24, 2014, 10:04 pm »

Target didn't have Super Luigi so I decided to go for Lego the Movie the Game instead. I used the Best Buy gift card towards the purchase of a Pro Controller. I am now set until Smash Bros and Zelda come out and then after that I'll never need a new Wii U game again.

fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 25, 2014, 12:11 pm »

Kerbal Space Program is on sale as one of today's daily deals, and it is well worth the price, it easily has 150 hours of non-repetitive gameplay and in a month or two the next update will add in program budgets and contracts, so you will be able to put up satellite networks to get money if you're tight or you can just do your next mission if you're efficient.
barco
Buddy Friend Pal

Life is a difficult process

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 10, 2014, 11:08 am »

The new Humble Bundle is 2k games, including XCOM and the Bioshock series. I'm waiting to see what the bonus games are, but this looks like good value for money

Anger at the Boner Funeral
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 10, 2014, 06:16 pm »

Amazon is having a Paradox collection sale. Steam keys for EU4, CK2, Vicky 2, Sengoku(crap), EU3 (unnecessary with EU4), and HOI3 (crap and HOI4 is coming out in 5 months and looking good)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GWTN8K2/

It's $15 which is a great deal for CK2 and EU4 if you don't have those and Vicky2 is interesting too, I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have either CK2 or EU4 but are interested.
Navigator2001Plus
Richard "Dick" "The Dickman" Dongman, professional dong-man
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2014, 01:02 am »

There's a bunch of stuff on sale on PSN for $0.99 through the weekend.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/11/flash-sale-20-games-0-99-each-this-weekend-only/

<Skeletonic> nav is very important to me
<SuperCalvin> So as I was saying, navigator is handsome
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2014, 09:25 pm »

Another Paradox Sale going on:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/paradox
Skeletonic
Skeletronic
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

FIGHT ME IRL

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 26, 2014, 01:11 pm »

Working as of yesterday (July 25th), if you have an Origin account and go to Redeem Code, enter the code "I-LOVE-THE-SIMS" to get the entire Sims 2 ultimate collection.

Anyone who likes Sims 2 a lot probably has all that stuff anyway, but it's a lot of free content if you like the Sims but don't want to plop any money on 3 or 4.

if loving me is wrong, everybody is right
Navigator2001Plus
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2014, 03:32 am »

PS4s for $359.99 on eBay sold by buy.com:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-4-500GB-Gaming-Console/161392447205?pt=Video_Games&hash=item2593bd4ee5

Free shipping and probably no tax unless you live in California.

Navigator2001Plus
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2014, 01:44 am »

Octodad: Dadliest Catch is half off right now ($7.49 down from $14.99) on Steam and PS4 and whatever the hell else it might be on. It's a lot of fun, and they also released two extra levels this week for free. I dropped a urinal cake into some pizza sauce and made a pizza and served the pizza and some people ate the pizza. Best game ever.

88FingersLouie
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

Back to Abnormal

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2014, 04:00 pm »

Newegg is having a big digital download sale, and you get an extra 20% off with the code EMCWWPW22

Your mother is so fat, she couldn't fit on a FAT32 file system. We solved the problem by upgrading to a more modern format, but sadly it's acronym does not lend itself to this joke.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 22, 2014, 06:15 pm »

Three free copies of Insurgency courtesy of Humble Bundle. First come first serve.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=KB6ccZXNPd6nX7M8

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2014, 01:13 pm »

Titanfall is $5

Though it IS origin instead of Steam.

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
raknade
Buddy Friend Pal

Move along there there there that's that

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 03, 2014, 01:36 pm »

The PC subsection of this blog has gotten me some sweet deals http://savygamer.co.uk/

I got Arkham Origins for 2.80, Borderlands Pre-Sequel for 9, new Wolfenstein for 8.50 and Alien: Isolation for 12 and now I'm afraid to go near it again in case I end up destitute.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length