Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 07:53 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fuck the Police
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: Fuck the Police  (Read 109530 times)
jimbob
AKA Billy
Book Smart

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2012, 02:28 pm »

About time we had a dedicated police brutality thread, right? Especially since it's a banned topic on some websites.

Here's some Florida cops tasering a guy for asking them for the reason they wanted to see his ID.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y4jFi0wLIQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y4jFi0wLIQ</a>

Here's more to the story, the police department are so pleased with their men that they're going to use the video for training in how to deal with uppity blacks:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/crossing-street-illegally-gets-man-zapped-jailed/nPrJ7/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:44 am by Zach » Logged

Luna Fortuna

Rock Stacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 02:33 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJKohYSeguk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJKohYSeguk</a>
jimbob
AKA Billy
Book Smart

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 02:52 pm »

Thanks Luna, that video is clearly intended to jokingly highlight how prevalent sexual misconduct is among policemen.
The IACP have released a guide on dealing with the culture of sexual abuse in a police force, but it's clearly a symptom of the wider culture of brutality in policing.

Kill All Cops.

Luna Fortuna

Rock Stacker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 03:05 pm »

Dude there would be a lot more rapes without the disincentive of a police force. And if you kill all cops, you'll take out the association of chiefs of police who released that sensitive guide. No no, what you want on your poster board is, "Kill all killers, hobble all bullies, weed out all misconduct."  Just invest in a bigger board.
JonasSalk
Still Alive And Now 22
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 03:55 pm »

I knew I recognized those accents. Way to go Central Florida. I think we should just kill at the bad, authority abusing cops, but that would mean, killing most of them, and then disbanding the rest, because they can't effectively police the streets with their small amount of manpower. Man, fuck it. We might as well KILL ALL COPS. If you decide to become a cop, because you believe in helping the community, start by not tasering dudes, and then start killing all cops.

Shit, not tasering black dudes is probably pretty hard. Maybe, you guys could start in the opposite direction by tasering more white dudes until it evens out, and then gradually bringing down both numbers.

One day I'll say something special.
Thicket
Sucks at High Fiving

Don't try to dig what we all say.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 03:56 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gyNxM0aDk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gyNxM0aDk</a>

EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 05:50 pm »

Is this thread just for police brutality or can it be about shitfuck cops in general?

Because this just happened.

FLORIDA – According to local media in the area, an innocent man is dead after Sheriff’s deputies in Lake County, Florida got the wrong address in pursuit of a murder suspect, barged into a man’s house at 1:30am, and shot him in his own house even though they did not announce they were the police.

TV station WESH reported today that Andrew Lee Scott, age 26, was killed when sheriff’s deputies mistakenly went to his house late at night, mistakenly thinking that they had the address of a murder suspect instead.  The murder suspect had parked his motorcycle in a parking space in a parking lot front of Scott’s apartment building and although deputies did not see him go in that particular unit, they assumed that Scott’s apartment was the suspect’s home.

When deputies entered the home, they said that Scott had a gun held in his hands, possibly for his own defense to ward off an unannounced intruder at such a late hour.  Scott did not shoot at the deputies, but they shot and killed him as they entered the home.

Good job guys. Nice policing.
CestMoi
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 05:57 pm »

FUCK THE POLICE
Commodore 64
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 06:11 pm »

How many times is the internet gonna get outraged by these "guy gets intentionally tased so he can get the video on the internet" things before they realize it's not working?

EFHRK's link is way more worrying, because the media universally feels it's relevant to say things like:

The department told the TV station that they searched Scott’s home after they killed him and found drugs and drug paraphenalia.

Hey don't worry, we killed an innocent guy, but he was a drug user (other articles clarify that they found pot and pipes). So I mean obviously this all balances out, it's fine for cops to shoot dudes as long as we later find out they were doing something illegal.
jimbob
AKA Billy
Book Smart

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 06:25 pm »

Did you even watch the video, Commodore 64? If so, you should watch it again and decide if you still think that guy got intentionally tasered.

And then you should think about it a bit more and realise that that man's intentions are completely immaterial, and the outrage is because the policemen's actions are not a reasonable or legitimate response to that man's actions.

Commodore 64
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 06:52 pm »

Yeah, I watched the video, and every single thing about it seemed totally manufactured. Maybe I'm wrong, but when you've got a guy screaming a seemingly-rehearsed speech, a friend who conveniently films an apparently extremely minor offense, etc., it's hard not to think everything about the thing was intentionally.

And, seriously, are we gonna pretend to believe that a major problem in this country is black guys getting tased for violating crosswalk signals?

There are real problems in the world, police brutality being among them. This video does not represent a real problem.

Also, I completely agree that what these officers did was obviously wrong, but most Americans don't give a fuck about tasers, and I hope someday these viral video guys realize that.
Commodore 64
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 06:53 pm »

Also I obviously didn't respond to your post, and you're right, the guy's intentions are immaterial to whether this specific situation is wrong, but they are material as to whether this is a systemic problem or a guy milking the internet outrage machine.
thermus aquaticus
Still Owes Me Five Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 07:10 pm »

but they are material as to whether this is a systemic problem or a guy milking the internet outrage machine.

No they aren't. That's a false dichotomy. It's possible that the guy's intentions and the internet outrage machine might have something to do with how right or wrong the cops where, but you'd need a better line of reasoning to make that conclusion. I think you're still just trying to salvage a thoughtless argument.

Wooer et ass, 2013
jimbob
AKA Billy
Book Smart

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 07:12 pm »

That "most Americans" angle is just the same weasel language you used when you were challenged after pretending not to understand what the Occupy protests were about. I guess you're a world-weary cynic. So I'm sure you will have heard it all before when I say that your whole response to this video and news article seems to betray your privilege. Yes, it is a problem that black guys get tasered for asking for reasonable suspicion from policemen and other similar breaches of etiquette. Of course, being the detached cynic, you know that that doesn't happen and if you see it happen it must be staged.

I'm going to bed now. I would give you a better reply, but I'm tired and if you have honestly watched that video and read that article and don't see cause for concern, I'm not sure that anything I say would make a difference. I guess I can try to make the case better tomorrow if you wish.

SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Contextually Post-black Pop-star Rapper

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 07:27 pm »

And, seriously, are we gonna pretend to believe that a major problem in this country is black guys getting tased for violating crosswalk signals?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, way to suck, guy.

Now maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, jimbob was posting the video as a representation of a problem that extends to beyond just incidents of improper crosswalk use, wherein excessive force is used on black men for whom there is not a justifiable crime or resistance to make said force necessary. Nah, that can't be it. Writing it off as a non-thing because he hadn't committed a more serious crime so it's not an issue makes sense and is totally not the opposite of logical.
Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 07:33 pm »

hey dumbfuck we are gonna believe that a major problem in your shitty country is black guys getting harshly treated for shit that white dudes would get away with, you stupid fuck

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
JonasSalk
Still Alive And Now 22
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 08:13 pm »

Cops tasering black dudes is just a step away from cops beating black dudes, and then cops arresting black and hispanic dudes at unreasonable rates as opposed to the arrest rate of white dudes.

Of course police brutality is a major world issue, and of course a cop using a taser isn't always police brutality, but sometimes it is. This is one of those times, the dude just asked a question, after jaywalking, mind you, and then got tased. That's pretty brutal, and these guys are police, that makes it police brutality.

One day I'll say something special.
krys
Internet Person

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 08:15 pm »

I couldn't watch the whole thing. Was it...was it seriously jaywalking that he was charged for? Because holy crap kill all cops.
GoMichael
Grade A Fucking Moron
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

Odious Shitballoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 09:01 pm »

Fuck some cops.
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 10:37 pm »

Yeah, I watched the video, and every single thing about it seemed totally manufactured. Maybe I'm wrong, but when you've got a guy screaming a seemingly-rehearsed speech, a friend who conveniently films an apparently extremely minor offense, etc., it's hard not to think everything about the thing was intentionally.

You should apply for a job at Fox News. You're just the right kind of unquestioningly stupid to to nail that job.

EDIT: Kill all cops.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:56 pm by HyperGlavin » Logged

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length