Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 25, 2017, 08:31 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Sanctum Sanctorum
| | |-+  Body Image Stuff
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: Body Image Stuff  (Read 38589 times)
BSam
Wikipedia Nazi Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2016, 06:27 am »

yeah me too jimbob plus i'm depressed and just generally terrible
HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2016, 08:39 pm »

And you smell

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
BSam
Wikipedia Nazi Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2016, 02:27 am »

yeah but you smell like a fart
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2016, 06:22 pm »

So my girlfriend's apartment bathroom has a mirrored medicine cabinet right next to the main mirror, and the way they align it creates a bizarro painting-whose-eyes-follow-you effect in that no matter where in the bathroom you are you can't see your face in the reflections which are bouncing off both mirrors, so you get basically yourself with your middle six inches cut out.

Fun side effect of this, I can literally see my body dysmorphia in action! Looking over at that mirror where I essentially see my body without the context of my full identity I like my arms, then I look at the mirror in front of me at my normal reflection and they look smaller and puny. It's not like some insanely different thing, but even knowing they're both me it is still noticeably different depending on which I'm looking at, even if I'm just bouncing from one reflection to the other. No matter how much I sit there and go "this is dumb, those are both you," this remains a thing.

The human brain is stupid!
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Killer Blob Supporter

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 09, 2016, 06:24 pm »

On the bright side, I recently had my weight-cut stuff from my first tournament in my on this day, and I had totally forgotten I competed at 139 lbs. back then and not 149. I would have to cut off an arm to do that now, so woo for moderate progress in the area of about 10-15 pounds or so in a year!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length