Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2017, 07:16 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Sanctum Sanctorum
| | |-+  Body Image Stuff
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print
Author Topic: Body Image Stuff  (Read 49613 times)
evilspud
Street Smart

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2015, 08:56 pm »

By the way, thank you so much for asking.  I should've put that in my first post but I'm also really tired.  I got held up at work and didn't get home until 8:30.

I know it's Tuesday but I think I deserve my flannel weekend pants.

C'mon stop being a dick just screenshot the best bits for us.
jimbob
AKA Billy
Book Smart

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2015, 04:38 am »

evil's bod

Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2015, 04:53 am »

No worries man. It's hell of tough when you're ashamed of who you are. I know I was there for ages and I still go back sometimes.

Plus side, sounds like you've got a solid support in your lady - reinforcement that you don't have anything to be ashamed about (although I know it's a slow process to internalise that).

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
CatAstrophe
Gay Dolphin Sex
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2015, 01:33 am »

Hey spud, major life changes can take more than 3 months to "recover" from, even if they aren't necessarily unpleasant life changes. I'm glad to see you had a good time with your girlfriend, I wish I could offer you some self acceptance advice but I am nowhere near there yet. Hang in there. I feel like appreciating your body no matter how it looks and getting your body to look the way you want is a constantly moving target.

fermun   haha, if killing babies offends you, this may not be the show for you
Benny B

Sawed-off Thought-gun

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2015, 02:28 am »

Hang in there, bud. For me, I definitely go through phases of both accepting and disliking my body. The best I've come across as a method of not loathing myself is to think of the things I like about myself, and realize that even if I don't like something about my body-- THAT is something I can work on. What's left after that is still someone who's a pretty good guy. Even if you fall off for a few months, you still KNOW you're the person that is good, that is worthwhile, and you can always reclaim and exceed your previous successes.

After Thanksgiving I'm back to 225, but I know I can get back to 220 in a couple weeks. Going to try to keep my monthly dietary relaxation time to just christmas eve, so I have less damage to undo this month. Luckily after the holidays things get way easier to balance. Also, if anyone is trying to lose weight still, holy shit throw some lifting in. It makes weight come off easier if you slip for a little while. My goals for the month are tentatively to get down to 218 and to get my max deadlift(which is a thing I haven't done much before a month or two ago) up to 365lbs. Stretch goal for the end of January is 400.
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2016, 09:36 pm »

alright fuck you all i joined a fucking gym

fuck
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2016, 11:01 pm »

do it!

BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2016, 12:28 am »

i did.

now my everything hurts.
CatAstrophe
Gay Dolphin Sex
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2016, 01:00 am »

The more* you do it, the less it hurts!

*up to a point, no more than once a day

BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2016, 03:38 am »

i seem to be losing 1kg a week so far

hopefully that gets better once i get over this bad alcohoic binge week

Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2016, 06:56 pm »

first session with a personal trainer yesterday

i regret my decisions

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2016, 02:41 pm »

i got a job that's only 2 miles from my house so I decided that next week i'm gonna start walking to work every day weather permitting. i'll let you guys know how it goes.

also i'm switching to diet coke to drink with my bourbon. from regular coke.

Benny B

Sawed-off Thought-gun

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2016, 04:29 pm »

I had some sort of head cold that turned into pneumonia a few weeks ago, then was super lazy getting back into the habit of going to the gym, so I've kinda been a piece of shit for a while, but this last week I've been hitting things pretty consistently and really monitoring my diet. Somehow I've just about hit my goal of losing 10lbs since mid-February, so I'm going to crush it for one more week then have a treat day next weekend for my birthday.
CatAstrophe
Gay Dolphin Sex
Hurker

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2016, 10:08 pm »

i got a job that's only 2 miles from my house so I decided that next week i'm gonna start walking to work every day weather permitting. i'll let you guys know how it goes.

also i'm switching to diet coke to drink with my bourbon. from regular coke.
You may laugh, but I started doing both these things a year and a half ago and dropped 10 lbs.

DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2016, 10:35 pm »

that's actually good to know. i'm trying to lose more so i will probably eat less garbage too.

evilspud
Street Smart

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2016, 06:31 pm »

There is a gym not two blocks from where I live and I am going to buddy right up to the elliptical in there. 

I'm at 195 pounds, and I made a promise to myself that I would never break 200 again. 

C'mon stop being a dick just screenshot the best bits for us.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
Contextually Post-black Pop-star Rapper

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2016, 01:55 pm »

I got myself up to 158, then tried to make a bigger-than-planned cut for a grappling competition in an effort to get out of the same bracket as a teammate. Ended up being unable to safely get there, competed at my original target, and lost 5 lbs. that didn't come back on after rehydrating as a result of changing my diet for a few weeks trying to make the lower weight. Sigh.

I've been pretty out of training the past few weeks with injuries and resting after it, and now have a week off for vacation, so I feel kinda awful about my self-image right now, so, you know, naturally I'm off to meet my girlfriend's family for the first time. At a campground in Florida. Where I will be shirtless and in tank tops for substantial portions of the week.

Farts.
Benny B

Sawed-off Thought-gun

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2016, 07:05 pm »

Careful with that cutting stuff. I was in wrestling for 10 years, and the last 3 in high school absolutely erased my metabolism, which is probably why I ended up gaining 80lbs. after I graduated.
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2016, 03:58 am »

Anybody tried the Shaun T beachbody stuff? Insanity was out of my league so I moved on to T25 and by week 2 I lost an inch off my waist. I've never done serious core work before, my obliques are becoming firm and sensual and I can't stop rubbing them
jimbob
AKA Billy
Book Smart

Chelonoidis nigra

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2016, 05:35 am »

I'm a flabby lump

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length