Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2017, 07:45 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Sanctum Sanctorum
| | |-+  Has the Supreme Court just gone crazy or what?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Has the Supreme Court just gone crazy or what?  (Read 1821 times)
Johnny Roastbeef
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2012, 06:14 pm »

Man arrested mistakenly, imprisoned for a week and strip searched twice, but his rights were not violated.

I realize that I am in no way a legal scholar.  I further realize that I have a liberal bias in my opinions.  But I don' see any way that this can be justified within the bounds of the 4th amendment.  If "mistaken arrest followed by invasive search" isn't the very definition of "unreasonable search and seizure" then what is exactly?

Further, the justification offered by the court: "People detained for minor offenses can turn out to be the most devious and dangerous criminals," seems to be the fundamental purpose of that amendment.  Anyone can be a criminal.  But my understanding of our entire justice system is that it's predicated on the notion that the government cannot investigate everyone simply as a precaution.

Am I overreacting to this?  Is there something that my legal naivette is missing?

Because freshness is expected of any hip-hop artist, I avoid using traditional techniques.
Zach
Artist, Allusionist, Ape
Admin

Human, all too human

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:44 pm »

The Supreme Court is a corrupt body that votes 5-4 in favor of corporate interests at the expense of the vast majority of citizens.

The Onion hit the nail on the head, this hardly even qualifies as satire anymore.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length