Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2014, 11:52 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Games and Stuff With Wires
| | |-+  Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: This is How Tiims Are Made.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Let's Play Crusader Kings 2: This is How Tiims Are Made.  (Read 21451 times)
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 12:06 pm »

(click to show/hide)
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 03:01 pm »

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:36 pm by fermun » Logged
Lukeington
Novice LARPer

If at first you don't succeed, try power tools.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 03:48 pm »

am i in jail?
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 03:52 pm »

Nah, you were imprisoned for losing your rebellion but the kingdom needed money to hire mercenaries to survive and so you were ransomed. You paid 70 gold (your income is 1.06 gold a month), and the kingdom survived.
Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2012, 06:10 pm »

Remind me, who controls Tarragona and Rosello? They've got some pain coming their way.

<TDF> Karlski only has one rule
<TDF> And that rule is "get fucked"
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 10:42 pm »

(click to show/hide)
dustbuster
Posthulhu

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2012, 11:41 pm »

That battle was won, and a look at Dustbuster II. He's 9 and only has 1 trait so far, genetic ugliness!

Did you forget to assign him a guardian?  Or did his guardian die at some point?
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2012, 11:52 pm »

Hmmm, he has a guardian 2 or 3 pictures before he inherits and then lacks one as he inherits. I had given him off to a guy http://i.imgur.com/jkgrh.jpg and that person died shortly before Sancho II died and then it looks like I did not reassign a guardian. He's only 11 so there's time to give him a new one.
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 08:52 pm »

(click to show/hide)
Lukeington
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 09:11 pm »

I don't really know because I don't understand what is more beneficial in this game, but I say option one, then move on to the islands afterwards.
Parcae
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 10:24 pm »

What factors affect building a navy? It strikes me that, if you use maritime provinces for that, then a navy might be quite useful to interdict reinforcements from Moroccan Mauretania in the next war. So I guess that's another vote for the rump of Valencia.

Cordoba looks like a bad idea because it will give you a border with Beja and I assume they would dogpile you if given half a chance.

I like the part where he fucked the cat.
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 11:41 pm »

I don't really know because I don't understand what is more beneficial in this game, but I say option one, then move on to the islands afterwards.
It comes down to how rich a county is and what de jure kingdom it is under.

Green is richer, the color takes into account everything including stuff like the recently conquered flags. Most of the red tinted stuff in the peninsula is because of the recently conquered of a different religion flag on the county. Basically to get rich enough to start improving everything until we're powerful enough to crusade, we need to take bright green counties and then convert them.

The last county in Valencia and Mallorca/Menorca are part of the de jure Kingdom of Aragon

What factors affect building a navy? It strikes me that, if you use maritime provinces for that, then a navy might be quite useful to interdict reinforcements from Moroccan Mauretania in the next war. So I guess that's another vote for the rump of Valencia.

Cordoba looks like a bad idea because it will give you a border with Beja and I assume they would dogpile you if given half a chance.

Building a navy is the same sort of idea as raising levies. All baronies in coastal counties get some ships which you can raise as needed.

We can raise 16 ourselves and get another 46 from vassals if we need to, but at the cost of a temporary loss of relationship with them. Navies can not interdict though, there is no naval battle in Ck2. A larger navy would just allow us to strike at their home.

As for a war with Beja, yeah that's pretty likely, but we can almost hire holy orders now, just 50 more piety to go, easily possible, though the Templars and the Hospitallers are both currently under contract with the King of Denmark conquering Finland and Prussia. They are normally 7000 soldier armies that work like mercenaries but super cheap.
Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 12:21 am »

Yeah finish beating up Mallorca, grab those islands since one of them is rich, then move on to take Cordoba's shit.

Gitro
Sucks at High Fiving

Feminazi Manhater

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 07:17 am »

I agree, take the last county in Valencia then move on to the islands.

Australia has a serious gap in its defence against timber refugee boats because over-the-horizon radar can't pick them up and current ship and aircraft radars have limited range.
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 02:10 pm »

(click to show/hide)
Lukeington
Novice LARPer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 03:29 pm »

Karlski seems like the best choice.
SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
An Actual Pony

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 12:24 am »

What are the pros/cons of giving the higher title to the most powerful person? I'd imagine there's a greater risk that if Karlski does revolt he will be difficult to put down, but if he stays loyal will his higher stats make him better at supporting the empire?
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 01:08 am »

The better the stats, the better they run their duchy. Namely the stats you're looking for in a good vassal are Diplomacy (1st stat) and Stewardship (3rd stat). If they get disloyal, the stats to worry about are Martial (2nd stat) and Intrigue (4th stat). Learning doesn't matter too much in your vassals. Karlski's relationship with us will max out if we give him the duchy title.

There's also the trait Ambitious to think about, Pelayo is ambitious (the little circle with the thought bubble with a crown in it). That means if he's a count, he will want to kill the duke and take his place, if he's a duke, he will want to kill the king and take his place. I've been dealing with him, but now it's going to be a choice of either putting him into a more powerful position or putting someone over him and hoping they deal with him well.
Karlski
ಠ_ಠ
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2012, 08:18 am »

My namesake seems to have the best stats, he seems the obvious choice. Plus, look at that beard.

SteelFan714
Bandage Sniffer
An Actual Pony

The Icon of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 11:17 am »

In that case, if Karlski is going to be about as pro-King as we could ask for, then giving him the title seems best given he is much better at the helpful stats and fat enough to not be bothered with ambition.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length