Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2017, 04:02 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  AV Club
| | |-+  The New Releases (Film)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Print
Author Topic: The New Releases (Film)  (Read 113328 times)
Navigator2001Plus
Richard "Dick" "The Dickman" Dongman, professional dong-man
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: December 06, 2017, 01:21 am »

the whole movie is in the trailer and Thanos looks bad.

I really don't see that at all. The trailer never shows Thanos with all six stones, there's so much unexplained stuff in it, and any of the original main characters could be killed off. The Spider-Man: Homecoming trailers pretty much laid out their entire hand, but not this one.

Also, I think Thanos looks fine.

<Skeletonic> nav is very important to me
<SuperCalvin> So as I was saying, navigator is handsome
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 06, 2017, 04:22 am »

the whole movie is in the trailer and Thanos looks bad.

nope
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 06, 2017, 07:46 am »

I don't get people saying he looks bad. He's a big purple space man. He looks about as good as that concept is ever going to look.

It sounds like you do understand people saying he looks bad, you are just justifying it to yourself and really you should learn to love yourself more.

But yes it looks like the same shitty cgi they used for him before and I guess I thought they would put more effort in for the movie hes in for more than 30 seconds and especially in daylight looks pretty dumb. Still time for them to polish it up though.

Anyway the movie looks fine or whatever you cant really tell anything from the trailer apart from needlessly telling you some minor plot points, I hope its not as badly written and dumb as the last avengers, civil war had a lot of characters but still had a smooth/good plot by really just focusing on a few and using the rest for one big action scene. Also it had an interesting villain which im not sure we have this time. I hope they take the same tact/lessons from that anyway and all the others featured are glorified cameos or just there for a few plot points. I am assuming the guardians at least wont actually come to earth and just be there for space thor stuff at the start and jet off, as that seems like the first character overload problem.

But I assume it will probably be fine, most marvel movies at this point are pretty good, simple dumb fun to a formula with lovable characters. The clusterfuck of this being what they worked towards for so long with now so many threads and characters could negate that though. But if its bad I will get to pwn nerds online like Nav/Bsam who insist its not, so win win really.
EFHRK
ABORTION FORESTFUCK
Hurker

I am a huddled mass

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 06, 2017, 02:13 pm »

I don't get a sense of rising stakes from this trailer because every superhero movie is about this apocalypse is even more impossible to prevent than the last one because the new big bad guy is even more omnipotent than the last one, honest.

This is how I feel about all of these movies now
Navigator2001Plus
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 08, 2017, 03:21 am »

I am assuming the guardians at least wont actually come to earth and just be there for space thor stuff at the start and jet off, as that seems like the first character overload problem.

They do come to Earth. The leaked trailer earlier this year showed scenes with them around all the other characters.

But if its bad I will get to pwn nerds online like Nav/Bsam who insist its not, so win win really.

I don't just give every superhero movie a pass like certain people (EFHRK) insist I do. As an example, I saw Justice League the other week and it fucking suuuuucked.

HyperGlavin
bridge and tunnel dyke
Probably a postbot

I'm a cool guy irl

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 08, 2017, 04:04 am »

Wow, I'm definitely not going to see justice league if nav says it sucks. He gives every superhero movie a pass

Yes, come on, get a dog up you, you rapscallion.
Navigator2001Plus
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 08, 2017, 04:35 am »

>:O

Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 08, 2017, 06:27 am »

Well the trailer didnt ruin the plot for me but Nav did. So now I am never watching another marvel film.

Until they buy fox in the next few days I guess and we can finally see the movie where Hulk fucks The Thing.
BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 08, 2017, 01:45 pm »

Wow, I'm definitely not going to see justice league if nav says it sucks.

i liked it
Remington Lonespear
#buttchat
Deathfat

Neil deGrasse Tyson for the motherepic shit win

View Profile WWW
« Reply #669 on: December 08, 2017, 05:15 pm »

It sounds like you do understand people saying he looks bad, you are just justifying it to yourself and really you should learn to love yourself more.

No. Saying he "looks bad" when we've see him on screen twice before seems to be a judgment of his execution rather than his design or concept, and there's a difference between those. The concept of Thanos as a big purple space man was dumb in the comics and looks dumb on screen because a big purple space man just looks dumb. But the actual execution of CGI Thanos as a big purple space man in this instance looks totally fine.

[18:30] <JonasSalk> lee was bring nerds together forever
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 09, 2017, 10:06 am »

No it sucks and you suck. Fight me
Kybard
society's stared-at man
Mod

HOW ARE YOU

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 09, 2017, 11:14 am »

in other CGI monstrosity news, oh god someone please kill it

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw</a>

but it's not so great when you consider that it's coming from an alive lady
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 09, 2017, 04:53 pm »

Even though it looks goofy as hell at least this iteration of Video Games the Movie seems to be trying to have a narrative based on actual human themes

Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 09, 2017, 06:22 pm »

Is the human theme what if our waifu bot had to fight a giant cyborg?
Navigator2001Plus
Admin

That's what she said.

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 10, 2017, 03:03 am »

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5a2cea1c75671-alita-battles-the-pink-robots.php

Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: December 11, 2017, 12:30 am »

Is the human theme what if our waifu bot had to fight a giant cyborg?

No, it's the classic question of if robots can ever be considered a

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fu8ZxBmcnU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fu8ZxBmcnU</a>

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length