Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2017, 11:33 pm

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  AV Club
| | |-+  Breaking Bad (Yeah, it's a TV thread so there's going to be spoilers)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Breaking Bad (Yeah, it's a TV thread so there's going to be spoilers)  (Read 87698 times)
Technohawk
Spacesquatch
Mod

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:23 am »

Season 3 airs this Sunday, the 21st of March.

The season 2 finale might not have been up to everyone's standards but since 99% of season 2 was fantastic I'm completely willing to let it go and keep on loving this show.

Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:58 am »

It was only literally that last one percent (the much foreshadowed event which it turns out was stupid and pretty irrelevent) that dissapointed me. The rest of s2 was pretty damn awesome. I cant wait for 3 to start, im interested to see how the new dynamic plays out and where they are going with it.
MadPiper6
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:15 am »

Yeah, I fell in love with this sometime late last year. I had assumed season 3 was already underway, so it's good to know that I'm not just a bad fan who fails to support the shows he loves.

Anyway, the only thing that has ever really bothered me about this show is that I seriously hate when episodes begin with the main character in an impossible-looking situation, or there is a minister looking directly at the camera saying, "Main Character has died. He was a good man. Eighteen Hours Earlier!" then when you get to the end, the minister says exactly that, then he turns to Main Character, who is standing next to him, smiling, and says "Anyway that's probably what I would say at your funeral if you were to die."

I do have a terrible memory for details because I tend to watch entire series in a couple of sittings, so I could be completely wrong and dumb, but that just seems to happen a lot, and, of course, the Season 2 finale.

Still, that's just one nitpick about an amazing show with amazing characters and amazing stories and I shouldn't complain so much.
raknade
Buddy Friend Pal

Move along there there there that's that

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 12:22 pm »

So the first episode in season 3 was pretty great, but did they have to do the "guys blow something up and then walk away, not looking while it explodes in the background" thing? Because that's getting silly.
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:51 pm »

Yes, that was cheesy as hell.
Aceaz
Potential Friend

style and comfort for the discerning crotch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 03:38 pm »

Although, yes, the being far too cool to look at the explosion thing was cheesy, I'm still just happy that Breaking Bad is back on the air. I'm hoping Walt Jr. gets more screentime as well.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBEEEEEEEES
Technohawk
Spacesquatch
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 05:31 pm »

Call him Flynn.

I liked the episode. Apart from the cheese of the walking away from explosions I it's good that the threat to Walt is a more literal this time and not mysterious body bags filmed in black and white.
Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 09:30 am »

There were parts that I found a little silly, and it was mainly in the setup for the coming season, and not the bits that bridged storylines from the prior season but this is more because I didn't actually know what was going on. I am assuming that these will be explained in later episodes. Breaking Bad is known for presenting you with stuff you don't understand and then explaining it later on.

As for all of the stuff that followed on from last season, great!

A lot of people didn't like the ending to last season, and I'd like to give my thoughts on that.

(click to show/hide)

i came up in this world so cold. that's why my heart's on froze
Mr Gale
Unbannable
Admin

I am Poirot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 09:38 am »

Well, that wasnt my problem at all.

(click to show/hide)
Aceaz
Potential Friend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 06:25 pm »

Call him Flynn.

No, his name is Walter Jr!

Also, I kept getting more and more worried that they were going to end just on the twins sitting on the bed. While I'm happy they didn't do that, I'm still pissed that I've got to wait a week until I see the next one.

Finally, holy shit Jesse

YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBEEEEEEEES
Technohawk
Spacesquatch
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 11:05 pm »

I think Jesse has come to terms with his inner bad guy.

It's also nice to see that they are sticking with what works, which is Walt being pantsless.
Nedroid
Presented by Louis Vuitton
Buddy Friend Pal

Astronaut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 09:05 am »

I'm surprised everyone is glossing over the real question here: where on Earth did Walt find a pizza that ridiculously huge?
Aceaz
Potential Friend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 09:45 am »

PIZZAAAAA

Nedroid
Buddy Friend Pal

Astronaut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 10:07 am »

It's ludicrously huge
MadPiper6
Hyperbolic Paraboloid

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 11:51 am »

I wanted to ask that myself, but I didn't anyone thinking I was from  a part of the world with small pizza. It seems like that would be something to be ashamed about.
Hamburdracula
Potential Friend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 01:56 pm »

Any "Giant Pizza King" type of place usually has those. We have several in my area.
MWB
Nevermind, Just Another Jerk

1 trick of a tiny belly

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 12:49 pm »

Here are my retardedly nitpicky comments re. the circumstances surrounding Jesse buying his parents' house, coming from me as a real estate lawyer. Feel free to disregard, I'm just venting.

1. Jesse's parents' lawyer looking grumpy because of his "flat fee clients". I'm sorry, but any lawyer in the world would bill extra for negotiations with a buyer's lawyer, on top of any flat fee.

2. Saul saying he's ready to complete the transaction that same day. Not possible in any land filing regime I've ever heard of.

3. Saul implying that Jesse's parents would be in trouble for not disclosing the meth lab on their contract: (a) Until it's signed by both buyer and seller, it's not a binding contract, and you can't breach a non-existent contract. (b) By bringing it up, he was making clear that the buyer was aware of it--and if the buyer was aware of it, how can there be misrepresentation? (c) Even if it was signed, and the buyer wasn't aware of it, the remedy would be civil, not criminal. It would be a matter of breach of contract and a buyer could sue for damages but that would be a financial matter between the parties, not a criminal matter, and certainly nothing that would justify giving up more than $400,000.

4. Related to 3: Saul saying they would contact the police. Given the parents' relationship with Jesse I get the feeling they wouldn't have a big problem with him being on the hook for the meth lab; as for them, I'm not sure what they knew or when they knew it, and I don't know what the criminal penalties would be for not reporting a known meth lab, but again I can't see it being worth giving up that much cash. I'd call his bluff.

EDIT: re. that last point, the more I think about it the less sense it makes. If they refuse to make a deal and Saul calls the police, couldn't that bring the whole enterprise down on his own head?

Aaaah, that's better. How about that pizza throw, huh?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:14 pm by MWB » Logged
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 03:37 pm »

Has Skyler ever smiled? Even once?
Chez San
Busko Tungus
Food Forum Moderator

femifascist hogwash

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 03:41 pm »

Because I'm imagining her fucking Ted while staring at him like he's a lump of cat shit on the carpet.
Nedroid
Buddy Friend Pal

Astronaut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 03:53 pm »

Well, I imagine being a soulless robot designed to bring only sadness would prevent her from smiling or having any kind of positive emotion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length