Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2018, 10:33 am

Updated Topics | Recent Unread Topics
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Dragon Mountain
|-+  Forum
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Let's Bet!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Let's Bet!  (Read 59876 times)
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:43 pm »

Dragon Mountain Betathon

Do you like to say dumb shit? Do you have what it takes to put fake money on the line over it? Then let's compete. We will all start with $1,000.00 in fake money and you can make almost any bet you want to with it.

Rules
  • To enter, just post that you are in on this, post a bet, or accept a bet. You may enter up until January 31st, the last day of the competition.
  • You will start with $1,000.00
  • If there is ever a time mentioned, it will be considered Pacific time (GMT -8)
  • The competition will run until midnight Pacific time February 1st. Whoever has the most money at that time wins, all bets must be settled before then, any money from outstanding bets will be lost.
  • Maximum bet size will be $50 for the month of December and $100 for the month of January. This is for bets CREATED during that month rather than simply bets that close in that month.
  • Bets can be any size up to maximum, including cents, but no fractions of a cent.
  • If you wish to create a bet or if you create a bet with another player in IRC, post the betting dragon image followed by the details of your bet in bold
  • To accept a bet please quote the details of a bet and in bold say that you accept.
  • The subject of the bet can be anything you want, so long as someone accepts it and it can be resolved before February 1st.
  • No metabets or bets that are a paradox, dumb guys
  • You can have as many open bets as you want, so long as you still have free cash to do so.
  • Bets can only be a one-on-one affair unless you volunteer to track the bet yourself
  • If the odds for the bet are not to be 1:1, give the money value each person is putting up rather than odds.

That's all I can think of, feel free to criticize the rules and we can change them as needed.

The Players
remington      $1,175.00
jimbob         $1,150.00
chronicles         $1,150.00
mgoat         $1,150.00
88fingerslouie      $1,100.00
coog            $1,050.00
badboy         $1,050.00
author         $1,050.00
doctorkill         $1,025.00
driscoll         $1,000.00
mid-boss         $1,000.00
illiterati         $1,000.00
boron         $950.00
madpiper6      $1,050.00
fermun         $975.00
citizen snip      $975.00
skeletonic         $950.00
lukeington      $950.00
subbero         $950.00
bondfiction      $950.00
drunkpiano      $950.00
tiim            $950.00
nicol            $950.00
doctorshenanigans   $950.00
kybard         $950.00
BSam         $950.00
raconteur         $950.00
hyperglavin      $900.00
steelfan714      $900.00
catastrophe      $900.00

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:38 am by fermun » Logged
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:43 pm »

Current Bets
I bet $50 that he will endorse himself and run again.
I'll take that bet.

I also bet another $50 that the brave martyrs of Islam will destroy the great Satan (USA) during the final jihad on 5 January 2012.
I will take that bet!

I bet $50 that by December 17, BondFiction will post in all six of the drunk threads.

I'm in and I will take this bet.

I bet $50 that there will be a high-profile celebrity nude picture leak by January 17th, 2012 (a-lister i.e. Scarlett Johannsen)

Bet taken!

I bet $20 that a member of The Rolling Stones dies before February 1st

I'll take this bet

I bet $25 that the 2012 AFC Super Bowl contenders in the NFL will be the Baltimore Ravens
I will take that bet

I bet $25 that BondFiction can not get a space agency (NASA, ESA, JAXA, Roscosmos) to respond to one of his tweets before February

CHALLENGE, I MEAN BET, ACCEPTED

Another IIHF bet, I bet $50 that Canada will take gold
I accept.

I got $50 that says the #1 spot in the JJJ Hottest 100 in January is taken out by Gotye for his song, 'Somebody That I Used To Know'
You're on!

I bet $50 I can get Gale to join this game.
I'll take it.

I bet 50$ that the mother in "How I met your mother" will be a character we haven't already seen (or had less than 10 minutes on air up to now).
I'm in and take both of this bet

I bet $50 that it will in no way be resolved before this contest over
I'm in and take both of this bet

I bet $40 that Diablo 3 will not be released before the end of the contest
I'll take that bet!

I bet $50 that Catastrophe will require clarification of the rules at least twice more before the end of the contest.
You're on. I'm so taking this one.

The IIHF 2012 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships start on the 26th of December and finish on the 5th of January. I bet $35 that none of the top three teams will be either Sweden, Finland, or Denmark
And I am taking this bet.

I bet $50 that whatever siv0r urgently wants Nedroid for is actually not at all urgent or important.
I'll take that bet.

And I bet $50 nedroid answers eventually and is polite and helpful.
That's a lot of requirements to be met, so I'll take it.

I bet $50 that Steve Kean lasts longer in the English Premier League than Owen Coyle.
This is a bet that I will take now

I bet $50 that Tony Abbott will not be the leader of the opposition in Australia on the 31st of January 2012
I'm in, and I will take that bet.

Considering the above, I bet $50 that Donald Trump endorses Newt Gingrich.
Fuck it, I'll take this. I don't think anyone really knows how Trump's mind works

I bet $50 that I fuck this up somehow in the next week (as of 7:00PM, December 15th).
I have a limitless supply of faith in Skeletonic, so I'll take that bet.

I bet $50 that the Trump debate doesn't happen.
Taken

I bet $50 that the Steelers knock the Ravens out of the playoffs again. I will also receive a bonus $50 from my opponent if Bond then admits to crying when it happens.
OBVIOUSLY I AM TAKING THIS.

I bet $50 that I can beat you in heads-up #cracked_trivia, best three out of five
YOU ARE SO ON.

DM:
I bet $50 that Demha does not win a trophy in season three of Blood Bowl.
I bet $50 that a League Deuce team wins 2 Leagues, 1 Cup
I bet $50 that jimbob is promoted in season three.
I bet $50 that Gudamor goes out of Pug Cup on a coin flip

SPORTS:
I bet $50 that Arsenal draw one of the three highest rated second place teams in Champions League draw (teams can be agreed upon, or use UEFA co-efficient, your call.)
I bet $50 that the top four at new years is City, Spurs, United and Arsenal[/spoiler]
I'm taking all of these

I bet $50 somebody get banned from #cracked for gay jokes before the end of the competition.
I accept

I bet $50 that the University of Kentucky Wildcats basketball team will still be ranked #1 in both the AP and Coaches poll on Februrary 1st.
I do not know what these mean but I will take them. Someone tell me if I win

I bet I will finish a game of MW3 with a positive K/D and at least 10 kills. (Current K/d: .225; Current best game 9/15)

I bet $50 that I can beat you in Rock, Paper, Scissors (four of seven) played with a neutral person receiving our plays.
I'll take both of these.

I bet $50 that Manchester United sign a central midfielder for more than 10 million in the January transfer window.
I will take this bet of yours

I bet $50 that I can drink 40 ounces of liquid from cups/glasses faster than you can.
you're on.

I bet $50 that Tim Tebow does not complete a post-season touchdown pass this season.
Let's go, motherfucker. Christ is Lord.

I bet $50 that Notre Dame will beat Florida State in the 2011 Champs Sports Bowl.
You are so fucking on that it's ridiculous.

I bet $50 that, despite receiving only a 38% Rotten Tomatoes score, Cars 2 will still be nominated for Best Animated Feature at the 84th Academy Awards on January 24.
Taken

Yo I got 50 bucks saying Jim Miller finishes Guillard before the third round.
I'll take this bet, take it to the bank.

I bet $50 that Carlos Tevez will still be a Manchester City player when the contest ends
TAKEN

I bet $50 that Mitt Romney is leading the Republican primary candidates, i.e. won the most primaries and caucuses, by 31st January
I take your corrected version of that bet

I bet $50 that Sarah Palin will threaten to run for political office by the end of January
TOOKEN

I bet $100 that the person who bets after me will lose their bet.
I'll take that bet.

I bet $100 that Drapht's song 'Bali Party' makes the top ten in the Triple J hottest 100 2011
taken

Completed Bets
Just made a bet with DocktorKill over IRC:
[00:55] <@fermun> doctorkill, i bet you $25 betmoney that kate beaton wins that category
[00:55] <+DoctorKill> ill take that bet, even though i really want kate beaton to win
[00:56] <+DoctorKill> im pretty sure plenty of people will choose wrongly

I bet $25 that Kate Beaton wins the GoodReads Choice Award for best graphic novel/comic book of 2011
DoctorKill wins, Kate Beaton came in 5th.

In 22 hours from this post, the Tampa Bay Lightning play the New York Islanders in the NHL. I bet $50 that in the first period, no more than 1.5 goals will be scored (either team's goals count towards this score)
I'm in and will take that bet. NHL is hockey?
Jimbob won, in the first period, the Islanders scored 3 times and the Lightning scored once.

I bet $50 that someone will post in the The Dragon Mountain Movie Club before the year is over
will take that bet
Chronicles won, BSam posted in the thread.

Karen and I just bought a copy of the board game Ticket to Ride and have yet to play it.  But when we do,
I bet $50 that Karen will beat me at our first game of Ticket to Ride.
Taken!
Lee won, Karen beat him.

I bet $25 that Bethesda does not make an official apology to people who purchased Skyrim for PS3 within 48 hours of this post.  By official I mean like, posted on their website or sent to gaming websites, not posted in their forums by a mod or something.
You're on, Remington.
Lee won, Bethesda did not apologize.

I bet $50 that Trump will endorse Michele Bachmann in hopes of being selected as her running mate.
I Accept!
Jimbob won, Michele Bachmann will not be participating in the debate.

I bet $50 that this thread will be 10 pages or more by the end of the work week (that is, by 11:59 on December 9th.)
Taken
Chronicles won, thread was 7 pages.

I bet $50 that the winner of the WCG Starcraft 2 tournament will NOT be a South Korean.
I'll take that bet.
88FingersLouie won

Amir Khan is about to fight Lamont Peterson. I bet $50 that Amir Khan will win. The fight is happening very soon, so book early to avoid disappointment.
I'll take that bet.
Remington won

I bet $50 that the front page of the Sunday Express (UK, Sunday 11th December) will make questionable claims about the forthcoming winter weather.
I'll take that bet.
Remington won

I bet $50 that Andrew Luck does not win the 2011 Heisman Trophy.
I do not know what these mean but I will take them. Someone tell me if I win
citizen snip won this bet. Robert Griffin III won the Heisman Trophy.

I bet $50 that Robin van Persie scores a brace or more against Everton.
Miiiine
Raconteur won

I bet that that $50 Chris Paul does end up going to the Lakers.
Even though I'm sure I will lose when outrage makes Stern go back on his decision, I will take that bet, if only because I don't care if the Hornets lose him for nothing since Chris Paul being on the Hornets is the only reason I will still watch an NBA game sometimes.
Steelfan won.

I bet $50 that music website Pitchfork make Bon Iver's album their album of the year
I'll take that bet.
subbero won

I bet $50 that Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked will have a rotten tomatoes score of <30% when it's released on December 16th (the final score will be taken at midnight of that day)
You're on!
drunkpiano lost.

I also bet $50 that the Green Bay Packers do not go 16-0 this regular season.
There's always the possibility that they'll bench their starters but, fuck it I'll take that
88FingersLouie won

I bet $50 that boron will quit his job before this year ends.
oh yeah, well I take that bet
Boron won't quit his job because the store is closing in January.

And counter bet Illiterati $50 that not only will I NOT quit, but I will actually get fired
I'll take that bet because I am made of money.
Boron won't get fired because the store is closing in January.

After winning their first test, the Aussie cricket team are confident of a whitewash victory in their test series against New Zealand. $50 says they only win by 2 tests to 1.
This sounds like gibberish so I'll have no idea if I've won or not but I will take this bet.
The games were two ties or something, I don't know, but calvin says that no one wins/loses

I bet $50 the Lakers will ruin Christmas like they do every year
I'm in and will take this bet.
Chronicles won

I bet $50 that Montreal will have a white Christmas (>1cm of snow on the ground on the 25th)
Das Taken
badboy won

I bet $50 that the Military Wives Choir achieve the Christmas Number One spot (in the UK).
taken
mgoat won

I bet $50 that Goat can't place a bet within the next week (from now, the time of the post is above the post, for the dumb) that 1. Is not about football and 2. He ends up winning.
I'LL TAKE IT
mgoat won

I bet $50 that Rick Santorum says something incredibly racist and nobody calls him out on it at his next debate.
I accept
jimbob won

I bet $50 that Robin van Persie breaks Shearer's record of 36 Prem goals in a calendar year.
TAKEN
mgoat won

I bet $50 that another of the Republican hopefuls will drop out of the running for candidacy by 12:00AM December 31st.
I am in and will take that bet.
Madpiper6 won

I bet $50 that We Bought A Zoo will surpass War Horse in the box office by January 1st
I'll take that
Author won
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:38 am by fermun » Logged
drunkpiano
Je m'appelle
Technocratic Libertarian

Hurry up, Tommy, before zee Germans get here.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:52 pm »

I'm in, but you already knew that.

Donald Trump will be hosting a debate in the days before January 3rd. He has said he will endorse a candidate afterward.
taken by Citizen Snips
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:46 pm by fermun » Logged

Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 04:56 pm »

I'll take that bet.

Additionally,

I bet $50 that Trump will endorse Michele Bachmann in hopes of being selected as her running mate. taken by Jimbob
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:41 am by fermun » Logged

Driscoll
Admin

Huge Cowardly Nerd Shitball

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 05:02 pm »

I am in on this!
Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 05:23 pm »

I am in on this!

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
Chronicles
Recovering Alcoholic

Friend of the Future

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 05:34 pm »

Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 05:39 pm »

I bet $50 that boron will quit his job before this year ends. Taken by Boron

I also bet another $50 that the brave martyrs of Islam will destroy the great Satan (USA) during the final jihad on 5 January 2012. Taken by BSam
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:47 pm by fermun » Logged

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
boron
Mod

let me live my anime life

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 05:42 pm »

oh yeah, well I take that bet

And counter bet Illiterati $50 that not only will I NOT quit, but I will actually get fired Taken by Illiterati

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:47 pm by fermun » Logged

Illiterati
sex fucker
Deathfat

ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:48 pm »

And counter bet Illiterati $50 that not only will I NOT quit, but I will actually get fired

I'll take that bet because I am made of money.

8====D~~~~~~~~~~(( |
Citizen Snips
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖ ♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙ ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
Probably a postbot

Der Zorn Gottes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 05:51 pm »

I bet $50 that by December 17, BondFiction will post in all six of the drunk threads. Taken by Dustbuster
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:48 pm by fermun » Logged

BSam
Vice Douchelord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 05:51 pm »

I also bet another $50 that the brave martyrs of Islam will destroy the great Satan (USA) during the final jihad on 5 January 2012.

I will take that bet!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:22 pm by BSam » Logged
dustbuster
Technocratic Libertarian

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 06:16 pm »

I bet $50 that by December 17, BondFiction will post in all six of the drunk threads.

I'm in and I will take this bet.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:33 pm by dustbuster » Logged
Chronicles
Recovering Alcoholic

Friend of the Future

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 06:21 pm »

Donald Trump will be hosting a debate in the days before January 3rd. He has said he will endorse a candidate afterward.

I will take that bet! taken already.

I will take both those bets! taken already

Also this bet! taken already.

I bet $50 that someone will post in the The Dragon Mountain Movie Club before the year is over taken by Kybard
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:57 pm by fermun » Logged

Chronicles
Recovering Alcoholic

Friend of the Future

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 07:08 pm »

bet $50, that is.

DiegoInglewood
Sauce Castillo
Probably a postbot

#1 Internet Content Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 07:19 pm »

i am in

I bet $20 that a member of The Rolling Stones dies before February 1st taken by Chronicles

I bet $25 that the 2012 AFC Super Bowl contenders in the NFL will be the Baltimore Ravens taken by Kybard

I bet $50 that there will be a high-profile celebrity nude picture leak by January 17th, 2012 (a-lister i.e. Scarlett Johannsen) taken by Coog

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:56 pm by fermun » Logged

Coog
Captain Obvious

Man

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 07:36 pm »

I'm in.

I bet $50 that there will be a high-profile celebrity nude picture leak by January 17th, 2012 (a-lister i.e. Scarlett Johannsen)

Bet taken!

A person who has oranges only wants one thing... to survive. I know that a lot of you "who think you're too cool" probably won't re-post this. But a very little amount of my friends will. Put this in your signature in honor of someone who died of orange, survived or is fighting against it now. ♥
fermun
Mod

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 07:45 pm »

A bunch of you are for some reason not noticing that bets have already been taken by others, I will go through and strikeout bets that get taken, I guess.

edit: Apparently you guys were hopping in on one side of the bet, splitting the payout or whatever, this seems like something that would really require a lot of work or an automated system to keep track of. I'm not going to put in the work, and I know of no automated system that exists for this.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:00 pm by fermun » Logged
Nicol
Time Vampire
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 08:14 pm »

GAMBLING!? I'm in!

i came up in this world so cold. that's why my heart's on froze
Chronicles
Recovering Alcoholic

Friend of the Future

View Profile